Favourite and Hated Pairings

boredmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it reads as sarcasm. What he probably means is it's a shitty ship that's way too overrated. (amirite nemomon?)

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Breathes in* Booooooy.

Like:
Tai and Mimi: There is just... something about this ship that totally clicks for me. Their interactions, their bickering (Can we even call it that) during the first series.
Takato and Juri: While from Takato's side it's pretty cute (He's such a dork around her.), I'm not sure how it would work out with Juri short-term, seeing everything she's been through. But Takato is such a sweet guy, it'll probably work out.
Takuya and Izumi: The library scene. Their 'fights' but yet they always look out for each other and worry about each other. The library scene (Yes, I mentioned it twice). Probably my biggest Digimon OTP back in the day.
Haru and Eri: Eri cares for him and I feel her personality fits well with his in some aspects. Then there's also the fact that they look like Yuya and Yuzu from YGO Arc-V and if you know the series and those characters, you know how hard the own show ships them.

Don't like:
Tai and Sora: Not necessarily don't like. In my youth, I absolutely adored this pairing, but now that I'm older, I can't see anything more than good friendship in there.
Takeru and Hikari: It's so cookie-cutter. The siblings of the two main guys. The two that already knew each other from previous adventures. The popular two (With the opposite genders). Both have fairies. Blegh. It makes me barf.
Ken and Miyako: Other than Miyako liking pretty boys and Ken being a pretty boy, this doesn't make any sense.
Ruki and Ryou: Don't like is an understatement. I hate it. First of all their age difference, then there's the fact there is no basis for Ruki to return any potential feelings from Ryou. It's juts being shipped because he's good at the cardgame too and some remarks he made. And apparently because people think the main girl needs to be shipped with someone. (Also, Ryou really shouldn't have been in Tamers. The Gary Stu sticks out like a sore thumb.)
Kouji and Izumi: They had interactions in the beginning, but at some point, they never interacted again for a big part of the series. Yeah, no.

Last edited:

Dodonick96

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
my favourite ships:

Yujin x Haru
Yamato x Sora
Takeru x Hikari
Takato x Jeri
Marcus/masaru x his fists
Eri x her dokkan punch

I don't like:
Taichi x Sora
Yamato x Takeru (are you serious?)
Taichi x Hikari (again, are you serious??)
Yamato x Taichi
Mimi x Yamato
Haru x Ai (at first, she seemed destined to become an important character/appli driver. In the end, not only she
didn't get any important screentimes/scenes, but Yujin ended up stealing both the love interest role and Haru away
from her XD )

And speaking of Appmon, and assuming that the whole appli drive and appmons issue never happened, do you think that Yujin and Haru would end up together eventually? I mean, Yujin
is/was programmed (don't know if he's dead or not because of the open ending)
to please and be with Haru and is ,most likely, in love with him
(technically speaking, Yujin grew a heart and a conscience by interacting with Haru and can Have romantic feelings for a person)
. So he has to always be on his side, maybe sabotaging all of his relationships (Not that Haru has a problem with that, as he has a massive crush on Yujin XD ).

Last edited:
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean in Digimon World Dusk I bred a Dianamon and a Betamon, and the game glitch and gave me an egg that hatched into Sunmon.

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pairing Mimi with Tai or Matt when she’s had more evidence with Izzy or Joe. It always comes down to Taiora fans (who don’t hate Matt) wanting Matt with someone on the team and Mimi is the most eligible or Sorato fans (or people who accept Sorato I guess) wanting Tai with someone on the team and again Mimi is most eligible. I don’t mind and even encourage crack pairings but Michi and Mimato shippers really like to pretend there is actual evidence in show.

Incest shipping is pretty gross. Tai x Kari is the most popular but I see TK x Matt an awful lot too.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They were the "attractive" characters too so you know. I never liked the Tai/Mimi idea even if I just accepted the other ship. But thanks to Tri with Izzy and of course, Meiko, everything lines up. Even if we never saw Joe or Iori's GFs. Now if only Davis had someone.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Apparently some people ship Daisuke with Nat-chan from the CD drama (presumably in her human form)...

Can't stand Digimon x Human shipping personally.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they'll throw him a bone in the next movie. It'd be nice to do that and show who Joe and Iori have. If only for a brief screenshot.

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Apparently some people ship Daisuke with Nat-chan from the CD drama (presumably in her human form)...

People ship Daisuke and Nacchan mostly because Daisuke has a very close and frankly passionate (as much as the CD Drama format allows for) relationship with her, but her being a Digital Entity does through EDIT: throw a very unhealthy wrench into things.

Last edited:

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

People ship Daisuke and Nacchan mostly because Daisuke has a very close and frankly passionate (as much as the CD Drama format allows for) relationship with her, but her being a Digital Entity does through a very unhealthy wrench into things.
Yeah this one's not quite as egregious as other Digimon-Human ships (if you ignore the fact that she's actually a large bestial Mon in her true form), though I can definitely see why people might interpret it as possibly having romantic undertones. I still can't quite decide if the creators intended for that kind of implication, but it does at least highlight Daisuke's compassionate side which was something we saw glimpses of in the show.

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah this one's not quite as egregious as other Digimon-Human ships (if you ignore the fact that she's actually a large bestial Mon in her true form), though I can definitely see why people might interpret it as possibly having romantic undertones. I still can't quite decide if the creators intended for that kind of implication, but it does at least highlight Daisuke's compassionate side which was something we saw glimpses of in the show.
There are some definite romantic undertones in the CD Drama: Daisuke is dealing with being turned down for a date by Hikari and the fact that Iori has a new girlfriend, Wallace keeps trying to flirt with Nacchan but she's clinging single-mindedly to Daisuke (except for a brief game of Operation Jealousy), and I even think Mimi's song on the CD is specifically a love song, but I'd have to go look that up to confirm it.