Feeling completely odd & curious right now.....

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nothing majorly important that's going on in my life right now, but it's something that I just can't shake from my system & it bothers me when I can't figure things out.

Last night I was lying in bed trying to get to sleep but couldn't (which is normal), so I just let my mind wonder. I let my imagination take me to wherever it sent me. More often than not, I have very romantic visions/dreams/daydreams. Not sure why, maybe it has something to do w/ me wanting to have a really good relationship w/ a girl someday despite having 0 experience w/ women, but that's another topic. More on point, romantic ideas aren't foreign to me at all, so you'd think I'd be okay w/ them. Yet last night I wasn't.

I see in my mind a young girl about my age. Specifics always escape me when it comes to recalling dreams. All I can say is that she was attractive, kind, & gentle (to my liking anyway). She's upset for some reason, & I'm obviously there to comfort her. From the words we share it seems as though the two of us have been close for quite a while, despite me not having anyone like her at any point in my life. I hug her from behind, my chin leaning on her shoulder as her arm reaches up & softly touches my face. We end up looking at each other, smiling. I then see me & her (as if I'm outside looking in) staying that way for some time. That's when things get weird.

This sudden surge of pain goes through my stomach, & the dream/whatever ends. I open my eyes, still lying in bed, only this time w/ crazy-strong nausea. I try to ignore it & go back to my vision, yet every time I picture me & that girl together my stomach acts up again. Even now as I'm typing this thread, though to a much less irritating degree. That night I had to sit up & walk around, listen to my iPod, anything to try & get my mind off of what just happened. I go to the bathroom to try & relieve myself but nothing comes of it. I don't go back to sleep until hours later after I had watched TV until 3:00-4:00 a.m..

Why did this occur? I have moments like that little comforting scene go through my mind all the time & never have I had any sort of bad reaction to them. Especially one this physical & strong. I'm not even someone who has issues talking w/ girls, I just can't have a relationship now (again, another topic). I also plan on writing some stories (one even being Digimon-centered), so my imagination is crazy & nothing I have thought of before or after that moment has ever affected me on any level. I'm completely baffled & hope I can get some sort of answer eventually, from here or from somewhere else. It doesn't matter as long as I can get this to make sense. Thanks in advanced for reading.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cool story bro.

No, but seriously, it sounds like a coincidence. You're reading too much into this. Have you thought about the girl today, with the same consequences?

I actually find your dream (imagination?) more interesting. I mean, was it a dream dream, or were you randomly imagining this scenario?

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cool story bro.

No, but seriously, it sounds like a coincidence. You're reading too much into this. Have you thought about the girl today, with the same consequences?

I actually find your dream (imagination?) more interesting. I mean, was it a dream dream, or were you randomly imagining this scenario?
I did think about her as I was typing this thread. I actually had to stop one or two times to calm myself down as I felt something bubbling in my gut. Even so, it wasn't nearly as bad as that night. And yeah, it was a legit dream. I didn't have any control over what was going on so I know I didn't just make up this scenario.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well. I'm sure Freud would've had a party interpreting your dream. Maybe you're actually gay? Or maybe it has something to do with you not being able to be in a relationship (for whatever reasons).

Or, you're reading too much into this. Your mind is a pretty powerful thing, so if you believe your stomach will be upset, that just might be what sets it off.

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well. I'm sure Freud would've had a party interpreting your dream. Maybe you're actually gay? Or maybe it has something to do with you not being able to be in a relationship (for whatever reasons).

Or, you're reading too much into this. Your mind is a pretty powerful thing, so if you believe your stomach will be upset, that just might be what sets it off.
I'm sure I'm not gay. Nothing against it, just never found myself wanting a guy.

Freud would probably have a field day w/ my dream XD. I get that I could be taking this more seriously than I might need to. Happened before. I just get very curious about things I can't have an answer for.

I believe that's called psychosomatic. Thinking something about yourself so strongly that it affects your body. Could also be it. I'm a believer of the placebo effect, so why not?

Though I'm more inclined to agree w/ you saying it has something to do w/ me being on my own. I just can't see what differences this dream has from others I've had that resulted in a weird stomach reaction.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm just repeating you, I just wanna cover every point you did.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bicurious then. :3

Ah, yes, field day was the phrase I wanted to use. I was having trouble posting that.

Psychosomatic sounds right. I should have more confidence in this since I'm taking a psych course but I have godawful memory. Wiki confirms it though.

Btw, the placebo effect isn't something you believe in (well, it is, lol, but anyway), it very much exists, which is why most of the best studies are done blind. Note that the placebo effect doesn't always take place, but it has been known to happen.

But, yeah, very interesting. Good luck coping with it and stuff. Hopefully it won't happen for a girlfriend in the future.

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bicurious then. :3

Ah, yes, field day was the phrase I wanted to use. I was having trouble posting that.

Psychosomatic sounds right. I should have more confidence in this since I'm taking a psych course but I have godawful memory. Wiki confirms it though.

Btw, the placebo effect isn't something you believe in (well, it is, lol, but anyway), it very much exists, which is why most of the best studies are done blind. Note that the placebo effect doesn't always take place, but it has been known to happen.

But, yeah, very interesting. Good luck coping with it and stuff. Hopefully it won't happen for a girlfriend in the future.
Thanks for that. Kewl to have another opinion on this as it really struck me as odd. Hope you do good in your psych course too.