Extended Trailer/Promo for Digimon Adventure for PSP

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Namco/Bandai released an extended promo for the upcoming game that has lot's of footage and information (although not much new.)

Thanks to ANN for the news

Update- Thanks to our good friend Rain for a subtitled copy of the video (make sure the closed captions are on, that's where the subs are.)

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Most interesting things about the new trailer are the mention of events that didn't occur in the anime. In that scene I can make out Mimi talking to a Gekomon and Otamamon on a drawbridge, and the Chosen Children meeting (an) Ogremon at the coliseum. It also looks like you can build relationships between characters. At the end I see that they have what look like Collectors cards featuring the Chosen Children and their partners. Wonder how soon they'll be released.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Previous thread with news about the game is here- http://withthewill.net/threads/12592-Digimon-Adventure-PSP-Game-Announced

For a quick catchup.

Image Thumbnail

The game comes out in January in Japan. No release outside of Japan has been mentioned yet.

The entire anime cast is on board, including the series director. The voice recordings for the game are over 70 hours long.

The game will cover the entire series, including the post series movie "Our War Game." There will also be new material, including a crossover with the main 'hero character' and Digimon from the other seasons of Digimon.

A first press bonus will be made available- A PSP based recreation of the Digimon Adventure Digivice V-Pet.

Feel free to mention more catch up stuff if you wish.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not much more to mention except what that new trailer gave us. Though we know that there will be a good bit of additional material in the game, such as battle encounters in the field with new enemies like Mushmon (whose only role in the anime was to get shot by Pinocchimon) and more traditional ones like Bakemon. It looks like you control three partner Digimon at a time during a battle, but not much more about the battle system is known.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so much nostalgia. I'm surprised some of those seiyuu have the voices down pat. Now some are off obviously. They haven't done the characters voices for 10 years or so! I'm just glad Jou's seiyuu doesn't sound exactly like Damemon like he did in the crossover episodes in Hunters. XD;;

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was it Takeru who had the new voice actor? It sounds about spot-on. Devimon is pretty close, though not perfect.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the first post with a subtitled copy from Rain.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Egad! :D

I want a subbed version (I've grown fond of the Japanese voices).

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was it Takeru who had the new voice actor? It sounds about spot-on. Devimon is pretty close, though not perfect.
Takeru is the same VA (all of the 8 kids and Digimon are the same.)

Devimon is a new actor. Kaneto Shiozawa died in the middle of 2000 roughly a day after brain trauma due to a slip.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I knew that Devimon's VA had died. I thought that one of the Chosen Children was getting a new VA though, because their original one had retired. Must be misremembering.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I knew that Devimon's VA had died. I thought that one of the Chosen Children was getting a new VA though, because their original one had retired. Must be misremembering.
I could be wrong, but one of the magazine articles in V-Jump I believe it was stated that the VA's for all 8 kids and Digimon were back (that is also where we got the list of some of the other Digimon who would have returning actors.)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I decided to double check. The name listed for Takeru definitely didn't match the original actor.

Turns out Takeru's new actor is Han Megumi, whom Digimon fans will know as Airu from Hunters. (Thanks to Digistar for the translation from the Japanese.)

(I wonder if the original 'all the actors are back' was a mistranslation, or a misinterpretation (perhaps it was something like 'everyone available came back.')

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The new trailer is great, definantly had to download that. I may try to pick up this game later next year when I arrive in Tokyo, definantly looks like a good time, excited Adventure has been revived after so many years.

Gyt Kaliba

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Loading up the new trailer now, I'm beyond excited for this game. I know we haven't gotten the more recent Digimon games over here lately, but with this one being actually based off of one of the shows instead of being it's own thing, as well as how good the DVD set is doing, that they'll think to bring it over here.

I'm loving that cover for the game though, that's awesome looking. And all of this talk about a 'relationship building system' in the game is getting me even more excited. If it's anything at all like the Social Link system in Persona games, we are in for a treat.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Takeru is the same VA (all of the 8 kids and Digimon are the same.)

Devimon is a new actor. Kaneto Shiozawa died in the middle of 2000 roughly a day after brain trauma due to a slip.
Takeru's and Palmon's seiyuu are different. They both retired. Look at ANN, it shows what the new seiyuu are. Megumi Han does Takeru, who did Airu in Hunters. The voice really is spot on though. I think Palmon's seiyuu is fairly new though.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Palmon was one of the ones that I thought had changed a bit. Guess that explains why.

Gyt Kaliba

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sadly I'm not used to the Japanese cast enough to really pick up on differences. I was thinking that Taichi sounds a little different, but I know that's the same actress, so I'm guessing it's just a difference in age causing it (like how Masako Nozawa sounds a little different as Goku nowadays).

Whoa, wait, the bonding system is between the KIDS (based on this 'RANK UP' thing I saw with a picture of Tai and Sora)? I figured it was between each kid and their respective partner, if it's between the kids than that's even more like the Social Link system I mentioned then...just probably without the 'fade to black, you spent a "long while" with so-and-so' bits. :p

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Takeru's and Palmon's seiyuu are different. They both retired. Look at ANN, it shows what the new seiyuu are. Megumi Han does Takeru, who did Airu in Hunters. The voice really is spot on though. I think Palmon's seiyuu is fairly new though.
While you point about Palmon stands, I feel I need to ask... have you read the thread?

Cause 3 posts above yours I mention who the new Takeru is.

Agu-Chan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if this game will become available to the PS VITA(you know downloadable)?