Favourite and Hated Pairings

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok so finished the season finally and my pairings for this season are:
Favorites-
Haru/Rei (OTP): I will probably always ship this because of the way it started. Rei stole the Seven Codes, the others chased after him and find out about Hajime. Haru saves Rei and they fight together for the first time. Rei then as a thank you gives back the 3 Seven Code chips. I just feel there is a mutual respect and understanding there. Rei separates from the three when they enter the Deep Web. Astra and Eri are annoyed but Haru understands. Likewise, when Yuujin's betrayal is confirmed, Astra and Eri are worried about Haru but Rei pretends not to care. I feel he gets that Haru needs space right now.

Astra/Eri: If it is not obvious yet I like development in relationships. These two went from constantly arguing to learning to respect one another which I really liked because they really learnt to care for one another. I also feel Astra has a crush on her.

Yuujin/Ai: This is more before Yuujin became an Appli Driver because he and Ai always seemed to be together and I just feel they would be cute. Plus, they are childhood friends too along with Haru I think? I know Ai is childhood friends with Haru.

Okay Ships-
Haru/Yuujin: I can definitely see why people ship these two given the finale. And I'll admit I'm okay with it and probably can read it. I do feel it might hint at being more sibling like though due to Haru's comment "Yuujin and I trust each other, just like you and Hajime-kun" which made me feel Haru considers Yuujin like his own family. Plus, Haru's reactions to losing Yuujin at some points were similar to Rei losing Hajime - at least in terms of the desperation. My second reason I don't ship these two as much as Haru/Rei is because I cannot see Rei with anyone but Haru and he's my favourite character.

Haru/Eri: I see this perhaps one-sided but I don't mind this pairing. Haru is always supporting her and she did try to punch/kick Yuujin out for betraying him so there's definitely a good friendship there and that always has possibility of becoming more.

Haru/Ai: Gaaah! Haru, I ship you with everyone Haru but he's so kind and he did have a crush on Ai which I'm not sure faded away. He wanted to save the festival so she could see the fireworks so it made me feel she was still precious to him.

Astra/Hinarin-chan (hospital girl): I thought it was so sweet how he wanted her to see the stars because she was always in the hospital. Yes, I'm cheesy.

Hated Couplings:

Rei/Hajime: They're siblings and incest is just weird even they are super close.

Astra/Haru: They don't work. They're friends but there is nothing there.

Watson/Ai: Watson annoyed me a lot. Ai deserves way better.

...Okay, I realised I ship Haru with about 4 different people. It's not my fault. He is surprisingly shippable.

Solomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I know another pairing that deserves better:
Reiko/Megumi from Tamers

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe but one of them was dating Yamaki... At least I think. And like I said, you can ship Haru with everyone.

boredmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
how to fix 02's ending
Daiken is canon

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can ship Haru with everyone! It's worse than Taiki somehow.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But shipping Taiki with everyone actually makes sense because Taiki liked everybody equally while Haru has his targets and to everybody else is just nice ;).

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haru, I feel is the nicest to Rei, Ai and Yuujin. Or well, he feels the closest to those three. Ai and Yuujin make sense, childhood friends after all. He's friendly with Astra and Eri but it's in a different way to those three. I feel like I made no sense there.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haru, I feel is the nicest to Rei, Ai and Yuujin. Or well, he feels the closest to those three. Ai and Yuujin make sense, childhood friends after all. He's friendly with Astra and Eri but it's in a different way to those three. I feel like I made no sense there.
After reading what you wrote here I had a sudden thought that with the exception of Astra all the protags come from incomplete families. Haru has only his mother, Yuujin and Eri too, Ai has only her father, and Rei has no one. Maybe that's why he's pretty nice to them, because of the mutual loneliness ;).

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, we don't see Ai's mother but we're not sure because the parents could be divorced. Unless I missed something. Well, Haru is a pretty nice character generally. Rei's story is the saddest for me though because he literally doesn't have anyone but Hackmon and he doesn't know if he'll get Hajime back. It just makes me sad that at least in the first half of the series (it took Astra and Eri awhile to warm up to Rei, Yuujin I think just trusted him cause Haru did) if Rei did end up losing a fight and like dying or something, there would be no one who really misses him. Well, I think Haru would but I meant in terms of family.

boredmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After reading what you wrote here I had a sudden thought that with the exception of Astra all the protags come from incomplete families. Haru has only his mother, Yuujin and Eri too, Ai has only her father, and Rei has no one. Maybe that's why he's pretty nice to them, because of the mutual loneliness ;).
we don't see haru or ai's father(for haru.) mother(for ai.) but we weren't told they were dead or divorced,there's no confirmation

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
we don't see haru or ai's father(for haru.) mother(for ai.) but we weren't told they were dead or divorced,there's no confirmation
There being no confirmation about it just means that all interpretations about their situations are equally valid, doesn't it?

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree with Theigno (your name is kinda hard to write). Both interpretations are equally valid because this was not confirmed either way.

valkyri

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
am I the only person who likes TaiShirou (Taichi x Koushiro | Tai x Izzy)

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you mean here, or in general? Seems like it’s a pairing that pops up a lot in fan art (on Pixiv, for example).

valkyri

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry for the late reply. I mean on this thread. Pretty much the only time I've heard about Izzy in this thread was Izzy x Mimi.

As for other pairings I like, I do like Ken x Davis a bit.

I don't really hate any pairs, though there are some I dislike.

Takeru x Hikari. I don't even really dislike this one, I just feel like TK and Kari are better friends than boyfriend and girlfriend.

Takato x Rika. Idk why, but I feel like Takato and Rika just don't really match well. I feel like a better match would be Ryo.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Takato x Rika. Idk why, but I feel like Takato and Rika just don't really match well.
Why? Takato likes to cry a lot, and Rika likes to beat him. For me they're an excellent pair.

valkyri

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That might sound like a good match-up for you, but I don't think their personalities compliment each other very well at all. This is my opinion though, no offense to people who like the pair

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd like some crossover pairs e.g. Tai & Masaru - those two seem to be best friends in the making during Xros Wars XD

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I ever mention the time I found a fic where Zoe was marrying Izzy? So... She'd be Izumi Izumi. Which is weirder then a Izzy/Kari fic I found but I mention it for the joke which they mentioned.