Favorite Console/Handheld!

jfred

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was looking through the threads and noticed that there was a fave video game thread but no fave console thread. So I decided to make this thread. I was thinking of posting it on the Nsider forums, but I know what they would all say. :) Anyway, here are my choices:

Console: That's tough. I would have to say the Nintendo Wii, even though it's not out.

Handheld: Another tough one. It's a tie between the DS and the Wonderswan. I like both Digimon and Pokemon equally.

Osakamon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Super Nintendo is the best system. You can't top that.
I'm turn between DS and GBA.

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the DS best handheld wise out of everything I've had so far. Consoles don't really interest me much at all at the moment, so I don't really have a favorite.

jfred

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Osakamon said:
Super Nintendo is the best system.  You can't top that.
I'm turn between DS and GBA.
Ah, but the Wii plays Super Nintendo games, so... that's the only way I'll be able to play those games.

And the DS plays GBA games... Nintendo sure likes backwards compatibility.

digiboy123

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I grew up with Nintendo. I did, honestly. Nintendo to the Super Nintendo, Gameboy/Color, N64.... But honestly, I I like the PS2 more. I love the games for it. The graphics, game play. The controller has enough functions on it to be satisfied with: not too much to mash, and not too little to keep you hitting just 2 buttons. The same could be said with the GameCube, but the PS2 is my fav.

As for handheld... I like the DS. It plays DS and other Gameboy games. Never really played the PSP, other than at GameStop, so I can't judge it. Though... one of my favorite game series is gonna have a game release onto the PSP in 2007. I might just buy it cause of that~

Tri Edge

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DS for my favorite handheld, because it can plays both DS and GBA
and some of my favorite games are also in DS (and GBA)

Tsum

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My favorite console would have to be the SNES. I mean, I got it back when I was 5 years old, and have been playing it ever since. Granted, I've only got about 5 or 6 games for the system because the carts costed quite a hefty price back when they were new, but its probably the only system which I'd still play all the games I've ever played on it over again. (That didn't make much sense though, did it?)

As for handhelds, I'd have to agree with the DS. I mean, I love the touch screen aspect of the system, so if I were to be unable to use one of my hands, I could just as easily use the screen itself to perform certain commands. Although that's not the case most of the time, most of my current games could be played that way. That being said, many of the games are quite interesting to me, and backwards compatability with GBA helps a bunch. Besides, the system basically comes with its own screen protector, and doesn't cost over $200 just to get, and wait a while on load screens. :p

Maikeru-chan

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don;t own either one but my favorite handhelds would be PSP and Nintendo DS.

My favorite old console would be N64. Just enjoyed so many games on that damn system. My favorite newer console would be PS2.

jfred

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, if we're talking current-gen consoles here, I'd have to say the GC. As I have already said, I like the Wii, but since I've never played it I can't really use it as my favorite console.

I was never too fond of the PS2. The games didn't really interest me (the Kingdom Hearts series was the exception) and the graphics aren't quite up to par with the GC and XBOX.

Master Link

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well since the Wii will be able to download and play NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, and TurboGrafx/PC-Engine games, plus is backwards compatible with all Gamecube games I'm going to go with the Wii even though it's not even out yet. Since I plan on spending hundreds off dollars to download all my old favorites and a ton of great games I was never able to buy years ago, it's already my favorite.

For handhelds I'd say the DS easily.

digiboy123

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So is there going to be old-game downloads on the Wii site or something? Like:

Banjo-Kazooe(sp?) - $20
Super Mario 64 - $15

Like that?

Master Link

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not too good at explaining things so here's the Wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Console_(Wii)

I hope that helps.