Feeling so tired and weary

B

burtjudge

I've been sleeping on and off today as I went to sleep at 3:00 a.m., didn't fall asleep until 4, then woke up at 8. I felt ok but three hours later I just closed my eyes and slept again. Woke up later and used my computer to check updates and then I fell asleep again. I'm now awake but I feel woozy. I think it's because I'm bored as all I can do is type a message for the public hoping that something cool will happen. That about sums it up.

Danre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My sleep tale was better, sorry.

Also, go jogging when it's light. You'll find it helps.

B

burtjudge

I didn't know this was a competition. Anyway, I think sleeping pills might help me get a "full" sleep.

Now my eyes are dry.

Orochi

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That big blue room with the really bright light
[quote author=burtjudge link=topic=10364.msg128162#msg128162 date=1221533050]
I didn't know this was a competition.
[/quote]

Don't worry, he was just messing with ya. He's a member of the Pandas (as noted by his signature), and you will find that these guys are awesome and can be damn funny. One of the cooler aspects of WtW, if you ask me. Take a look at this if you don't know what I mean: http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=5525.0

Anyways, I'd suggest not only to start doing some more exercising (jogging is good), but also, check your diet. I remember that I felt quite similarly when I went on a week-long trip and ate nothing but greasy restaurant food. Felt horribly crappy at the end of it. If you aren't eating a balanced diet, your body could be thrown really out of whack.

Also, why did you go to sleep at 3 am? I mean, many of us like to keep late hours (can't say I'm not included, lol), but if you want to get back into a normal sleep cycle, try going to bed earlier. It might help a little. *shrugs*

B

burtjudge

I understand.

Anyway, the truth is, I live in the midwest and the time on these forums appear to be west coast format so what happened was that a thread had kept me up til' 3. Also, sometimes I stay up late. That's just me. I can understand how health contributes to a sleepless night.

I don't know why but I feel tired again. All I need most right now is a 7-9 hour sleep and I'll be myself again.

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind from now on.

Orochi

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=burtjudge link=topic=10364.msg128179#msg128179 date=1221542264]
Anyway, the truth is, I live in the midwest and the time on these forums appear to be west coast format so what happened was that a thread had kept me up til' 3.
[/quote]

Actually, the default forum time is currently one hour behind Pacific Standard Time (forum default is GMT -8). I don't know exactly why, but I would assume it's because Daylight Savings Time isn't turned on forum-wide (i.e. only available on a per-user basis). Probably because some countries don't practice Daylight Savings Time. Still, I'm not sure about that, and considering I don't know the SMF software very well, Lost can jump in here and enlighten us all.

(You can modify your time zone settings in your profile to make the post times match up, by the way. ;))

But anyways, enough off-topicness. To add on to what I previously said, I would also suggest to drink plenty of water throughout the day. Dehydration can also make you very tired. Fill a water bottle in the morning and sip from it throughout the day. I can't say I've faithfully followed this, but trust me: it really works.

B

burtjudge

Ahhh... I guess more advice wouldn't hurt. What do you think of sleeping pills?

Orochi

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh, I can't say really. Feeling tired and having trouble getting to sleep are two separate things, and sleeping pills would just take care of one of them. Personally, I wouldn't trust them at this point, because I think they'd be more of a quick fix, so to speak, but I'd consult a doctor first if you want to try sleeping pills. Still, natural methods are usually better, in my opinion.

B

burtjudge

Here's a natural option, guaranteed to work on most people at least: watch a brady bunch maranthon.

Orochi

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=burtjudge link=topic=10364.msg128184#msg128184 date=1221544326]
Here's a natural option, guaranteed to work on most people at least: watch a brady bunch maranthon.
[/quote]

That or read all of the license agreements you have (a good place to start would be in the boxes of any software you own). I'm telling you, that legalese will bore everyone but the most hardened law nerds. lol

Although I'm wondering, is the primary problem getting to sleep, feeling weary during the day, or both? Because it seems like the first one based on what you've been saying recently.

B

burtjudge

I had a problem with this a few years ago when, on a ordinary night, I was tired but only got about three hours sleep and couldn't fall back asleep. To me it seems the problem was that I had fallen asleep and woke up too soon. Luckily, this is not a common problem with me. Also, it's a small case of isomnia. I just happen to feel this way today.

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@burtjudge:
First of all, regardless of the situation, there's really no reason why you should force yourself to stay awake on account of a thread, for better or for worse, it'll be there in the morning. (Usually.)

Second, sleeping pills are really only useful under a certain set of conditions, the most important being that you're actually having trouble sleeping, and not just fucking your own pattern up. A bout with insomnia physically keeping you from falling asleep, or making sleep restless resulting in frequent periods of waking up during the night. Otherwise its excessive and a poor choice to opt for even the over the counter melitonin supplements.

Of course, if insomnia is in fact the case, even the strongest sleeping pills are either going to be useless or hassles if they aren't used properly, such that you actually reestablish your schedule, using one when you feel tired to ease yourself to sleep, rather than using them to force you to sleep, which can result in no sleep at all during the night, and cause undesired exhaustion throughout the day.

I am no expert on the subject, but as someone with frequent insomnia (actual insomnia, that is) I've had to look to sleeping pills more than once to help in this area, and have since found a healthy balance for managing success out of their usage.

"watch a brady bunch maranthon."
Man, fuck you, Brady Bunch is a good show. The movies not so much, but the series was aces with its mostly positive moral values, and deceptive acts of violence, like Marsha getting popped in the face.

@Orochi:
"Still, I'm not sure about that, and considering I don't know the SMF software very well, Lost can jump in here and enlighten us all."
Hell if I know... closest I can tell you is that SMF's default clock runs on some form of server time. From there, as you said, users are responsible for the accuracy of it to their particular timezones. Since I've set mine to reflect my timezone (Central), though, I've never really noticed the issue. lol.

Orochi

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=burtjudge link=topic=10364.msg128192#msg128192 date=1221549650]
Yeah? Well screw you you little fuckwad loser.
[/quote]

Holy shit dude, do you know what you just got yourself into by saying that to an admin, let alone Lost in Thought himself?

Why don't you search the boards a bit to find out what happened to the other numskulls who dared to disrespect Lost like that. Trust me, it ain't pretty.

Oh wait, never mind, here's a sample. See what happened to Ivlander when he acted like a dumbass: http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=10285.0

Didn't I say being a punk would get you in trouble? Oh well, your loss... *shrugs*

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Heh can't say i didn't warn him in his intro topic - enjoy your chew out kid.

*grabs some popcorn and a bottle of cola getting ready to sit back and enjoy the show*

BlackWarGreymonX

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=burtjudge link=topic=10364.msg128192#msg128192 date=1221549650]
Yeah? Well screw you you little fuckwad loser.
[/quote]

Wow... I'm fairly stunned. Saying that to Lost is one thing but Lost was being really nice (for him lol) heads will roll.

Personally regarding sleeping pills I would avoid them unless you have severe insomnia as they are extremely addictive. (I suffer from insomnia myself which is often why my posts here are made at obscene times (considering I'm in GMT).

lost in thought

Agent Provocateur
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A bit late, I wasn't feeling up to arguing with an idiot yesterday, but today I feel more inclined to seeing where it'll go now.

"Yeah? Well screw you you little fuckwad loser."
Jiggle your head a bit, don't mind the sloshing sounds though, 'cause you've gotta' realign the contents of that half empty brain pan and note that I was mostly joking about the Brady thing, except that I like the show. If you're so hypersensitive about little things like the way I worded that, I'd advise you to step back since it'll get worse from there if you want to argue with me.

Of course, if you aren't accepting of this conventional wisdom, we can totally do the argument. That's up to you, but the whole thing will just be an act in futility for you until you learn some of the important lessons I have to impart.

Feel free to get the party started, and I'll be back in a bit to catch up.

BlackWarGreymonX

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, Lost, some people are very sensitive about the Brady bunch...

I hope he comes back...

Orochi

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Our little punk burtjudge hasn't been online since he posted that rather hilarious "comeback."

Damn it, come on, I'm waiting for the fireworks to start! XD

This burtjudge guy has been rather amusing overall. He starts off acting like a total prick, asks for forgiveness, and we give it to him more or less (hey, I was nice to the guy, and so was Lost...in his own way), and then...BAM!

Gives me the lulz.