Favourite and Hated Pairings

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Stuff like Juri/Ryou always strikes me as stuff from people who always ship the main cast off together and these were just leftovers one way or another.
Yes. 100%. Pair the Spares. I mean, you have 3 guys and 2 girls. Plus with Kazu/Kenta being a pair(come on, like you never thought of it), you have a spare person.
Depends on if you include Alice (Or if you include her if you include Ryou) or not. Then it evens out.

not saying it has to be always 'pair the spares', I'm sure there are some good arguments for it, just saying it feels that way sometimes.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kind of don't want to include Ryo at all. But that would work. At least we have these three season done. ...Except for Davis. But oh well.

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always thought Alice was dead too, if not somewhat implied IIRC so that might need a creative workaround if that's the case.
If we assume Alice is dead (which Konaka has certainly allowed for even if he hasn't confirmed), then the Tamers-verse benefits from directly opening up the afterlife as a possible dimension of future stories to be told, especially since Tamers made such a big deal of flipping the permadeath switch on. (As a tangent, Tamers was also the generation that Anubimon debuted in via the D-Arc v-pets, so that's another useful element). This opens up potential stories about not just Alice, but Juri and even Mayumi, whose partners have all died.

If we assume she isn't, that still leaves open possible stories about how she got involved with Dobermon and the Sovereigns and how she was separated from the McCoy family. Personally, I gravitate to this assumption more, because the ideas that suggest themselves to me (i.e. the Digimon somehow getting ahold of or maybe even kidnapping the descendant of the chief of their creator-deities* and using her for their own ends) strikes me as a kind of inter-dimensional witchcraft. If nothing else, a story where Takato Matsuda gets to meet Keith McCoy would be very welcome.

To get this back on topic, I can see two real options for shipping (or, at least, a relationship with dramatic potential) for Alice; the main options are Jian, another child of the Monster Makers who got caught up in digimon affairs, and Ryo, extrapolating from their long psychological isolation from other human beings in the digital world with only their partner digimon for company.

* Rob McCoy led the Monster Maker project and we know from Digimon Tamers 1984 that Keith McCoy produced the original designs for the monsters, so the McCoys are by rights a very important family to the digital world.

Naal

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Having finished watching Appmon, my personal favourite is now Yujin x Haru. Haru loves Yujin (he literally confessed his love) and Yujin cares a lot about Haru that he would die for him. Also notice Haru blushed less and less near Ai (okay, maybe this one is just my imagination).

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think most everyone was into Haryujin. Even I made constant jokes about it. ...Maybe Ai should have got an Appmon.

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Love/Like
Sora and Matt because love and friendship goes together. As for none canon shipping I like Izzy and Mimi although given Digimon tri it is seemi canon even tho we never see them officially get together and Sora and Ken if only because both have had a history of parental issues and both have the crest of love. Also is it just me but does Ken come of as a somewhat of a more sensitive male? Think he would contrast well with a less traditionally feminin woman.

HATE
Kinda hate that Davis is so often shipped with another male...just why is there any indication that he is bisexual in the show? Given how horny he is I thought it would be quite obvious if he was.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Having finished watching Appmon, my personal favourite is now Yujin x Haru. Haru loves Yujin (he literally confessed his love) and Yujin cares a lot about Haru that he would die for him. Also notice Haru blushed less and less near Ai (okay, maybe this one is just my imagination).
Absolutely not your imagination. The first episode introduces them as Yujin being his friend and Ai being the girl he likes, then halfway through the show they change roles for some reason.

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess I should have added Tai and Meiko to a pairing that I am really supportive of as well.

Also as far as homosexual pairings go Kiwimon having a mr. Smithers like crush on his dark master puppetmon makes more sense then all those Yaoi shipping people do with Davis.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Absolutely not your imagination. The first episode introduces them as Yujin being his friend and Ai being the girl he likes, then halfway through the show they change roles for some reason.
Maybe he likes Ai during the times when Yuujin is not around ;).

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haru, you cheeky brat.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haru, you cheeky brat.
In Poland we have a saying: "For life to have a taste, once a boy (and) once a girl" ("żeby życie miało smaczek, raz dziewczynka, raz chłopaczek") ;).

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it's possible that Haru's just Bi. And maybe more if you seen all of Appmon. ...Didn't expect that twist.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, there aren't even that many characters in all of Digimon who could be suspected of being bi before him right? Other than maybe Miyako (though she was only ever hinted to have more than simple admiration for Mimi)...

So low-key a cool way to slip that in there.

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, there aren't even that many characters in all of Digimon who could be suspected of being bi before him right? Other than maybe Miyako (though she was only ever hinted to have more than simple admiration for Mimi)...

So low-key a cool way to slip that in there.
Yeah, the only one that comes to mind is Haru.

Cyber Sleuth does have Fei tho but she's not bi-sexual and that's not the anime.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah. Miyako was just really, really impressed at mimi. But that was as Utena as a rose in a car. ...Anyway, it's almost possible that the year it came out led them to try something.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah, I don't think Haru is bi, rather he himself still doesn't know who he is. He might like (or what he thinks) Ai, but he's blushing only to Yuujin + he sacrificed his entire life to bring back Yuujin. You would do that only to the one you love ;).

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe. And no one ships him or really anyone with The Center of the Universe! Eri Karan! ...*ahem* It's not a very ship friendly series. It just has the one. We also could have had Ai have an Appmon since maybe she could have had a girl appmon partner.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
+ he sacrificed his entire life to bring back Yuujin. You would do that only to the one you love ;).
so not to parents? or a sibling? or a best friend? seems kinda harsh

and that's not the anime.
...so what?

why are people obsessed with saying only the anime matters?

the post you replied to said "all of Digimon" as well, youre the one who for some reason said "only the anime counts".

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and that's not the anime.
...so what?

why are people obsessed with saying only the anime matters?

the post you replied to said "all of Digimon" as well, youre the one who for some reason said "only the anime counts".

I never said "only anime matters". I said "That's not the anime" since most recent comments are based on anime characters/pairings and I don't assume that everyone played Cyber Sleuth to know straight away who Fei is. On that note, pretty much the majority of the thread is based around the anime, so excuse me for thinking mostly inside the anime box here and disclaiming when someone isn't from the anime.

Reading comprehension is hard.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have the game but I haven't really started it yet. ...It may take a while to get to them.