Favourite and Hated Pairings

SSJ Jup81

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rika24 said:
i once was a huge takari fan, until i read a certain takari fanfic where matt had feelings for kari & tk was an idiot who had gotten another girl pregnant, sleeps with kari, leaves, comes back & is mad at matt for getting too close to kari. it was a real good fanfic

it's called "The Love for Takeru" & is on ff.net, i'd post the link but the rating is "M".
Not my type of story, I'm afraid. I'm not into the whole "homewrecker" type of stories, regardless of the pair. I pretty much like Takeru x Hikari fics in a way where they want out or the relationship, but can't get out and stay together and are miserable or either they get together, and don't stay together long and realize that they weren't as "destined" as others seemed to make them or either a friendship fic between the two, the last being the most preferrred.

I've only come across one fic with the two that I've liked in particular. I read it years ago, but don't remember the name. Takeru and Hikari are friends, and remain friends throughout the whole story. Hikari ends up being assaulted when walking home late from school, and she keeps it secret. Takeru notices her mood and change, and acts like a friend towards her, tries to get her to open up, etc. Hikari was so distraught, she didn't even want to share such a thing with Taichi. Now those types of stories I like.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
SSJ Jup81 said:
Rika24 said:
i once was a huge takari fan, until i read a certain takari fanfic where matt had feelings for kari & tk was an idiot who had gotten another girl pregnant, sleeps with kari, leaves, comes back & is mad at matt for getting too close to kari. it was a real good fanfic

it's called "The Love for Takeru" & is on ff.net, i'd post the link but the rating is "M".
Not my type of story, I'm afraid.  I'm not into the whole "homewrecker" type of stories, regardless of the pair.  I pretty much like Takeru x Hikari fics in a way where they want out or the relationship, but can't get out and stay together and are miserable or either they get together, and don't stay together long and realize that they weren't as "destined" as others seemed to make them or either a friendship fic between the two, the last being the most preferrred.

I've only come across one fic with the two that I've liked in particular.  I read it years ago, but don't remember the name.  Takeru and Hikari are friends, and remain friends throughout the whole story.  Hikari ends up being assaulted when walking home late from school, and she keeps it secret.  Takeru notices her mood and change, and acts like a friend towards her, tries to get her to open up, etc.  Hikari was so distraught, she didn't even want to share such a thing with Taichi.  Now those types of stories I like.
sounds like u'd like the one set in adventure then where they find out that kari has leukemia (it's a tk & kari fic just showing their bond of friendship)

Lord Puppetmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Right then. Pairings I like...

Mummymon/Arukenimon - OH YOU KNEW I'D SAY THAT DIDN'T YOU. You know it. I am among the world's most RABID Mukeni fans. Rabid as in I love it with all my heart. Seriously, they are just so CUTE together. So freakin' adorable to the MAX. And it's canon! I mean, Mumm keeps SAYING that he wants to be with her and Aru is SO MUCH IN DENIAL (at the very least, she cares. No seriously, Stone Soup). And since I know that people in the production were really all for it... it's canon. And you can't convince me otherwise.

Jyou/Mimi/Koushirou - A nice refreshment from all the Taichi/Sora/Yamato I keep seeing. Can't decide between Jyoumi and Koumi? Let's just have both!! It's not canon, but it keeps me amused.

Shuu/Jun - You know, Jyou's second eldest brother? The one she fangirled after the Christmas concert? Yeah, I like that.

Wizarmon/Tailmon - What? It's cute.

One-sided Oikawa/Hiroki - He was so in love with the guy it's not even funny. Kind of ridiculously tragic, actually. But that's Yuki for ya, he's all about tragedy.

Gennai/Oikawa - ...don't look at me like that. MY FRIEND MADE ME DO IT.

Hirokazu/Ruki - I suppose I'm the only one that can see it. They'd squabble all the time but it'll keep their life interesting.

Impmon/Renamon - I just loved their relationship, s'all.

Junpei/Izumi - Their relationship was great too once Izumi stopped being a jerk to him. He really deserved to get his feelings returned.

Canon couples - I'm one of the weird people that totally don't mind the 02 epilogue. So I'm all for Yamato/Sora and Ken/Miyako. Not that I'm going to write anything about them or read about them, but I'm very cool with them. And Yamaki/Reika does make me happy.

Now, couples I DON'T like...

Taichi/Sora/Yamato and Takuya/Izumi/Kouji triangles - I just get sick and tired of them. Because that's all the fandom writes. It gets old.

Takeru/Hikari - The fans just scared me and now every mention of the pairing makes me want to hurl. Another pairing totally ruined by fans.

Yamato/Mimi - Yeah, when was the last time they talked to each other?

Incest - Simple as that. Don't like incest. The popularity of KouKou baffles me. And no, Mukeni isn't incest. Quit it.

Mitchfoxbane

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now to revive this topic, here are my favourite and hated couples to update my list...

01/02
Yamato x Joe - I got too interested with this underrated pairing; besides Koushiro, Joe could be paired up with a seme or in another case uke hottie Yamato.
Taichi x Daisuke - as long as it isn't NC-17, it's a cute mentor pairing
Joe x Iori - same as Taichi x Daisuke pairing
Koushiro x Mimi
Taichi x Yamato - looks quite fine to me...
Joe x me - ....what? XP

Tamers
Yamaki x Reika - quite obvious
Takato x Kai - quite a fun pairing

Savers
Yoshino x Ivan - quite an interesting funny pairing, it's the opposites attract
Ivan x Nanami - they look cute together!
Miki x Megumi - they are like sisters!
Satsuma x Kurata - ummm...don't look at me! I have a taste for this twisted pairing!
Ikuto x Chika - quite an interesting pairing when they are older!
Nanami x Tohma

Crossover Pairing
Ruki x Kouichi - I found one crossover fanfic some time ago and I think I found this pairing interesting

Hated Pairing
Masaru x Kouki - please no clones for this and bad enough, they are rivals!
Yoshino x Neon - Ugh!
Tohma x Yoshino - I get bored of this pairing
Yamaki x Takato x Jenrya - I saw this doujinshi before and I think I found it too creepy!
Daisuke x Hikari - blah...
Yamato x Jun - ...RUN AWAY!
Any human x Digimon - ewwww!!!

Bacab

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you care to find me, look to the western sky! A
Just my two cents, but what exactly happened during the bath scene in the first season? What was the true reason as to why Jyou was afraid to take his towel off and get into the bath with the other boys?
We can only imagine. . . .

Aaaaanway, favourite pairings? I might as well.

Adventure/02
Angemon + Devimon -> I just think it would be cute. <3
Taichi + Yamato -> For some reason it works. I don't know why. Oh wait, I do know why. It's because they HELD HANDS! Plus, they spent a night in a hotel room together. Misconstrue that.
Yamato + Sora -> Yamato's bi. And Mimi's not right for him. No.
Daisuke + Forgot her name (Jun?) -> yeah
Takeru + Ken -> Because no one else thought of it.
Michael + Takeru -> They snuck behind Digitamamon's restaurant and snogged. You can't tell me they didn't. Blonde on blonde is hot.

Tamers
Beelzebumon + Leomon -> Because you can technically say that Leomon was inside of Beelzebumon. <3
Andromon + CyberDramon -> Tee hee, they cybered.
Jenrya + Ryou -> They both have "ry" in their name! ^o^ Jenryou! <3
Juri + D-Raper -> That's a typo. I meant to say D-Reaper.

Frontier
LordKnightmon + Dynasmon -> The typical male-male couple, one is uber-feminine, the other is uber-masculine. <3
KouKou! -> According to one of my friends, "Incest is best, if you can't keep it in the pants, keep it in the family."

Hated Pairings
Alot of them. Every one of the canon pairings and others. Yuri pairings (to an extent). And other stuff, too much to list here.

Takagi Setsuna

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess I might as well add my round in too:

Favourite Pairings

Adventure/02

Taichi x Sora
Takeru x Hikari
Ken x Miyako
Jyou x Mimi

Tamers

Takato x Juri
Ruki x Ryo

Hated Pairings

None that I could think of other than the yaoi/yuri type...

Rax-Blackcat

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
01/02
Takari (Takeru x Hikari) - Like they could end in another way, unless one dies...
Taichi and Sora (Adventure: Hey, why not?)
Daiken/Kensuke (Daisuke x Ken) It wass hinted enought in the show---
Gatomon&Wizardmon
Mimi and Yolei

TAMERS
Ryuki (Ruki x Ryo) - To make Rika angry...
Renamon&Impmon, because they could be together..

FRONTIER
Izumi&Ranamon(It could have been^^)

SAVERS
Mercurimon&Banchou Leomon, because is funny^^

V-TAMER
Zeromaru&Taichi

PAIRINGS I REALLY HATE

Sora and Yamato

Guilmon&Impmon

Jacq

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Excuse my old-school naming conventions, but I like knowing who's on top. ^^;;

Faves:
Yamachi - That's what started this sad, sad downward spiral.
Takari - Because it's completely undeniable. Sometimes I think people get really anti-canon for the sole reason of being anti-canon... But it jsut works sometimes, y'know?
Kaizersuke - Because it's hawt... and scary.
* Kenkaizer - ANGST ANGST ANGST!
Jyouori - Yes, you read that correctly. That's Jyou/Iori. Shut up.
Kenkazoo - Because it's hawt... and ridiculous.

Savers keeps trying to make me all Masaru/Touma-ey... I don't think I'm quite there yet, though. Annnd, I don't hate any pairing, except the incest + critter/people ones kind of make my belly hurt. =/

Random Jacq
(Frontier means nothing to me XP)

Psycho

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll have to say:

Rika X Renamon ((their extreme closeness is the proof btw this is my no.1 fav pairing))

as for other pairings I also like:

Davis X Kairi

Veemon X Gatomon

the comp

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
meh, why not. i could go for alot of couples, but i'll just post the ones that i really like and hate here.

like:
adventure-
mimicheal: mimi and michael. mimi's kid looks like micheal, and it'd be hard for here to have a relationship with anyone in japan when she's in new york.

takari: tk and kari. the only one that's really stayed with me through out the first time imagined it. it just......makes sence.

kenyako: ken and yolei. the epilogue actually made alot of sence to me, even though before it i liked yolei and izzy.

tamers:
jurato: takato and jeri. really kinda puppy love here, but the whole takato holding the rescued jeri in that one episode near the end was just cute.

ryuki: rika and ryo. maybe it's a little on sided, but hey, it works for me. they both have a softer side deep down that really could only come out around eachother.

suzako: suzie and mako. the only real thing i like about this is the age stuff. oher then that, makes no sence to me.

fronteir:
takumi: takuya and zoe. i didn't really like fronteir period, but ythis couple was cute, especiallly the part where takuya dreams there dating. cute.

savers:
yosaru: masaru and yoshino. 4 years differnce, big deal. my parents are 13 years apart. not much evidence to support it, but..... i was going to make a joke with masaru's 'that's what a man is!" speeches, but i feel it may be too much.

chikuto: ikuto and chika. cute couple, puppy love, i guess, and chika would be the dominant one, but everyone had to be atleast a little suspisious when chika flung ikuto into the tub already naked in the saber leomon episode.

hate:
basically, any yaoi and yuri couple. i mean, i can tolerate it when girls like it, but guys.....ew. nothing wrong with homosexuality, not at all, but i just don't like those couples. that and any incest or human/digimon pairing i don't like. or adult and child. ick.

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What the heck is wrong with Guys liking yuri ? You definately tolerate that and become fond of it if you are in my situation. *turns around and nods at Roomies*

As for Human/Digimon: So what is wrong with that ? We are talking about Love ! Love and not Sex. Digimon are Sentient and Sapient beings.

Jacq

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=MugenSeiRyuu link=topic=393.msg24890#msg24890 date=1166395092]As for Human/Digimon: So what is wrong with that ? We are talking about Love ! Love and not Sex. Digimon are Sentient and Sapient beings.[/quote]
Uhm... I was talking about sex. ^^;;

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Human/Digimon pairings, per say. It's just not something I ever imagine. There's also an issue with me regarding the fact that they're in an unequal relationship from the start, when you're talking about partners. Digimon will, essentially, do what their children tell them to, which isn't healthy in a relationship.

Random Jacq
(is trodding on as many toes as she can this week)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, I don't like yaoi but I don't hate it since a friend of mine is. But guys are one of the only ones who like yuri. That's most of it right there. I don't know of a straight woman who likes it. (I know I'm wrong though) Besides, at least guy aren't annoying and so out there like all the yaoi fangirls. That's annoying. And the human/digimon thing? Don't mind it but it's weird/annoying if so many people like one character. But that's besides the point. And I don't think that would happen except in battle. They aren't pokemon.

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay, the following sexual orientation like the following pairings: ( In Genreal, with expections )

Yuri: Heterosexual Men and Homosexual women. ( My roomies back that up )
Yaoi: Homosexual Men and Hetersexual women.

Thinking of that: Wouldn´t it be usefull for the Yaoi-Fangirls if the Girls of Digimon had Yuri or CrossBreeding pairings, since that leaves the "Evil Bitches" ( how they often call them ) out of the way.
[quote author=Jacq link=topic=393.msg24894#msg24894 date=1166395726]
Digimon will, essentially, do what their children tell them to, which isn't healthy in a relationship.
[/quote]

Have you ever payed attention to the partnerships ? It´s not that one sided.

Jacq

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=MugenSeiRyuu link=topic=393.msg24903#msg24903 date=1166398388]Have you ever payed attention to the partnerships ? It´s not that one sided.[/quote]
Give me three solid examples of this and I'll cede the argument.
As well as I can remember, Wormmon's the only one that ever flat-out refused to do something Ken commanded him to do, and that was after months and months of meek submission.

Random Jacq
(is a hetero yuri-lover...)

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are you talking about Battle Situations or normal ones ? Battle Situations require strategy !
Tokomon refused to do what Takeru wants during the PicoDevimon incident.
Patamon quit Takeru.
Mimi ordered Lilymon to kill DarkTyranomon, but she didn´t.
Guilmon didn´t really listen to Takato. Following him into the school and stuff.
Renamon quit Ruki.
Agumon quit Masaru.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
True. They only do in battle. Plus it's called loyalty. That's normal.

Jacq

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What do you mean by "quitting"? Getting in a huff/fight? That's not really the same thing. I mean an example as follows:
Kid: Do this.
Digimon: No.
I don't remember the exact Lilymon/Darktyrannomon bit. Could you refresh my memory? Or give me an episode number so I can watch it.

What I'm saying is, as far as I can see, there's not enough give-and-take about digimon and their partners to warrant a real relationship. The digimon will try to obey their kids' wishes even to the point of hurting themselves (Skullgreymon and... Megadramon?).

Random Jacq
(surprised you didn't mention the Gumimon/Lee fighting thing)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's normal and both were accidents. Plus they were in battle.

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, besides that, In Guilmon´s case, he also wanted to kill Beelzebumon.

And the Lilymon/DrakTyranomon thing was in her debut Episode.