Fight! Digital Tyrannosaurus Manhua

Digi_TaKi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks this is great more manhua ! Its quite sad we do not get this much Digimon manga in the western world. I will have fun reading this (with google translate camera lol)

by the way is this Mandarin or Cantonese ?

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The "Thunderbolt Tournament" (數碼暴龍雷霆大賽) is apparently the contest where the characters participate according to this brief synopsis here:
原作/東映動畫株式會社  漫畫/余遠鍠
中學生、晶晶及誠仔被選中參加「數碼暴龍雷霆大賽」,原來比賽是於數碼異度空間中進行,令數碼暴龍變成活生生的生物,若打敗對手便可逃出生天,否則,永遠被困於此,到底子龍他們的命運如何?

What I really don't get is, okey we have 4 volumes of 25 chapters in total, but what are then the other six (the ones that appear in this page)? Are part of the same manga, are an extra, a side story?

Last edited:

Digi_TaKi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good new guys ! Found all of the raws for the "Thunderbolt Challenge" Manhua, which can be found here : https://mega.nz/#F!SBxEGAhJ!J9UMhpvlJTWkPzO8liWcmA

It includes all six volumes and a "special" volume which i did not know about, i am guessing it is some sort of bonus, therefore doesn't count as a 7th volume. Next job is to track down those Lu Shui-shi manhuas (lol)

Anyways ...Enjoy ! and once again thanks to Dimensão Digimon.

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You guys are amazing! :) Thanks to all who've been contributing, particularly to Garmmon, Digi_TaKi, and Shadow Shinji.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We're allowing it for now since it's such an eclectic, old, and out of print manhua that never made it very far, and quite possibly won't be reprinted.

In the future, if links like this are posted without checking first, that may not happen.

Digi_TaKi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So... which came first, the 6-volume series or the 4-volume series?
The 6 volume series (Thunderbolt Tournament) came first, and then the 4 volume series (Decisive Battle Story) was published.

This is according to a "CO-CO! Magazine" archive, which was the magazine this was serialized in and the same magazine that d cyber was in too.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh. I figured it was the other way around, just because the RAR files don't give a subtitle for the "Decisive Battle" manhua.

Digi_TaKi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh. I figured it was the other way around, just because the RAR files don't give a subtitle for the "Decisive Battle" manhua.
The covers of the 4 volume manhua, have ―完全體決戰篇― written on them which google translated as decisive battle story. And also in the chapter pages of the manhua it is there, i don't know why it is not in the rar files. I am not sure if it the right translation though, maybe Garm could confirm, that would be appreciated.

Anyways as for the order, i also saw the copyright in the corner of the pages, for the 6 volume manhua and it says "Rightman / Yu Yuen Wong - 1998" and for the 4 volume one it says "Rightman / Yu Yuen Wong - 1999"

For example here is the first chapter page for both of the Manhuas : The first image is from the 6 volume series and the second is from the 4 volume series...

Last edited:

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Somebody knows which evolution lines did they use in the manga?

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The covers of the 4 volume manhua, have ―完全體決戰篇― written on them which google translated as decisive battle story. And also in the chapter pages of the manhua it is there, i don't know why it is not in the rar files. I am not sure if it the right translation though, maybe Garm could confirm, that would be appreciated.
完全體決戰篇 translates to 'Perfect Level Decisive Battle Chapter'. As in, decisive battle between Perfect Level Digimon.

edit: I haven't read the manhua, but if the battle in this 4-parter sequel is part of the same tournament in the 6-parter's name, 決戰 could also mean 'finals'.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been looking through the manhua, and it's interesting and odd. The first is really one chapter per volume, with the "special volume" just being the seventh and final chapter. The second manhua is more of a "proper" multi-volume affair, with a total of 24 chapters. As of this post I've only looked through the first chapter of the second manhua. The art style is weird. Very cartoony and American-looking in many ways, perhaps more in keeping with the Digimon's original Bandai art, but very different from the anime and manga that we've become used to. D-Cyber still has some of that, but it seems to have been tempered with influence from Japanese media.

Somebody knows which evolution lines did they use in the manga?
Like I said, I've only finished the first manhua so far, but the only evolutions we've seen in that were DarkTyrannomon to MetalTyrannomon (protagonist's partner) and Pagumon to Gizamon (blonde kid's partner). The girl has a Gazimon but it hasn't evolved yet. I'm thinking Gazimon and Gizamon might eventually become Devidramon and Tuskmon in the second manhua, since those are the only Ver. 5 Digimon (besides Zurumon) that didn't appear in the first.

EDIT:
Blonde kid's Digimon (I assume it's the same one) reappears in the second manhua's first volume as a Nanomon.

Last edited:

Digi_TaKi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
完全體決戰篇 translates to 'Perfect Level Decisive Battle Chapter'. As in, decisive battle between Perfect Level Digimon.

edit: I haven't read the manhua, but if the battle in this 4-parter sequel is part of the same tournament in the 6-parter's name, 決戰 could also mean 'finals'.
Thanks for confirming this ! :)

The art style is weird. Very cartoony and American-looking in many ways, perhaps more in keeping with the Digimon's original Bandai art, but very different from the anime and manga that we've become used to. D-Cyber still has some of that, but it seems to have been tempered with influence from Japanese media.
Yeah, it is not too surprising that the art style is very similar to D-Cyber, since they were written and illustrated by the same people, what i do not get though is why they decided to go with a "cartoon- looking" art style as apposed to the more popular, "typical manga" one from the time, but i guess since it is not Japanese they wanted to try something a bit different.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope we can get at least a plot summary for this series, to help me figure out what's going on. It looks to be pretty insane. The final battle is against some dude who looks like a Dragon Ball Z character. I'm done looking through the whole series now. Here are the protagonists' partner Digimon (which are the only ones to evolve).

Main character:
DarkTyrannomon > MetalTyrannomon
Leomon

Kid with hat:
Pagumon > Gizamon > ? > Nanomon
Seadramon > Mamemon

Girl:
Gazimon

Cyclomon, Raremon, Flymon, Deltamon, Ex-Tyrannomon, Nanomon, Mamemon, MetalMamemon, Giromon, Etemon, Monzaemon, Numemon, Scumon, Ogremon, and Megadramon appear as antagonists' Digimon. Piccolomon plays a minor supporting role, and other Digimon make cameo appearances. Amazing to finally see Ex-Tyrannomon in something. I guess it wasn't as forsaken as we'd thought.

Last edited:

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope we can get at least a plot summary for this series, to help me figure out what's going on. It looks to be pretty insane. The final battle is against some dude who looks like a Dragon Ball Z character. I'm done looking through the whole series now. Here are the protagonists' partner Digimon (which are the only ones to evolve).

Main character:
DarkTyrannomon > MetalTyrannomon
Leomon

Kid with hat:
Pagumon > Gizamon > ? > Nanomon
Seadramon > Mamemon

Girl:
Gazimon

Cyclomon, Raremon, Flymon, Deltamon, Ex-Tyrannomon, Nanomon, Mamemon, MetalMamemon, Giromon, Etemon, Monzaemon, Numemon, Scumon, Ogremon, and Megadramon appear as antagonists' Digimon. Piccolomon plays a minor supporting role, and other Digimon make cameo appearances. Amazing to finally see Ex-Tyrannomon in something. I guess it wasn't as forsaken as we'd thought.
Woah, some of the protagonists have two Digimon?! That's pretty cool. I haven't had a chance to look through it myself, so thanks for the info!

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, the Digimon basically all come out of v-pets. So I guess the kid with the hat traded his version 5 out for a version 1 part-way through the series. I'm not sure what the deal is with the protagonist's change of Digimon. I think that
basically his original v-pet got destroyed when MetalTyrannomon was killed, but then I guess Piccolomon showed up and gave him a Leomon? Something like that

Also, I don't suppose anyone's found any more of that Adventure manhua available?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not strictly on-topic, but I figured it might be better to go ahead and double post here about this instead of starting a new thread.

So, I've been doing some research on Digimon RPG recently, and while doing an image search on Korean terms I found some shots from a Digimon manhwa shared on someone's blog. I don't know if it's anything official, but it looks like it could be, and I've been trying to find out more about it but have come up empty so far. A comment on one of the blog posts mentions Yu Yuen Wong, but I don't know if they're her work or not. They don't look quite like her style to me, but I could be wrong, and for all I know they could be from the manhua that were localized into English by Tokyo Pop (if anyone could confirm or disprove this, I'd appreciate it). Anyway, here are those posts, one with an Adventure adaptation and one with an Adventure 02 adaptation:

https://m.blog.naver.com/drjung98/220096261013
http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=drjung98&logNo=220112655606

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've translated Vol. 1-6 here (doesn't include the special volume or the perfect level arc, not sure when I'll get around to those):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s46cme4e43twll7/fight_vol1-6.zip

It's nothing super complicated that a reader wouldn't get just by seeing the pictures but it's nice to have I guess?
I'm too lazy to typeset so anyone who feels like it, feel free to do so haha just as long as i'm credited for the translations.