Final Adventure: Guide Listings for Episodes 65 through 67 & Ghost Game Begins October 3rd

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was worried the non-Agumon and Gabumon Megas would only show up once until the finale. With one exception, it seems I was right. What I didn't predict was that they would only reappear to job (at least that's what the summary is implying).
I don’t get why the majority of the series took place with Perfects, again. Was it just them wanting to move 20 year old merch?

The36thKnight

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait why is no one talking about Omegamon Merciful Mode? Especially since they mention that the Chosen Children's wishes "bring about another miracle for Omegamon."

But why is everyone acting like Abaddomon is going to be humanoid? To me it sounds like Lucemon Satan Mode, the outside might be monstrous while there is another "core/center" that is humanoid.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait why is no one talking about Omegamon Merciful Mode? Especially since they mention that the Chosen Children's wishes "bring about another miracle for Omegamon."

But why is everyone acting like Abaddomon is going to be humanoid? To me it sounds like Lucemon Satan Mode, the outside might be monstrous while there is another "core/center" that is humanoid.
It literally says it's humanoid? And why would Merciful Mode show up? Its presence makes no sense here.

The36thKnight

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It literally says it's humanoid? And why would Merciful Mode show up? Its presence makes no sense here.
The core is humanoid, Abaddomon itself could still be monstrous. And for the 2nd point, the conditions for Merciful Mode seem to be similar to the ones of Tri.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly it's odd to have Omegamon Merciful Mode appears to give "Mercy Death" to final villain?
This final boss made really huge disasters in both worlds.

If Omegamon Merciful Mode appears, I find it very weird because all the chosen children kept getting separated so many times in this season so what's the point of it...?

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The reason it's called Merciful is because it's an assassin that finishes off the foe quickly and painlessly. The "putting down a sick cat" allegory doesn't work here.

The36thKnight

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You guys are right, I didn't think of anything other than the summoning. Chosen Children + partners evolving Omegamon already happened with Merciful Mode, seems weird that THAT would lead to Alter-S when it's just a fusion of Blitz and Cres.

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The whole negamon line sounds like leviamon to me, they both do same thing, consume eat everything in there path, really would like to see leviamon make its debut.

IndustrialPanic

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The whole negamon line sounds like leviamon to me, they both do same thing, consume eat everything in there path, really would like to see leviamon make its debut.
It was a digimemory in xros wars so technically it already had it's debut, even if it wasn't the "real" Leviamon.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Negamon will apparently have 5 forms.

- Negamon (Eyeball)
- Negamon (Whale)
- Kuzurumon
- Abaddomon
- Abaddomon Core

Personally, I like the fact that the Final Boss has a humanoid appearance.
It’s true that it is quite common to have "monsters" Digimon which become more human in their last stage (although the reverse is not uncommon either (Armageddemon, Lucemon, VenomVamdemon)), but for a final fight, I like that the two opponents are on an equal footing in terms of design.

I wonder how will they bring Alter-s
I think of something like Susanoomon in Frontier.
Susanoomon is created for the first time by the fusion of Takuya and Kouji, it beats Lucemon FM then the children return to their normal form.
But Lucemon SM appears, which forces the characters to create a new Susanoomon, this time with the 3 other children, to face him.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was a digimemory in xros wars so technically it already had it's debut, even if it wasn't the "real" Leviamon.

Eh? I don't count that at all even the appearance he made right at the end to give himself to shoutmon, his a final boss material digimon imo

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well these sound cool. ...Are the other Megas going to attack with Omegamon? I would hope so since we spent all this time getting them.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another mode change for Omegamon? Since it says Omegamon not Taichi Yamato or Agumon Gabumon.
I expect Alter S but so far there's no direct evolution line from Omegamon to Omegamon Alter S. And it would feel weird that Omegamon just evolve into Alter S with no Blitz's and Cres' second appearance at all.
It would be cool too if we get just a regular Omegamon but with the power of everyone like WarGreymon vs Zeed. So that shouldn't be counted as a new digimon, it's just something like ElDoradimon with wings or Shiny WarGreymon.
And by the time I type this, my expectation for Alter S is getting low haha. Because I remember there are no many new evolution in many series' finale. A movie for Alter S would be fine.

The villain's humanoid form please be a creepy badass.
Honestly, I would be completely ok with this miracle being a new power (Omega Inforce, All Delete or whatever) rather than a transformation.

In 64 episodes there haven't been any build-up for Alter-S, Merciful Mode or any other Omegamon subspecies, it would just be weird to make it appear out of nowhere in the last episode.

That said, it wouldn't be the first curious decision in this series.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another mode change for Omegamon? Since it says Omegamon not Taichi Yamato or Agumon Gabumon.
I expect Alter S but so far there's no direct evolution line from Omegamon to Omegamon Alter S. And it would feel weird that Omegamon just evolve into Alter S with no Blitz's and Cres' second appearance at all.
It would be cool too if we get just a regular Omegamon but with the power of everyone like WarGreymon vs Zeed. So that shouldn't be counted as a new digimon, it's just something like ElDoradimon with wings or Shiny WarGreymon.
And by the time I type this, my expectation for Alter S is getting low haha. Because I remember there are no many new evolution in many series' finale. A movie for Alter S would be fine.

The villain's humanoid form please be a creepy badass.
Honestly, I would be completely ok with this miracle being a new power (Omega Inforce, All Delete or whatever) rather than a transformation.

In 64 episodes there haven't been any build-up for Alter-S, Merciful Mode or any other Omegamon subspecies, it would just be weird to make it appear out of nowhere in the last episode.

That said, it wouldn't be the first curious decision in this series.

Bandai/toei wouldn't really care about that, what they'd care about is getting pre orders up for an Omegamon Alter-S figure seconds after the episode airs

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With this confirmation, Xros Wars is still officially the longest Digimon series (well arguably the Hunters arc is a different series though). I don't know how I feel about this final arc, it looks a lot like defeat the enemy/evolve to a stronger Digimon kind of situation, but without much context it may be kinda predictable. And let's face it, storytelling is not the strongest point of Adventure 2020. I hope it's at least as enjoyable as Appmon and Digimon Tri respective finales were. If Alter-S doesn't end up showing up during the final battle it would be extremely underwhelming.

Jscarlos18

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So is Negamon appearance inside the ball of darkness a different mode similar to eyesmon or the v-jump ilustartion was it's evolution?

In the end the ones that used more their ultimates were Taichi and Yamato... well, with Ghost Game having a smaller cast like with tamers I hope the protagonist have equal spotlight.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Negamon and its evolutions seem to be indeed endgame villain. Its power to erase is indeed something different. Wonder if it will absorb Argomon (Ultimate)... Hope Ultimates vs Negamon to be a good battle. Wonder if it will talk. Sad this series ends. The ancient war had so much potential if it was used more. The summaries make it seem that either Alter S or Merciful Mode will appear.
With this confirmation, Xros Wars is still officially the longest Digimon series (well arguably the Hunters arc is a different series though).
By that logic Adventure should be the largest if we count 02 and Tri... Adventure: is the largest series on its own.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Toei has generally counted Xros Wars as a single series, the last episode of Hunters being labeled 79 instead of 25.