Figure Rise Standard Amplified MetalGarurumon Black Model Kit International Release in June, Pre-Orders Open

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
modelkit_metalgarurumonblack1_february4_2021.jpg
modelkit_metalgarurumonblack2_february4_2021.jpg
modelkit_metalgarurumonblack3_february4_2021.jpg
modelkit_metalgarurumonblack4_february4_2021.jpg

Information first began to show up yesterday, but it was so haphazard and different from place to place we were waiting to see if more solid info would show up. It mostly has at this point.

In June Bandai will be releasing a black repaint of the MetalGarurumon Figure-rise Standard Amplified model kit.

At the moment, unlike the BlackWarGreymon kit, it appears this will be a straight repaint/recoloring without any additional parts.

BigBadToyStore currently has pre-orders open for $56.

At the moment there isn't any page for it on the Bandai Spirits site, and it appears Japanese stores don't have pre-orders listed, so it's unclear if this is just international info showing up a bit early, or if this will pop-up as a Premium Bandai release in Japan, or something else.

Of course, Figure-rise Standard Amplified Dukemon was just announced earlier this week, so they may just be waiting for some time to pass before announcing it for Japan.

Attachments

• modelkit_metalgarurumonblack1_february4_2021article.jpg
    modelkit_metalgarurumonblack1_february4_2021article.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 13,993

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm all for something that gives BlackMetalGarurumon some love lol. The regular MetalGarurumon kit is so-so, but that might be my overall opinion of the theme as a whole. I'm still buying them all at this point!

Kit Chan

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I haven't built a model kit in a while and been getting cravings. Maybe I'll pick this one up.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah bandai and their toy colours. I think this might be the first time they've done it with MetalGarurumon? Shame they never did a BlacGabumon digivolving spirit as well.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Your wallet is kinda safe when one of your favorite Digimon ever is an alternate color and not the main character. But then... Curse you and thank you so much, Bandai!

Personally, I'm not really a fan of figures. If I get this one, I'll just look at it and think I should get Mugendramon. And if I look at both, I'll think a third and a forth would look well on the shelf. I think I'll stick to Digivices. :cry:

It looks amazing though.

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's certainly not something I ever expected to happen. Especially given Metalgarurumon's second fiddle status to Wargreymon, and the fact his Black counterpart hasn't even had an anime appearance either (yet).

But I guess they are looking for any excuse for some extra cash. :p

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No additional parts this time. If I have one I sure want to repaint the eyes to full red.

Expect Imperialdramon Paladin Mode coming to FRSA line too. But this time the probably won't promote it to be mode change-able, but we can do it ourselves since they probably will recolour the FM.

Got me thingking.
It's hard to make Omegamon Digivolving Spirits from WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon combined, like the past one. It looked weird. But I think it's easier to make that Omegamon Digivolving figure (from WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon combined) in Figure Rise Standard line. Of course if they want to remodel them again.

One last thing, it's not about FRSA but it seems like we'll get another Digivolving Spirits: MetalGreymon to WarGreymon. Based on WarGreymon evo scene in Adventure:.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This seems both obvious but also really cool. These model kits seem pretty hard to do but only if you don't normally do this.

Dusky1607

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This seems both obvious but also really cool. These model kits seem pretty hard to do but only if you don't normally do this.
Not really that hard to make imo. I did my first kit and my advice is to just take your time and make sure the small pieces (such as the ones for connecting the joints) are facing the right way. The only thing that i think is irritating about it is trying to make clean cuts to every single piece. Also some pieces wont stay on even when placed right.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure how people who do gunpla can do it but I guess it's practice. It's still pretty cool at times.