Fan made 3D Digimon game

Genosus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello :) Im part of a team who has been working on creating a fan made 3D Digimon game. We have been around for some time now and have made some progress but we have a small team, so we haven't been able to do as much as we would have liked.

We are looking for some new friendly faces to join our ranks at Project ARK. If you're a creative person and have some skill with anything game related and want to help out, feel free to send me a message. If you think you have what it takes dont hesitate to send me a message via AIM or Skype or even message me through the forums. Anyone is welcome to apply :)

AIM: snoochy_-_moochy@hotmail.com

We have a fully working game but we've chosen to hold off from releasing it to the public until its ready to be released. Ill post some images of our work below. We'll be releasing some youtube videos in the next 2 weeks as soon as we record them, so you guys can give your opinions on the mechanics that we've recreated and give us some feedback.

If there is enough interest i'll be posting a lot more, so if you like what you see, leave a comment ;)

Enjoy :D

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been following your forums for a while, and I have to say that you have been doing an incredible work. I know nothing about coding, programming or designing, so I can't be of help, but you have all my support :p

liamx2000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks awesome can't wait to see lillymon and angewomon.

Genosus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Heres a quick render of Lillymon, hope you enjoy :) and thanks for the positive feedback! If theirs anything you guys would like to see, ask away! We're working on a showcase video at the moment so you guys can see what we're ready to show.

For more updates check out our indieDB >> http://www.indiedb.com/games/digimon-world-project-ark

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The models look pretty cool!
Infortunately, I can't be of any help with coding, so I second what FranGP said.

Genosus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For anyone wondering, our game Digimon World Project ARK is a remake of the first Digimon World game. The purpose is to raise your partner on a life cycle, explore the world, recruit Digimon to your city and rid the world of evil.

There will be over 250 Digimon with about 150 playable. Over 100 Digimon 3D models have been completed and over 50 have been fully animated.

Our game consists of 4 islands and the human world. Currently the first island "Bios Island" is being developed. All the concept work and modeling for island 1 has been finished and we are just working on finishing off the textures.

We are currently seeking someone who can work on music and sfx to be added to our game. We're after background music, menu sfx, Digimon cries etc. We have a few people on our team but a few more would be nice. If anyone has any skills with coding or is an artist of some sort there could be a spot for you. We need someone to work on the UI, sprites, in-game menus, posters etc. As for the story it is pretty much done but changes can still be applied, if there is anyone that has experience with storytelling, you may be able to help us out.

Most of the team is current in school or college and sometimes its hard to find the time to work on projects. We are a pretty friendly laid back team but we are hoping to release the game by the end of the year. Anyone who is interested in the project is more than willing to hop online and talk to us about how everything is going but for the most part we are looking for people that can dedicate a bit of time to help us out. So if there is any serious Digimon lovers out there who want to see the most awesome remake of Digimon World 1 then this is for you :)

@Mackinz So far we dont have any plans for Spirit/Hybrid Digimon in the game but we want to fit them in somewhere, so this is still in development

Genosus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So who is excited to play our game? One of the first in-game pictures to be released, hope you all like :D More updates to come in the next few days, the more feedback the more pictures you guys get ;)

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MetalMamemon! I love that little guy :) I like the environment, but I think that it lacks many details. You could add more digital decoration elements ;)

Genosus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The environment is about 10% done, expect to see it take to life very soon :) Here's some more pictures for your enjoyment

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One question that is not relevant to a good gameplay, but still bugs me: will you make the tamer's clothes exchangeable? Also, a female tamer option? Hairstyles?

Mackinz

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, a meat farm! Nice throwback to DW1, but I do think other food sources should be available to the player.

I think you should also have a Burgermon restaurant.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm genuinely upset that I know less about design/computer stuff than a toaster does 'cause this stuff looks incredible. Are you doing multiple types of landscape and that kind of thing? I know the thing I'd look forward to most would be a DigiQuartz-style area, and I think you guys could do it really well.

liamx2000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

liamx2000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
any idea when you think a demo might be available ? I'm in a huge digimon mood I just bought Digimon World RE Digitize Decode for my Japanese 3ds And it's great fun I love the old ways of raising digimon. so I'm very much looking forward to seeing progress on your awesome game.

Genosus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@FranGP I'll post a picture of the current humans that are ready. Things might change but for now the plan is to have the player choose which character they would like to play the game with. Hopefully we will include some different costumes but that will come in time.

@Mackinz The game is based off DW1 so the main city will be similar to File City but there will be a lot of new touches to make the game more exciting.

@kkanbara I dont want to give too much away but there will be 4 island in total and the human world. Each island consists of multiple zones, each having a unique feeling to them. The first island is Bios Island which has 3 zones.. Open Forest, Mountains, Fire zone(yet to be named). Island 1 being the smallest of them all ;). The next one we are working on is the fire zone connected to Open Forest ruled by Volcamon and his army. Our world will have a lot of unique climates and environments, so maybe we can include your Digi-quartz idea in somewhere :)

@liamx2000 All the in-game coding has been finished for a while, it isn't fully polished yet but for the most part its working fairly well. As soon as we finish the last models of Open Forest a demo will be available and once that is out, we will have an updater when you can update to the latest version that has been released. Open Forest still have a long way to go until its fully polished but we've almost finished all the core assets (Buildings, trees, rocks etc). Before the end of September something will be available. :D

Here is some more pics for you all:cool:

Last edited:

liamx2000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looking good !! thanks for the fast reply.

Will I be able to get lilimon/Lillymon in the Demo and will she have her Flower cannon attack ?

Last edited:

Genosus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not 100% sure if the Palmon tree will be in demo but i'll see how things work out :) All Digimon will have attacks available from tech trees and there signature finishing move

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The screenshots look awesome, as usual. And if you're sticking to Digimon World 1 combat style, with the learnable techniques and all, the gameplay will be enjoyable as well :)

Genosus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The tech trees will be similar to DW1 with the same elements and the addition of Holy and Darkness :) To counter the use of a million HP/MP Floppys we are making MP recover very slowly over time with brains effecting the regen rate. Each element will also include some cool support moves such as holy getting a heal and so forth :) Hope that sounds cool ;)