Figure-Rise Standard Amplified Imperialdramon Announced, Updated with translated comments

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

After the teaser a few days ago for a new Digimon model kit, we finally know who it is! The new Figure-Rise Standard Amplified model kit is Imperialdramon from Digimon Adventure 02.

They are just calling him Imperialdramon at the moment (whether that's just for the teaser or will be how the final product ends up labeled is unknown.)

At the moment we just get to see the new design in silhouette, and it is based on Fighter Mode (although I think everyone is expecting a Paladin Mode repaint down the line.)

More details to come soon!

They will be giving away a shikishi by Kenji Watanabe of Imperialdramon Fighter Mode, along with pre-existing kits.

Those in Japan who went to enter:
Follow @HobbySite on Twitter
RT this tweet or make a tweet about the kits with the hashtag #Amplifiedインペリアルドラモン発売記念
It ends on June 3rd.

Update- Translation of the comments from Seki Hiromi and Kenji Watanabe thanks to onkei!

Seki Hiromi
Bandai Spirits asked me for a comment and sent me the 3D data and silhouette art. To be honest, it made me more excited to see those than the completed color photo!!
The preview looked so fitting!! It's amazing how you can tell that it's Imperialdramon just by his silhouette.
As expected of the imperial dragon. It reminds me of the first time it appeared in the anime, episode 39 of the 02 series. That was Hiroyuki Kakudou's episode direction. His ability to have all characters involved in a single episode is not something that most normal directors can pull off.
Also, of course, there may be people who are reminded of the movie "02 Diaboromon Strikes Back."
This Digimon has three different patterns of "Dragon," "Fighter," and "Paladin Mode," so he's a "large scope" Digimon that can please not only anime fans, but figure fans and game fans as well.
Please let your imaginations run with intoxication on the light and dark of this Digimon, its holy side and evil side.
Profile- Joined the Toei Douga company (Now Toei Animation). Producer of the following works: "Himitsu no Akko-chan", "Marmalade Boy", "Gokinjo Monogatari", "Hana yori Dango", "Yume no Crayon Oukoku", "Ojamajo Doremi" series, "Digimon Adventure" series, "Konjiki no Gash", "Ashita no Nadja", "Lovecom", etc. In the newest Digimon Adventure series, she was advisor for the movie "Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna" (in theaters 2020).

Kenji Watanabe:
Imperialdramon is now part of the Figure-rise Standard Amplified series!
My design of Imperialdramon comes from the desire to make him into a Digimon who interchanges between warrior mode and dragon mode, but it couldn't be a complicated design for when he was made into a kid's toy. Also, because he's a Digimon, I went more in the direction of a design where he looks more like a biological creature rather than a full-on mecha. I remember reaching the final design that balanced both aspects with much trouble.
But even that Imperialdramon has now been designed for the Figure-rise Standard Amplified series!
I reevaluated his entire body form and did a close-up of his parts' details, aiming for a cool look that's befitting of this series. The supervising developer is currently fine-tuning it in earnest, so please look forward to the final outcome!!
I can't reveal it just yet, but there is also a secret to this item...!!
Please look forward to its release!
Profile- Chief designer for toy company "Wiz" and representing "Wow Factory." He has created many of the monsters in the Digimon series.
His representative works are "Tamagotchi," "Yoicocchi," "Magical Witches," "Legendz: Tale of the Dragon Kings." He is also program producer of the doll and voice actor variety show "Dolly☆Variety."

Attachments

Last edited:

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope it transforms from Dragon Mode to Fighter Mode similar to a transforming Gunpla kit.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Imperialdramon's design is very suitable for a model kit. I hope the build is solid, hopefully with nice articulation and very little stickers.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Duftmon and Sleipmon could be perfect for this but probably will not happen.

Imperialdramon Fighter Mode Amplified looks quite menacing. In shadow.

Yeah Paladin Mode probably will come afterwards. Like BlackWarGreymon.

But I really do want some villains with Amplified kits.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Experienced modelers could make their own Paladin Mode, by repainting Imperialdramon and literally using the Omegamon kit to create an Omega Blade. Of course, an Omegamon kit is a hefty cost just to make a sword.

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Most of us guessed correctly then. the shadow looks menacing!

Leoil01

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This might be palidin mode look at the head crest its big palidin's head crest is bigger

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This might be palidin mode look at the head crest its big palidin's head crest is bigger
Paladin Mode and Fighter Mode have the exact same head shape. It looks bigger and spikier in the picture because the "amplified" figures render things bigger and spikier in general.
It's also clearly fighter mode because he has the Positron Laser on his arm, Paladin mode no longer has that.

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But all the indicators pointed to MaloMyotismon.

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This thing looks colossal compared to other Figure-rise Standard Digimon kits.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think we figured(small discussion before) that if they did make PM then it could/would just be a web exclusive. So it's obviously FM.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added more details about the shikishi contest.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now if only they would do Paladin Mode.
They will. All they gotta do is recolour and make minor changes. its like when they release BlackWarGreymon versions of WarGreymon merch. It's inevitable

iMacross

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
if anything they can release a devimon and angemon one since there is already pre-existing art of their amplified versions. Btw does anyone know when metalgarurumon amplified is coming out?

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
if anything they can release a devimon and angemon one since there is already pre-existing art of their amplified versions. Btw does anyone know when metalgarurumon amplified is coming out?
MetalGarurumon comes out in July. It was supposed to come out in June, but it got delayed due to the Coronavirus outbreak.