Final Kizuna Trailer, Plus Screening Event Translations & A few more things

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few things to go over!

First up, a new trailer for Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna.

This one features Bolero along with various bits designed to remind you of the first 2 Digimon movies.

It appears this was temporarily uploaded early by accident, but various copies were captured (and it'll likely go back up soon.)

We made a mirror above until the proper version is back up.

Update- Swapped in Youtube version above.

Next up, February 4th was the early screening of Kizuna (after the one a few days prior to people who participated in the Memorial Short.)

That one had a decent amount of media coverage, and onkei translated a few articles...

First up, from Dwango.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Voice actor Natsuki Hanae was at the movie completion announcement event of "Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna" (in theaters Feb 21st) on the 4th, with Mayu Matsuoka, Chika Sakamoto, and Director Tomohisa Taguchi.
When asked "What he wanted to evolve this year," Hanae said abashedly, "This isn't about evolving in terms of voice acting, but... I have a tendency to put up a wall with people. Since I'm awkward with getting closer to people who I meet for the first time, it's my goal this year to be friends with them by the 2nd time I see them." Matsuoka said, "Not the first time?" to which he responded honestly about his shyness, "Since normally it takes longer than that, the first time is probably impossible this year."

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The movie is the 20th anniversary commemoration film for the handheld Digimon game turned anime, "Digimon Adventure." Hanae instigated the "big kids" that made up the majority of the audience, saying "The people who watched the TV series in real time as elementary students are adults now who can spend tons of money! Isn't that great?! Being able to buy what you want without anyone getting mad at you is a wonderful thing!"
Hanae, who performed as the protagonist Taichi Yagami in the 2015 "Digimon Adventure tri." series said, "I've had the honor of acting those six chapters, with 'Kizuna' being the culmination of it. It's rare to perform the same role for a long span of time, and the highlight would be seeing how Taichi, after a long period of growing into adulthood, makes his decision in the end."

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

When asked about "the moment you feel like an adult," he first admitted "I still want to be a kid forever" and then said "Drinking beer after a day's work sure tastes great. At the closing party, Chika-san and I drank wine together until we were completely drunk, and then at the end we hugged saying 'Let's keep in touch!'". It seems he felt adulthood by communicating through drink.

Next up, Mantan Web.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Actress Mayu Matsuoka appeared in the movie completion announcement event of "Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna," held at Shinjuku Wald 9. Matsuoka, who voices the Digimon scientist Menoa Bellucci who researches at a university in NYC, exploded with her love for "Digimon" as a fan. She revealed that as a child, she played with the Digivice toy and was "with Agumon." In the post-recording session, "In order to focus on keeping my cool, I remembered my feelings as an actress and did my best. Hearing the director tell me "Bring out your love for Digimon!" made me so happy, and that became my support."

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

When asked to reveal who their favorite character is, Matsuoka said, "Agumon (Angewomon), Mimi (Tachikawa)." "I love Angewomon and when I was in kindergarten, I wanted to be Angewomon. But after seeing this new movie, my top 2 switched positions... Agumon is just so good in it." "I admire Mimi-chan. Even now, I want to be Mimi-chan. I love cute girls, and I think maybe Mimi-chan was my first" and she wouldn't stop talking in her excitement.

About the new movie, she said "You'll fall to your knees from the very beginning. It'll make you go 'Ahhhhh!' You're going to be beaten to a pulp from the opening scene onward. Please be careful!" and "(On the variety show 'Ohast') I was an Ohagirl, and Kouichi Yamadera was my mentor since I was a child. I would like to show "Digimon" to Yama-chan and how I evolved myself."

"Digimon" was sold as a handheld game in June 1997. The first TV anime series broadcasted from 1999-2000, and it's grown to be a lasting success. The new movie is directed by Taguchi Tomohisa, who has worked on such works as "Persona 3 the Movie," and "Kino no Tabi -the Beautiful World- the Animated Series." Toei Animation's Hiromi Seki, who was the original producer of the "Digimon" series participates as supervisor. The main characters of "Digimon Adventure 02" the 2nd TV anime series that aired from 2000-2001, also became a hot topic when it became known that they would be appearing.
Voice actors Natsuki Hanae and Chika Sakamoto, along with Director Taguchi, were also present at the event.

And last up, Natalie Web.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The movie completion announcement event of "Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna" was held this past Feb 4th at Tokyo- Shinjuku Wald 9.
Hanae Natsuki (voice of Taichi Yagami), Chika Sakamoto (voice of Agumon), Mayu Matsuoka (voice of Menoa Bellucci), and Director Tomohisa Taguchi attended the event. Hanae said, "I partook in this series since 'Digimon Adventure tri.' Chapter 1, but this movie is the culmination of it! Getting to perform the same role for a long span of time is really rare. I did my best to bring out Taichi's charmpoints as an adult. The highlight would be seeing what decision Taichi makes in the end."

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Sakamoto, who performed since the 1999 TV series "Digimon Adventure" said, "20 years is a really long time. When I was doing the TV series, I didn't know that there was this many people who loved Digimon. If I knew, I would have had more fun with it (lol). The children who watched the TV series have now grown up into fine adults! That's a lot of years." Hearing these words, Hanae said "All of us were kids back then, but now we can spend money on Digimon goods without anyone getting made at us" making the audience laugh.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Matsuoka, who participated as a guest voice actor, apparently loved the "Digimon" series since her youth. "As a kid, I would take the Digivice with pedometer to the riverbed and shake it!" she reminisced, making gestures. When asked how she prepared for her role, she said excitedly, "First, I try to keep my cool. I mean, Agumon is right there talking next to me!?!" When asked about the movie, she said "It's made by veteran staff who made Digimon back then, as well as staff who grew up watching Digimon. This movie made me remember my childhood while also bringing me one step forward to adulthood."

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Director Taguchi explained his direction for the movie: "I wanted to make a movie where those who'd become adults remembered their childhood and it helped them to take another step forward." On production, he revealed, "The people who'd worked on the anime that I'd seen back then were right before my eyes, and it was so stimulating getting to work with them." Hanae commented on that, "I could tell that Director Taguchi really loves Digimon. The artstyle you made gave a similar vibe to the very first movie that it got me choked up." Sakamoto agreed with Hanae, saying "[The movie] will give you the feeling that it shares the same love that you do (lol). It'll grab a tight hold on your heart from the very beginning!" Matsuoka warned the audience: "The moment the film begins, you'll fall to your knees. Be careful not to fall on top of the person sitting in front of you!"

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The topic switched to their favorite characters and Digimon from the same series. Hanae picked WarGreymon, saying "I don't think you need an explanation. There's no man out there who dislikes WarGreymon! He's really cool and he's saved everyone from dangerous multiple times." Sakamoto chose Taichi as her favorite character, saying "Well, of course! It's gotta be Taichi. I can't help him, I love him so much." Matsuoka said "I've always loved Angewomon, but with this movie, Agumon came out on top. Agumon is just so great in it, okay? That's all I have to report." Taguchi chose Terriermon as his favorite Digimon, saying "I want to keep smooshing his cheeks."

There were questions about the movie's theme at the event as well. On the question of "the moment you feel like an adult," Hanae said "At the closing party, Chika-san and I drank wine together until we were completely drunk. At the end, we hugged and said 'Let's keep in touch!'" On the question of what they wanted to "evolve," Matsuoka said "I was once an Ohagirl, so I'm part of the 'Ohast' family. Kouichi Yamadera was my mentor since I was a child, so I want show "Digimon" to Yama-chan so he can see my evolution."

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

In closing, Matsuoka said: "Taichi and the others keep going forward without giving up, no matter the circumstances. Seeing them like that, even as I'm an adult now, gave me so much courage. I hope that everyone also receives that courage and energy." The event ended with Hanae's words: "I still can't believe that the role of adult Taichi was passed down to me. Becoming an adult means that you gain things but also lose them. The movie made me think of that."

A bit of a fun read.

Plus a few smaller bits...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With Kizuna coming out soon, niconico will be marathoning all of Digimon Adventure over 5 days! Each mini marathon will begin at 7:30pm (Japan time.)

Episodes 1 thru 10 on February 17th
Episodes 11 thru 20 on February 18th
Episodes 21 thru 30 on February 19th
Episodes 31 thru 42 on February 20th
Episodes 43 thru 54 on Februaty 21st, the day the movie comes out.

And one more...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Club DAM karaoke service will be doing 2 Kizuna promotions.

The first is that those who sing Butter-Fly will be entered to win 1 of 10 batteries with the Kizuna poster art on it.

The second is that by following their Twitter and doing their Twitter poll you get entered to win the Digimon Card Premium Edition sets from last year (5 of each will be given away.)

With the movie being close some fun stuff has been showing up...

Attachments

Last edited:

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man, Bolero! If nothing else, I'm looking forward to the remixed OG Adventure music and the slick animation in Kizuna!

shiramomo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Uhh where is the mirrored version? I want to see it :") it seems the link isn't appear on the post above. But thanks a lot for the news!

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looking forward to the rematch of the century with Greymon vs Parrotmon. You think he'd just evolve to try and match the level lol (unless that MetalGreymon shot is part of the fight I suppose).

Parrotmon was probably sent by Homeostatis to retrieve the kid's Digimon.

As for those interviews, they were nice, though got a bit repetitive towards the end. I guess they all feel the same way, but oh well.

Also I see they still like to throw Champions at strong Digimon, the 01 cast will never learn lol

DaemonCorps

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man... I don't wanna be baited with false hope after the whole mess that was the Tri movies, but at the least I will say this new trailer gives me hope that they'll be able to rebound from those last few movies. I'm a sucker for that original Adventure Special and Our War Game, and it looks like they've nailed recreating that whole look perfectly.

icomeanon6

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll wait to see how it plays out in the movie of course, but I'm wary of attempts to reanimate scenes from the Hosoda movies for (I assume) flashbacks. Hosoda's work is perfect -- no imitation can stand up in comparison.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh look like this Kizuna is sorta... Another second version of "War Game" movie. Keramon is the "Physical" destruction for nuking the world with death countdown. Here, Eosmon is the "Mental" destruction for stealing all chosen children (and grown ups)'s consciousness in the whole world with death bond timer. Both are born within the internet... Eh interesting.

Glad to see the whole groups gathered together to defeat Eosmon at finally however "Birdramon" is missing I guess she actually didn't join to fight with her partner but hugging in sad moment. Tri got all 01 partners to Ultimate reached then Kizuna aka second clone of War Game managed to have both groups to fight together!

So it's true tri had Agumon to remember the first memories from that movie with Parrotmon... Huh

But since this trailer is the last so I better stop reading spoilers. Can't wait to watch it!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added the nice Youtube version up above.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll wait to see how it plays out in the movie of course, but I'm wary of attempts to reanimate scenes from the Hosoda movies for (I assume) flashbacks. Hosoda's work is perfect -- no imitation can stand up in comparison.
I don't think that was a flashback, the original trailer showed Parrotmon flying to attack adult Tai and Agumon.

Parrotmon is back for revenge (Tri confirmed it was the same Agumon/Greymon who fought Parrotmon all those years ago)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think that was a flashback, the original trailer showed Parrotmon flying to attack adult Tai and Agumon.
I would assume they are talking about the shot of Taichi and Hikari that is very clearly reanimated from the first movie, and the second thing we see in the trailer, and not random stuff from later.

To say nothing of the multiple other shots that, while having new elements, are very clearly meant to evoke shots from the old movies, and are functionally reanimated versions of old things.

frankiemon827

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also I've noticed some references to Tri as well e.g. where Matt meets Tai on his motorbike (from Tri part 2)...it's fitting that this movie will have elements from all previous adventure movies

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The movie looks nice. The animation doesn’t quite reach the standards of the Hosoda movies in terms of fluency or the sense of weight and momentum in the fights but nothing looks bad either. Especially the choice of colored shading during many scenes gives the movie an interesting style. (Also a not on CG usage... Digimon are not the only ones getting the CG treatment, Yamato is too in the first shot of him riding his motorcycle. Not that that's uncommon)

That being said ...with almost every new reveal or trailer Toei seems to go to great lengths to make the movie look more derivative than it did before. Makes you realize how much tri avoided pandering on that level.

Vice

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the new animation for the first Digimon Adventure movie that they used in this trailer.

Well time to rewatch Adventure in Japanese lol I’m almost done with the English dub.

Last edited: