Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 9

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch episode 8 first!

Time for the extended preview for Episode 9, The Ultimate Digimon Attacks.

As we've seen before, this is about double what appeared at the end of the show itself.

Our discussion thread for episode 8 is here if you want to discuss the episode after watching it.

Attachments

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how Devimon is still going to feel appropiately menacing if they're already going to fight a Perfect level. Best case scenario, he evolves.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how Devimon is still going to feel appropiately menacing if they're already going to fight a Perfect level. Best case scenario, he evolves.
I've been pondering about the same thing too. Either those perfect level digimons are really low tier which isn't likely given what we've seen so far. My guess is that Devimon may end up evolve into his final form (maybe one of the demon lords)...

Mon-Ohma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, my theory about an upcoming confrontation between MetalTyrannomon and Metal/SkullGreymon is looking potentially possible?

Unless some other DEM steps in to solve it otherwise.

Last edited:

Lord Bearmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, my theory about an upcoming confrontatiom between MetalTyrannomon and Metal/SkullGreymon is looking potentially possible?

It's very likely unless they troll us by making the title "The Steel Super Evolution" referencing to DarkTyranomon > MetalTyranomon XD

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was really surprised they brought a Perfect level TOO WAY EARLY just for episode 9. Not even above episode 10 or maybe around 25?

It'd be twisted plot if it wasn't DarkTyranomon who evolved to this MetalTyranomon but just MetalTyranomon gets sent to battle as extra reinforcement lol but I wanna see which confirms it first!

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If that MetalTyrannomon is the Dark Tyrannomon then thatd be great!

If not maybe a Gigadramon/Megadramon would have been more interesting lol

Firerockbird

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, my theory about an upcoming confrontation between MetalTyrannomon and Metal/SkullGreymon is looking potentially possible?

I find it difficult skullgreymon appears now, it would be more possible to see (as apparently is obvious) that metalgreymon will appear and confront metaltyrannomon but that does not rule out the possibility of seeing skullgreymon in the reboot, maybe in future episodes, we will reach a point where Taichi ends up "abusing" "from metalgreymon's Digi-evolution and it kind of ends up making a dark digievoltuion that results in skullgreymon, but that's just theory and not anything to prove it.

Wadester92

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was really surprised they brought a Perfect level TOO WAY EARLY just for episode 9. Not even above episode 10 or maybe around 25?

It'd be twisted plot if it wasn't DarkTyranomon who evolved to this MetalTyranomon but just MetalTyranomon gets sent to battle as extra reinforcement lol but I wanna see which confirms it first!
To be fair, Andromon was introduced in episode 4 of Adventure.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
True. Luckily he was controlled yet the Adventure team somehow managed to escape unharmed. Same thing for Monzaemon.

But there is one difference. Black Gear.

MetalTyranomon's fight will be more blasting to watch for sure! Still unsure of whose manipulated or not lol

arrow15

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well greymon and garurumon defeated algomon ultimate so 6 adult level digimon may be enough.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks exciting! I'm expecting MetalGreymon at the end of next week's episode to fight MetalTyrannomon .

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, episode 5 (episode 4 was Meramon). Episode 25 would be way later than we've ever had and really would end up feeling not just out of place but also painfully slow.

After Andromon in episode 5, there's Monzaemon in episode 6 for Adventure. The next villain at the Ultimate (Perfect) level was in episode 15 with Etemon. Adventure 02 (ignoring cameos in evo sequences) pushes this to episode 7 with Andromon again, followed by episode 9 with SkullGreymon and 10-11 with viral MetalGreymon. Tamers (ignoring cameos as silhouettes or cards) shows a Pumpkinmon in episode 10, but the first active role is "way back" in episode 14 (Mihiramon and WarGrowlmon). Frontier starts with Cerberumon in episode 1. Savers closely mirrors Tamers and introduces Mercurimon in episode 12 with the first battles in episode 13 between RizeGreymon and Garudamon. Xros Wars / Fusion technically introduced something from every level, including Armor and Hybrid, in the first episode, but level really doesn't matter there anyway.

I'm seeing essentially 3 patterns: The Adventure model ranging from episodes 5-7; the Tamers model around episodes 13-14; and the Frontier model that starts off with episode 1 (though generally series that don't lean heavily into levels or true digivolution).

Not only is this not really all that early, remember that episode 2 of Adventure: featured not one but 2 Megas (one of which is often classed as Ultra / Super Mega). If we separate the first 3 episodes as if it were a movie (it might as well be), then episode 9 would be the equivalent of episode 6. That would put this right in line with the Adventure pattern. Heck, even though it may not be Andromon again, MetalTyrannomon's still a Cyborg Type associated with the Crack Team.

Regarding Devimon, the original (after taking strength-boosting Black Gears) was too powerful for 6 Digimon of his own level. Even then, Angemon only won by sacrificing himself. If they go the route of Devimon being the first boss, there are all sorts of ways he could get a power-up to be appropriately menacing. Or, they could go a completely different route and have the DigiDestined out-level him right off the bat (and force the next boss to step in). It'll just take seeing where the writers are going here.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, episode 5 (episode 4 was Meramon). Episode 25 would be way later than we've ever had and really would end up feeling not just out of place but also painfully slow.

After Andromon in episode 5, there's Monzaemon in episode 6 for Adventure. The next villain at the Ultimate (Perfect) level was in episode 15 with Etemon. Adventure 02 (ignoring cameos in evo sequences) pushes this to episode 7 with Andromon again, followed by episode 9 with SkullGreymon and 10-11 with viral MetalGreymon. Tamers (ignoring cameos as silhouettes or cards) shows a Pumpkinmon in episode 10, but the first active role is "way back" in episode 14 (Mihiramon and WarGrowlmon). Frontier starts with Cerberumon in episode 1. Savers closely mirrors Tamers and introduces Mercurimon in episode 12 with the first battles in episode 13 between RizeGreymon and Garudamon. Xros Wars / Fusion technically introduced something from every level, including Armor and Hybrid, in the first episode, but level really doesn't matter there anyway.

I'm seeing essentially 3 patterns: The Adventure model ranging from episodes 5-7; the Tamers model around episodes 13-14; and the Frontier model that starts off with episode 1 (though generally series that don't lean heavily into levels or true digivolution).

Not only is this not really all that early, remember that episode 2 of Adventure: featured not one but 2 Megas (one of which is often classed as Ultra / Super Mega). If we separate the first 3 episodes as if it were a movie (it might as well be), then episode 9 would be the equivalent of episode 6. That would put this right in line with the Adventure pattern. Heck, even though it may not be Andromon again, MetalTyrannomon's still a Cyborg Type associated with the Crack Team.

Regarding Devimon, the original (after taking strength-boosting Black Gears) was too powerful for 6 Digimon of his own level. Even then, Angemon only won by sacrificing himself. If they go the route of Devimon being the first boss, there are all sorts of ways he could get a power-up to be appropriately menacing. Or, they could go a completely different route and have the DigiDestined out-level him right off the bat (and force the next boss to step in). It'll just take seeing where the writers are going here.
He could be taken out by Angemon whilst the others are off fighting Ultimates. Then the Ultimates woulnd't be the ones taking out Devimon

and there was a Whamon in an earlier episode, so that could've been Ultimate (Champion is more likely, though)

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i doubt this one will need black gears given how shredded he is. theres also the chance that this devimon might digivolve into neodevimon, myotismon or skullsatamon. hell, with the last one they might even pull a v-tamer and have devimon and ogermon jogress.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't mention about MetalTyranomon destroyed Maildramon in very first episode of Tamer...?

Well I still say it's really too early for a Perfect level to fight those unprepared chosen ones because I still don't know if they got hidden crests inside digivices or needs miracle from the duo knowing their enemy tactics, they are actively hunting specifically and even guarding Holy tablets (For what... purpose?). It's easy to say a newbie unknowingly joined a server with full of advanced players for the domination battle.

Compared to other seasons, I'd say Adventure team had tons of luck which Etemon went easy on them. Savers brought out two Ultimate levels too early.

Hmm it's really hard to say, I don't know if Devimon is really the boss or maybe touched few Perfect levels to turn into servants so you need to destroy the mastermind directly. Or if you destroy one of the bosses that happens to be a mere squadron with one "leader" while there are too many squadrons awaiting there. But it's still interesting to watch how they advance.

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't mention about MetalTyranomon destroyed Maildramon in very first episode of Tamer...?

Well I still say it's really too early for a Perfect level to fight those unprepared chosen ones because I still don't know if they got hidden crests inside digivices or needs miracle from the duo knowing their enemy tactics, they are actively hunting specifically and even guarding Holy tablets (For what... purpose?). It's easy to say a newbie unknowingly joined a server with full of advanced players for the domination battle.

Compared to other seasons, I'd say Adventure team had tons of luck which Etemon went easy on them. Savers brought out two Ultimate levels too early.

Hmm it's really hard to say, I don't know if Devimon is really the boss or maybe touched few Perfect levels to turn into servants so you need to destroy the mastermind directly. Or if you destroy one of the bosses that happens to be a mere squadron with one "leader" while there are too many squadrons awaiting there. But it's still interesting to watch how they advance.
regarding the crest, its actually the same as with the original adventure: the powers of the crests are within them. the crest emblems and tags only really served as focus point to help them use the power. also, the v-tamer crossover showed the crest of courage in both v-tamer tai & 2020 taichi's eyes.
the digivice has always served as a medium between the tamer and their partner and this world is about 20 years father down the line than the original adventure & the digivices are more advanced because of it. it makes sense for the digivice to be able to serve both as the medium and the focus point.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Isn't it a little late to be debating whether episode 9 is too early for a fight with a Perfect-level Digimon? We already had one back in episode 2.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Besides, considering they're already 5 Adult levels (and it will be 6 once Koushiro arrives) and that there's been no indication of "lack of energy" impeding evolution as in the first series, it was either this, another weirdly powerful Adult, or yet another small platoon of opponents (for the fourth time in 5 episodes).