Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 65

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch episode 64 first!

Time for the extended preview for Episode 65, The Great Catastrophe, Negamon!

As we've seen before, this is about double what appeared at the end of the show itself.

Our discussion thread for episode 64 is here if you want to discuss the episode after watching it.

Attachments

• デジモンアドベンチャー: 第65話予告 「巨大な破滅ネガーモン」 (BQ).jpg
    デジモンアドベンチャー: 第65話予告 「巨大な破滅ネガーモン」 (BQ).jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 18,675

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Algomon Super Ultimate, is that you?

Edit: NVM it's just multiple algomons loo

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hmm..from what I can see the fight will somewhat resemble the final battle against Yggdrasil from Savers...

Digitama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
looks like the episode is going to be tense. Interesting

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hmm..from what I can see the fight will somewhat resemble the final battle against Yggdrasil from Savers...
To me it looks like lucemon sm vs Susanoomon

We all know omegamon will make an appearance to fight Final boss

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm starting to believe we'll only get one of the two Omegamons.

If this is the classic Omegamon, I think he will lose, it would be interesting if the series ends with the accomplishment of the Great Catastrophe, even if it means announcing a season 2 in stride.

If it's Alter-S, I guess Negamon will get his butt kicked.
It would be strange if Alter-S's very first fight ended in defeat.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

If this is the classic Omegamon, I think he will lose, it would be interesting if the series ends with the accomplishment of the Great Catastrophe, even if it means announcing a season 2 in stride.

Most likely is regular omnimon losing which leads to them needing omnimon alter s

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Most likely is regular omnimon losing which leads to them needing omnimon alter s
Yes, this is definitely the most popular idea, and personally I don't like it at all.
What would be the point of having teased Omegamon for 60 episodes if it only serves to be instantly replaced by its better version ?

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yes, this is definitely the most popular idea, and personally I don't like it at all.
What would be the point of having teased Omegamon for 60 episodes if it only serves to be instantly replaced by its better version ?
To show how powerful the main villain is that the "I win" button can't stop it, but then the kids create an even stronger I win button through friendship (love, hope, etc)!

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

To show how powerful the main villain is that the "I win" button can't stop it, but then the kids create an even stronger I win button through friendship (love, hope, etc)!
And the result is that Omegamon and Negamon will both look weak.
Omegamon because he will have had no use for the whole series and Negamon because his only feat will be to beat a useless Digimon before being himself destroyed.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting, first seconds on the advance video we see the kids in front of negamon but It has a round silhouette, so probably It is going to evolve very fast, it doesnt looks like the ball negamon from digivice, this one has like a little body maybe formed by tentacles.

I think It is:
Squid (child)
Ball from this preview (adult)
Ball from digivice (perfect)
Whale (ultimate)

No matter how it ends, if it has an entire evolution line It would be my favourite anime villain, i already LOVE whale negamon design, an entire evolution line for him would be a dream come true.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh well, the combat in Adventures is quite boring, anyway. The villains get beaten in a manner of minutes, and if they're harder to beat, by the power of hope/friendship, etc. There's no strategy, no tactics, no interesting dynamic. Just beams and blasts being shot while static most of the times.

The cameos were good last episode; Trailmon (Ball), Golemon (Data), Deathmon's transformation, the Digimon the protagonists interacted with, etc. But the plot? The fight? Very underwhelming. Nothing new, of course, but the series is quite underwhelming in this regard. Even compared to the likes of the original Adventures, Savers, etc.

I mean, what's the deal with the Great Catastrophe, anyway? Darkness and Light had to fight, created Milleniumon and then what? Empowered Negamon? Made room for him, as in some kind of big conspiracy? It's all so very vague and unmeaningful.

Last edited:

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Omegamon because he will have had no use for the whole series and Negamon because his only feat will be to beat a useless Digimon before being himself destroyed.
I wouldn't say preventing Tokyo from being nuked twice (and the kids from being killed by the perpretators) is useless. And if Negamon defeats Omegamon, a subsequent defeat won't make him feel weak, as Omegamon is already stabilished as basically an unstopable force in this series.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I wouldn't say preventing Tokyo from being nuked twice (and the kids from being killed by the perpretators) is useless. And if Negamon defeats Omegamon, a subsequent defeat won't make him feel weak, as Omegamon is already stabilished as basically an unstopable force in this series.
I say it.
Argomon and Nidhoggmon were early series sub-Boss, to date there is no reason to believe that Wargreymon and MetalGarurumon wouldn’t have been enough to save Tokyo.

Established in what way ?
Currently, Omegamon is nothing more than hype.
If Omegamon loses to Negamon he will just look pathetic and the latter will not look powerful either.
And therefore, if Negamon loses to Alter-S, he will look just as weak.

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd say the most substantial example would be defeating past Milleniumon and ending the war. From the flashback, that seems to have been done as most of the good Digimon had already been defeated. And we know the only surving member of that battle was Seraphimon, and barely.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Negamon seems from the preview that will evolve fast and starts to erase everything. The preview gives me Apocalymon battle parallels.

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Two Algomon Ultimate/Mega?

Maybe theyll finally fuse into a super ultimate form as a penultimate boss.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Two Algomon Ultimate/Mega?

Maybe theyll finally fuse into a super ultimate form as a penultimate boss.
I doubt that. Super Ultimates haven't really been a thing for quite a time, the protagonists probably have to find some way to overcome their handicap (powerless and separated), which makes Algomon Ultimate x2 challenging enough as it is. Anyway, Negamon will presumably be the center of attention the upcoming 2 episodes, with the 67th episode probably wrapping up the series back in Tokyo and being all peaceful and all that.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd say the most substantial example would be defeating past Milleniumon and ending the war. From the flashback, that seems to have been done as most of the good Digimon had already been defeated. And we know the only surving member of that battle was Seraphimon, and barely.
Wargreymon basically do the same thing in episode 50.
With help, but still.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ball from digivice (perfect)
Whale (ultimate)

If I remember right, the "whale" form actually came before the "ball" form in the Digivice.