Few more dub details on Data Squad

NewsBot

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The 2 other chicks will still be Megumi and Miki.

Nimoy is choosing episode titles, if someone on the production team comes up with a better one, they use that.

It'll be Rize for RizeGreymon, not Rise.

A name in the game doesn't mean it'll be a name in the show.

PawnChessmon don't talk.

Digivolve, Digivolve, Digivolve.

Sunflowmon is Sunflowmon, as is obvious the Toei site has alot of mistakes on it.

When a level is skipped it'll be 'Warp Digivolve' once again (which wasn't just used for Rookie to Mega, in Digimon The Movies it was used for Champion to Mega also)

-- <span style="font-variant: small-caps; font-size: 9pt;">godofchaos</span>

Source: http:// (Jeff Nimoy)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sounds good to me. Except for the misplaced apostrophe.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to see the use of Warp Digivolve again. I still can't believe some people think it is the process of digivolving from Rookie to Mega. I mean I actually had to explain to a fellow Digifan last year that Warp Digivolution is digivolving from one level to another bypassing any number of stages in the process.

But yeah it's nice to see that Sunflowmon is still Sunflowmon, and not Sunflowermon.

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=NewsBot link=topic=4727.msg63984#msg63984 date=1188365034]
The 2 other chicks will still be Megumi and Miki.[/quote]

Oh Goodie !

Nimoy is choosing episode titles, if someone on the production team comes up with a better one, they use that.[/quote]

Since the same process gave us the name Keenan, I´m not sure if this is good.

It'll be Rize for RizeGreymon, not Rise.[/quote]

I guess because it flows all over the screen.

A name in the game doesn't mean it'll be a name in the show.[/quote]

That is not surprising, since it happenen a lot with the Digimon Dub and Bandai of America Names.

PawnChessmon don't talk.[/quote]

Good, that means no stupid dialogues added for them.

Digivolve, Digivolve, Digivolve.[/quote]

I guess it was too much to hope for Evolve, as a term.

Sunflowmon is Sunflowmon, as is obvious the Toei site has alot of mistakes on it.[/quote]

That is good news.

When a level is skipped it'll be 'Warp Digivolve' once again (which wasn't just used for Rookie to Mega, in Digimon The Movies it was used for Champion to Mega also)
[/quote]

Depending on if they consider the Evolution to Perfect a "Warp Digivolve", we will hear that term a lot.

DigistarDBZ

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think it's been addressed here yet, but let me state that I still want Kurata to keep his name; I mean, if Miki, Megumi, Yushima and Yoshino (to a point, that is) get to keep theirs, I can't see why Kurata's has to be changed as well. I mean, change his first name if you want, or maybe not even mention his first name at all and let people decide for themselves.

I mean, if they change it, that's fine. We'll get used to it. I just feel it would be smarter to let Kurata keep his name, that's all. >>;

On the other hand, I quite like all of the stuff that's been listed. :) "Warp Digivolve" kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

AlforceVeedramon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
as long as the episode titles aren't stupid puns or old phrases, I'll be fine.

Hooray for the return of Warp Digivolving! I just hope it isn't used for Child -> Perfect, since that isn't really warping.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Technically it is the jump from one stage to another with out going through the individual ones, so technically Child->perfect qualifies.
Though early on it was at first though that was from child to ultimate only, then later assumed just to ultimate in general, but I doubt that is the case.

I mean who knows maybe we won't hear a "Warp Digivolve" maybe instead they will change the text on the Digivice from Perfect Evolution, or what ever it said during child->perfect, to Warp Digivolve. To me that would make sense.

shermpmc

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They showed their Adult stage in the Child->Perfect evolutions, and then the Adult evolved to the Perfect level. It's not really Warp Digivolving, it's just going from Rookie to Champion and then instantly to Ultimate. When they evolved to their Final levels, they completely skipped the clips of GeoGreymon, RizeGreymon, Gaogamon, etc, and went right to Ultimate.

Warp Digivolution in Adventure showed little 3D models of Agumon and Gabumon's Champion and Ultimate, but not the actual evolution clip. Think of it like Matrix Digivolving in Tamers, where sometimes they'd go right from Rookie to Ultimate, but they still showed them changing to Growlmon, Kyuubimon, and Galgomon in between.

SakuyamonX

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Child Digimon have evolved straight to Perfect forms before, and I don't ever recall the dub calling it "Warp Digivolution".

Btw, I'm sort of glad the title names are going to be changed. To tell you truth, I'm getting a bit tired of the long dramatic anime titles, and rather have small title names with witty references.

Raptorscribe

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
None of you guys remember the original Warp Digivolving? They through their normal forms before arriving at the determined level in those too.

I'd actually bet on it dude. But how are those worse than "Hey, let's describe the episode plot in the title"?

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Raptorscribe link=topic=4727.msg64021#msg64021 date=1188407004]
None of you guys remember the original Warp Digivolving? They through their normal forms before arriving at the determined level in those too.
[/quote]

Yes, but they didn´t not wtn through their Evolution Sequences. The Child to Perfect Evos in Savers do.

[quote author=Raptorscribe link=topic=4727.msg64021#msg64021 date=1188407004]

I'd actually bet on it dude. But how are those worse than "Hey, let's describe the episode plot in the title"?
[/quote]

Referring to the Original ? Those were hints at best !

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except Nimoy didn't choose the name Keenan dumb dumb.

He likes the name and approved it, but he didn't come up with it. One of the producers thought it up.

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, but it is still like the process of creating Epsiode Titles mentioned.

Nimoy is choosing episode titles, if someone on the production team comes up with a better one, they use that.
[/quote]

Okay, let´s call it a similar process.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll pass, just because you want to say its similiar doesn't mean it is, especially since we don't know what went into the name prior to that.

DigistarDBZ

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=SakuyamonX link=topic=4727.msg64018#msg64018 date=1188404270]
Btw, I'm sort of glad the title names are going to be changed. To tell you truth, I'm getting a bit tired of the long dramatic anime titles, and rather have small title names with witty references.
[/quote]
Yeah, I mean..I don't really mind it, it just makes it feel like the Digimon of the good ol' days. In fact, I'd be worried if the episode titles weren't either subtle jokes or balant movie title parodies. ;D

shermpmc

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[/quote]
I agree.

Perfect example:
"The Kind-Hearted Hero! Leomon Dies!!" OMG WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN IN THIS EPISODE?! >.>

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One thing that happens.

But not all titles are that spoilerish.

Also remember that Japanese Culture is a bit different from yours, or mine.

takayusyaoran

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=GordoBaggins link=topic=4727.msg64041#msg64041 date=1188415996]
[/quote]
I agree.

Perfect example:
"The Kind-Hearted Hero! Leomon Dies!!" OMG WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN IN THIS EPISODE?! >.>
[/quote]

Agreed. Which is why I'm looking forward to the dub pun titles. "Kazu and Kenta's Excellent Adventure!"
That's actually one of my favourites.

One thing I found annoying about the original titles was that a good portion of the time they were spoiler filled by themselves.

"Masaru-Agumon Combination Destroyed!? HurricaneGarurumon!"

From that alone you get that Masaru and Agumon have a fight and that a HurricaneGarurumon attacks

or, "Masaru's New Power! Evolve, RizeGreymon!"

There's no shock factor for the appearence of RizeGreymon when you're told that's the episode he appears in.

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, it´s also not a shockfactor if you see him in the preview first....In case of Digimon Anime, it is actually quite common to announce the Digimon that will appear in this Epi.

PS: He was a normal Garurumon. Don´t give Bandai Ideas for yet another variant.

Some of the US Episode Titles had that also .

And like I said, the Japanese obviously enjoy such long titles.