Figure-Rise Standard Amplified Imperialdramon Announced, Updated with translated comments

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added translations of the comments by Seki Hiromi and Kenji Watanabe about the new model kit.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't reveal it just yet, but there is also a secret to this item...!!
either an interesting add on or this Imperialdramon can transform! Now I'm interested!
I find it interesting reading how when Kenji was designing Imperialdramon for 02 he challenged himself to make a Digimon balanced in being organic and inorganic while also being translatable as a toy. I like seeing all the thought that goes into a design. He's stated before that he worried about making Digimon too artificial looking when talking about the reason for giving Hackmon a scarf is so that it wouldn't look as inorganic

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't reveal it just yet, but there is also a secret to this item...!!
either an interesting add on or this Imperialdramon can transform! Now I'm interested!
I find it interesting reading how when Kenji was designing Imperialdramon for 02 he challenged himself to make a Digimon balanced in being organic and inorganic while also being translatable as a toy. I like seeing all the thought that goes into a design. He's stated before that he worried about making Digimon too artificial looking when talking about the reason for giving Hackmon a scarf is so that it wouldn't look as inorganic
I think that's part of the reason I've been iffy on the Figure Rise ones, because they look a little overly mechanical. I'd buy it in a second if there was a transforming feature (although why not just keep going with Digivolving Spirits...?) but it's probably just a gigadeath effect/attachment thing. Kinda looking forward to seeing what it is though!