Final Adventure: Guide Listings for Episodes 65 through 67 & Ghost Game Begins October 3rd

Brubarb

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait why is no one talking about Omegamon Merciful Mode? Especially since they mention that the Chosen Children's wishes "bring about another miracle for Omegamon."

But why is everyone acting like Abaddomon is going to be humanoid? To me it sounds like Lucemon Satan Mode, the outside might be monstrous while there is another "core/center" that is humanoid.
I like your thought! Since merciful mode was an evolution with all the children, I think it fits.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait why is no one talking about Omegamon Merciful Mode? Especially since they mention that the Chosen Children's wishes "bring about another miracle for Omegamon."

But why is everyone acting like Abaddomon is going to be humanoid? To me it sounds like Lucemon Satan Mode, the outside might be monstrous while there is another "core/center" that is humanoid.
I like your thought! Since merciful mode was an evolution with all the children, I think it fits.

why would the antagonist need a merciful death though? would be weird to feel sorry for satan trying to end the world

and, spoilers
we already know alter-s is in the vpet as well as the adventure: chocolate bars its basically confirmed at this point

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We’ve already seen Goddramon, Holydramon, and technically WarGreymon get buffed by all eight Crests in this series. Alter-S wouldn’t need eight different Digimon to fuse together, it probably just needs the power of the Crests to take down Abaddomon. I think people are trying to connect the language used to Merciful Mode instead of just, you know, connecting it back to the actual series lol.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

why would the antagonist need a merciful death though? would be weird to feel sorry for satan trying to end the world

and, spoilers
we already know alter-s is in the vpet as well as the adventure: chocolate bars its basically confirmed at this point
Maybe Negamon is a tragic villain whose deep background will be rushed in 2 episodes xD

No, seriously, Merciful Mode would be the worst possible decision in my opinion.

We’ve already seen Goddramon, Holydramon, and technically WarGreymon get buffed by all eight Crests in this series. Alter-S wouldn’t need eight different Digimon to fuse together, it probably just needs the power of the Crests to take down Abaddomon. I think people are trying to connect the language used to Merciful Mode instead of just, you know, connecting it back to the actual series lol.
It reminds me of the famous Gaiamon from episode 50.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

and, spoilers
Maybe Negamon is a tragic villain whose deep background will be rushed in 2 episodes xD

No, seriously, Merciful Mode would be the worst possible decision in my opinion.

Gaiamon in episode 50? What was the speculation about back then?

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

and, spoilers

A theory that Gaiamon had boosted Wargreymon's Gaia Force to allow him to defeat ZeedMilleniummon.

We saw it all over the Youtube comments after the episode aired (and it hasn't completely gone away yet).

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With this confirmation, Xros Wars is still officially the longest Digimon series (well arguably the Hunters arc is a different series though).
By that logic Adventure should be the largest if we count 02 and Tri... Adventure: is the largest series on its own.
You are not wrong, I totally consider Hunters to Xros Wars what 02 and Tri are to the original Adventure. However Toei and Bandai officially acknowledge Xros Wars as a one single series with 79 episodes, sadly enough. Unofficially Adventure 2020 is the longest Digimon series fair and square.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

and, spoilers

A theory that Gaiamon had boosted Wargreymon's Gaia Force to allow him to defeat ZeedMilleniummon.

We saw it all over the Youtube comments after the episode aired (and it hasn't completely gone away yet).
Yeah, this is definitely not a thing. The series isn't even remotely deep. It's fun with all the cameos, but that's basically it for me.

Kamotz

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

and, spoilers

Doesn't the "worst possible decision" kinda just make it obvious that's the direction this series is gonna take it at this point?

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Worst possible decision" would be to have Taichi single-handedly pull the final win out of his backside. Like fusing with Omegamon. :p

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We will probably know what is behind negamon action ones it's profile releases, I doubt this anime will tell us anything sadly.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We will probably know what is behind negamon action ones it's profile releases, I doubt this anime will tell us anything sadly.
I wonder if we'll get his profile coming monday or if he'll feature in the following episode, before digivolution.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A funny theory just sprouted in my mind.

What if Omegamon wasn't the one to deliver the final blow to Negamon.
I imagine an episode where Omegamon appears to fight Abaddomon, and he would have the upper hand, but fail to take him down (not necessarily because he would lose, but rather because the fusion would be limited in time or something like that).

But he would have weakened the villain enough for the 8 Megas to stand up to him, and it was they who would deliver the final blow to Abaddomon.

If you are familiar with Dragon Ball, this is a case often found in the series.

Vegetto, Gogeta 4, and even Goku Ultra Instinct were all introduced to us as the ultimate, invincible forms of Goku, and technically it was true.
Goku UI was stronger than Jiren but didn't have a chance to eliminate him before Goku's body shattered.
So it was Goku SSJ, Frieza and C-17 who had to take Jiren out, even though they were weaker than the Ultra Instinct.

I find this an interesting case, the ultimate form of the hero retains its aura of invincibility since technically it doesn’t lose the fight, but it also allows the secondary characters to shine.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Which Gaiamon? The appmon?
I didn't know about this haha but it's too exaggerated.

Back to topic, Alter S seems possible and expected but the follow up to that form kinda low. If only Blitz and Cres appeared not only just once..

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alter S is usually portrayed as either equal to or even slightly weaker than normal Omegamon which is what makes this so weird.

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alter S is usually portrayed as either equal to or even slightly weaker than normal Omegamon which is what makes this so weird.

Wait omegamon alter s made appearance before? Where?

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With Alter-S my impression is that it will be similiar to how Merciful Mode appeared in tri even then there were no signs that Omegamon in his normal form gets a smackdown from Ordinemon...it happens just coz they want to show off more Omegamon variants...