Extended Trailer/Promo for Digimon Adventure for PSP

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Han Megumi is rather good for a seiyuu just starting out. Hope she has a bright career ahead of her.

nintenfan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Relationship Building system reminds me of the Tales franchise. Depending on the relationships the main character has with the other party members affects the outcome of the game just a little bit. (About 13 different endings in Tales of Symphonia for example)

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Takeru's and Palmon's seiyuu are different. They both retired. Look at ANN, it shows what the new seiyuu are. Megumi Han does Takeru, who did Airu in Hunters. The voice really is spot on though. I think Palmon's seiyuu is fairly new though.
Weird, I heard Palmon's actress is the same but is just using a different stage name.

So, the "Bond Combo" seen in the trailers has to do with the relationship system.
And, Etemon (Power Up) is actually going to appear, as I thought.

Seymour Butz said:
That was actually given its own name? Yech. Well, I guess it could appear here then. I wouldn't count on it appearing elsewhere, though, since it's an oddly specific combination of elements, much like some of the Darkness Modes.
What about the card games? They don't have the same restrictions as the anime/manga/game plots. Plus, one of the items in Digimon Masters is the toy gun Makoto gave to Impmon before he evolved to Beelzemon Blast Mode in Tamers, so any game could just have the Dark Network as an item.

The Chaos Entity said:
Here's hoping for our pals Phoenixmon, Rosemon, Vikemon and HerculesKabuterimon.
Well, if they were to go with the lines from the WonderSwan games, then we would see Plesiomon, as the games place Vikemon as Shakkoumon's Ultimate.
But now I have to wonder if those will actually happen, because the website has updated (three days ago) with some of the Digimon's Evolutions in the character section. As you guys can see here, the missing forms have a question mark in place of the photo, and if you look here, Piyomon has only two missing forms rather than three like Agumon and Gabumon. So, unless they are only listing the anime forms and are going with something similar to the Evolution Galaxy from Digimon Savers: Another Mission, it seems that the game is such a literal adaptation of the anime that only Agumon and Gabumon will have their Ultimate forms.

Another thing I noticed in the published screenshots, is that every protagonist has their Digimon in their base forms except Tagiru, who is only seen with Arresterdramon, and in one of the images you see Tagiru saying "I am Tagiru Akashi and this one is Arresterdramon", so, does this mean that we won't see Gumdramon in the game?

And the new Digimon, Hackmon and Gankuumon. You know that I actually thought that the new Digimon could be a Royal Knight? It was one of my theories along with the fusion of the Adventure Ultimates. Hackmon reminds me of DORUmon, maybe because of his pose in the official art. I wonder if Hackmon has dimensional powers. I mean, he is Hackmon, so maybe he is able to hack data and doing this he can manipulate time-space, and is involved in a crossover in the Digital Dungeon, so maybe he brought everyone there to defeat some enemy.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I notice in one of the screenshots that Greymon appears to be using an attack called Bit Fire instead of Mega Flame, though it looks similar (fireball from mouth). But the attack is specifically mentioned outside of the screenshot too, so maybe it's a generic attack or some kind of special ability.

meggiemaccat

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, if they were to go with the lines from the WonderSwan games, then we would see Plesiomon, as the games place Vikemon as Shakkoumon's Ultimate.
But now I have to wonder if those will actually happen, because the website has updated (three days ago) with some of the Digimon's Evolutions in the character section. As you guys can see here, the missing forms have a question mark in place of the photo, and if you look here, Piyomon has only two missing forms rather than three like Agumon and Gabumon. So, unless they are only listing the anime forms and are going with something similar to the Evolution Galaxy from Digimon Savers: Another Mission, it seems that the game is such a literal adaptation of the anime that only Agumon and Gabumon will have their Ultimate forms.

To respond just to the worry that Agumon and Gabumon will be the only Mega/Ultimate-level digimon based on the number of unknown forms... need I remind you that a) it is the Champion/Adult level that is being spoiled first of those three/four spaces available and b) that Agumon and Gabumon also share Omnimon as a final form? Unless they're planning on covering the Rookie/Child form or In-training/Baby II as a mystery form to be revealed later (which is doubtful considering both are pictured within the main profile) the two mystery forms for Birdramon could be her Ultimate/Perfect and Mega/Ultimate stages. Granted I do believe that the ones who don't reach Mega/Ultimate within the anime will only reach Mega/Ultimate in the crossover that happens afterward, which will make me a sad Digi-kitty since that rather unbalances the entire party for a large chunk of the game. >:

(Someone tell me if it's too confusing for me to be referring to both the dub and sub terms - I primarily think in dub terms but feel it would've been very confusing to use that considering this forum seems to mostly use sub terms. (Although I have managed to just use sub terms in the past... Call me lazy? >>; ))

Last edited:

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To respond just to the worry that Agumon and Gabumon will be the only Mega/Ultimate-level digimon based on the number of unknown forms... need I remind you that a) it is the Champion/Adult level that is being spoiled first of those three/four spaces available and b) that Agumon and Gabumon also share Omnimon as a final form? Unless they're planning on covering the Rookie/Child form or In-training/Baby II as a mystery form to be revealed later (which is doubtful considering both are pictured within the main profile) the two mystery forms for Birdramon could be her Ultimate/Perfect and Mega/Ultimate stages. Granted I do believe that the ones who don't reach Mega/Ultimate within the anime will only reach Mega/Ultimate in the crossover that happens afterward, which will make me a sad Digi-kitty since that rather unbalances the entire party for a large chunk of the game. >:
I was going to argue that the fact that Birdramon was in the middle seems to indicate that one of the missing forms was a lower one, but that seems unnecessary now that the page has updated. Now everyone has their Baby, Child, and Adult forms covered in their pages. The number of forms has been changed to one more form for all of them, but Agumon and Gabumon still have one form more than the rest of those, and all points to only them having an Ultimate form unless we have an Evolution system similar to the Evolution Galaxy from Savers: Another Mission.

By the way, I checked, and http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/山田きのこ]Palmon's voice actrees is the same[/url], she just changed her stage name. Which of the two names is her real name?

YoKozo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Another thing I noticed in the published screenshots, is that every protagonist has their Digimon in their base forms except Tagiru, who is only seen with Arresterdramon, and in one of the images you see Tagiru saying "I am Tagiru Akashi and this one is Arresterdramon", so, does this mean that we won't see Gumdramon in the game?

I just looked at those pages you linked and I only see two question marks for Agumon and one for Piyomon. Could they have edited those out to "cover up" for something?

On the topic of Megas/Ultimates, there was this Gematsu article that clearly stated there WILL be those for the other partners, so unless the article is wrong, I think it's a possibility. I mean, this game is so much more than just a straight-up adaptation. It's fantastic.

This is an excerpt from the article mentioning the final forms: http://gematsu.com/2012/11/digimon-adventure-has-over-140-digimon
As you walk through the game’s episode, you’ll discover wild Digimon wandering the fields. Diverging events, ultimate evolutions of Digimon that didn’t appear in the series (this is known as mega digivolution overseas), events from the series, and bonus dungeons are being prepared.

And about Gumdramon, his official Toei art was included in the batch of screenshots, so I'm pretty sure he's there.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just looked at those pages you linked and I only see two question marks for Agumon and one for Piyomon. Could they have edited those out to "cover up" for something?
Actually, it's because they updated the page with more forms.

And about Gumdramon, his official Toei art was included in the batch of screenshots, so I'm pretty sure he's there.
That could be just to say "this is the same character". Gumdramon is the only one who we haven't seen in his base form in any in-game screenshot.

YoKozo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the topic of Megas/Ultimates, there was this Gematsu article that clearly stated there WILL be those for the other partners, so unless the article is wrong, I think it's a possibility. I mean, this game is so much more than just a straight-up adaptation. It's fantastic.

This is an excerpt from the article mentioning the final forms: http://gematsu.com/2012/11/digimon-adventure-has-over-140-digimon
As you walk through the game’s episode, you’ll discover wild Digimon wandering the fields. Diverging events, ultimate evolutions of Digimon that didn’t appear in the series (this is known as mega digivolution overseas), events from the series, and bonus dungeons are being prepared.

That article seems to say that the additional ultimates are available via DLC, which it sounds like you can currently get by preordering the game.

Last edited:

meggiemaccat

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was going to argue that the fact that Birdramon was in the middle seems to indicate that one of the missing forms was a lower one, but that seems unnecessary now that the page has updated. Now everyone has their Baby, Child, and Adult forms covered in their pages. The number of forms has been changed to one more form for all of them, but Agumon and Gabumon still have one form more than the rest of those, and all points to only them having an Ultimate form unless we have an Evolution system similar to the Evolution Galaxy from Savers: Another Mission.

By the way, I checked, and http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/山田きのこ]Palmon's voice actrees is the same[/url], she just changed her stage name. Which of the two names is her real name?
..... *looks at the website* ..... Well darn, I was really hoping Phoenixmon and the other canon-but-not-in-the-anime-Megas would be available. D: *goes to mope and grow mushrooms in a closet*

*watches videos* ..... Eeeeeee! :D I wanna hug the Digimon! *happy chairspin*

Last edited:

viperzerof-2

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digimon world 1 music it sort of fits

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is true that the new v-jump confirmed Hououmon, Heracles Kabuterimon, Vikemon and Rosemon as ultimates for chosen children in the game?

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is true that the new v-jump confirmed Hououmon, Heracles Kabuterimon, Vikemon and Rosemon as ultimates for chosen children in the game?
Yes, it is. :) Some scans have leacked in 2chan.
Vikemon instead of Plesiomon?

Well, if they ever decide to make a sequel adapting Zero Two, what would Shakkoumon evolve into then?

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, it is. :) Some scans have leacked in 2chan.

Yet again Plesiomon is ignored for Vikemon, not even the Wonderswan games canon can stop it...

I'm a bit surprised Rosemon is still going to be Palmon's ultimate since Lalamon has taken it for so long, but I'm glad that she still has it.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not too surprised. Vikemon does make more sense than Plesiomon, and has become the standard Zudomon evolution in recent years. This has happened before, with Battle Spirit replacing Hikari's Holydramon with Ofanimon. In a hypothetical 02 game, Shakkoumon could evolve to one of the Ultimate level angels.

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, here I was assuming the scans were probably fake since all of the Adventure-canon Wonderswan games used Plesiomon for Jou's Gomamon, and Vikemon for Iori's Armadimon.