Favorite digidestined in the reboot?

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who is your favorite digidestined in the reboot and why?
For me it's Mimi, she is so lively and happy go lucky in this series.
Her personality is amazing, she cares about others and she is very funny.
I loved her interactions with palmon!

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
same here Mimi by far the most developedof all children so far even with the little amount of screen time she'd been given and Mimi's current CV does a great job too:)
other than her I'm really starting to like TK over the recent episodes because his never-say-die (hope) attitude and he is very independent unlike his original counterpart

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually it's pretty hard to choose one. In the original season I disliked Mimi very much, but in this season she's pretty fun to watch.

Considering that Joe turned into a whipping boy, Koushirou is still very monothematic, Takeru and Yamato brothers don't have any personality at all, and Tai is Tai, I pretty much can only choose between Sora and Mimi. Since somehow I'm not a big fan of Sora, I choose Mimi.

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So true takeru is amazing too!!
He is very courageous for his age.
I agree about Joe, he used to be better when ikakumon digivolved.
Taichi is fine too but I feel that he doesn't really have a fixed personality, he just wants to fight.
Yamato is the same as before.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is honestly more of a case of which kid in the reboot am I least bored by.

So I guess that would have to be Mimi. Despite only being a surface level imitation of the original, she does at least provide some entertainment value. The Gaurdromon episode being one of the very few memorable episodes of the series so far for me.

In the original that would have been Koushiro. But all he really does in this is just stare at a computer screen 95% of the time.

Sora is just there.

Joe feels like a weird parody of his original dub portrayal.

Takeru has only started to shake off his role as a glorified plot device.

Yamato is generally too kuudere.

Taichi I have grown entirely detached from. What with the writers constantly wanking him and Agumon off, whilst relying on last minute miracles to bail him out of situations.

Then there is Hikari, who just creeps me out...

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mimi. She's the most likable, the most well developed, and both of her evolution episodes were some of the better installments.

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mine is also Mimi. It's funny though, considering she's one of my least favourite in the original. But seeing the reboot as of now, with Taichi deteriorating to a mere fighting machine, Yamato just don't know what he do, Sora is there to feed on nostalgia, Koushiro is basically just a much needed connection to the real world, and Takeru and Hikari as a plot device, she's the most fun to watch. Jou was good too for a while, but for me Mimi is the one who constantly brings the majority of the entertainment to this show for the last few episodes, if not the entirety of it.

DragonicEmperor

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sadly, none of them are characters. As such, I go with the least evil that is Mimi. She feels the most like a person and she's quite fun and endearing to follow.

Takeru and Hikari are just plot devices, Joe feels like an abridged character, Koushiro... might as well be his laptop, Yamato only has 1 character trait, Sora is female Taichi but somehow not as relevant and Taichi is a stereotype shounen hero dialed up to 11.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't have a fave in Adventure: as the characters are not appealing to me.

Mimi is the 'fun one' this time around.
Taichi does remind me of V-Tamer Taichi so is high up there.
Sora seems to do more this time.
Koushiro, had hopes in the first few eps, but now it's just him and his laptop.
Joe is just Joe!
Takeru, currently leaving plot device but willing to pull his share
Hikari, not a lot happened here so far.
Yamato, seemed ok to start with, again seems to have 'dropped off' a bit.

digigirl02

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mine is also Mimi. It's funny though, considering she's one of my least favourite in the original. But seeing the reboot as of now, with Taichi deteriorating to a mere fighting machine, Yamato just don't know what he do, Sora is there to feed on nostalgia, Koushiro is basically just a much needed connection to the real world, and Takeru and Hikari as a plot device, she's the most fun to watch. Jou was good too for a while, but for me Mimi is the one who constantly brings the majority of the entertainment to this show for the last few episodes, if not the entirety of it.
I agree. Mimi is a national treasure who needs to be treated as such. As for the others I also enjoy Koushirou, Joe and Sora with the latter being my least favorite from the original eight.

I just wished that the B team was given more of the spotlight. They all have great potential in the new series.

As for Takeru and Hikari, I am still reserving judgement on them until later on in the series. Although, I have liked what I have seen from Takeru thus far.

Cyborg Space Dragon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First is Mimi and Takeru. In 01 she was always just "there" to me, except when she was being shallow, but now she's just fun. And this adventurous Takeru is great and he's not even that different from 01. He just seems to be missing the crybaby thing that, honestly, felt like it only existed when the story called for it.

Second is another tie. Sora and Hikari. Hikari’s taken, Sora immediately comes to the rescue, she tried to protect Takeru from Cerberumon, all the things that made me love her in 01. And Hikari seems to be the same as she was in 01. I love how she just willingly went along with SkullKnightmon just because she knew Taichi would be there to save her in the end. She's Taichi's sister all right.

I’d just like to point out now that this is a Shonen anime with three girls, and not one has anger issues.

Third is Jou. Like Mimi, I found him meh in 01. Now he’s such a loveable blowhard. No wonder the hot spring digimon don't want him to leave.

Then Taichi. He’s a lead and he’s good at being a lead and that’s my problem. While I’d take him over the typical shonen lead any day, he just feels more like a plot device than a character. Really hope Hikari's presence will change this.

Then Koushiro. Yeah, being mister exposition doesn’t exactly do him any favors. That bit early when he avoided talking about his family tells me there’s going to be more for him, but I doubt he’ll ever be that big with me.

Last is Yamato. They really haven’t done much him him but to be fair, he’s not exactly high on my 01 list either. Being Takeru's brother is pretty much the only reason I ever cared about him.