Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 61

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch episode 60 first!

Time for the extended preview for Episode 61, A Place to Return To!

As we've seen before, this is about double what appeared at the end of the show itself.

Our discussion thread for episode 60 is here if you want to discuss the episode after watching it.

Attachments

• デジモンアドベンチャー: 第61話予告 「帰りたい場所へ」 (BQ).jpg
    デジモンアドベンチャー: 第61話予告 「帰りたい場所へ」 (BQ).jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 14,885

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Leomon's back? Great, but can the show actually do something with him instead of having him pop up every so often and then leave after an ep or two? Please?

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some pretty niche Digimon here. Weedmon, NiseDrimogemon and others. I would've liked to see a rivalry with Nise and the real one but oh well.

And hey, regular Elecmon. He now keeps up his streak of appearing in every series. Fair play to the little red skunk not many can say that.

Another Dark General in Gravimon. But he's Ulitimate. But this screams filler so with this being episode 61 I find it unlikely it ends at 66. Maybe something like 72-75. Prob magnaangemon summoning the spirit of seraphimon to kill gravimon.

Leomon's back? Great, but can the show actually do something with him instead of having him pop up every so often and then leave after an ep or two? Please?

Toei: sure! *has gravimon throw Leomon into the sun, killing him*

Geode

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First Splashmon then Olegmon and now Gravimon, is this the return of the Dark Generals?

I want to see Leomon become Saber Leomon.
Some pretty niche Digimon here. Weedmon, NiseDrimogemon and others. I would've liked to see a rivalry with Nise and the real one but oh well.

And hey, regular Elecmon. He now keeps up his streak of appearing in every series. Fair play to the little red skunk not many can say that.

Another Dark General in Gravimon. But he's Ulitimate. But this screams filler so with this being episode 61 I find it unlikely it ends at 66. Maybe something like 72-75. Prob magnaangemon summoning the spirit of seraphimon to kill gravimon.

Toei: sure! *has gravimon throw Leomon into the sun, killing him*
I hope not.

Taichi-Mon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's time for Taichi and Takeru moment, I am looking forward for it
But this screams filler so with this being episode 61 I find it unlikely it ends at 66. Maybe something like 72-75
i hope you're right

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Next up gravimon, an ugly digimon with my fave ability to control gravity, hopefully next we see neovamdemon.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I figure this is Takeru's turn to have an "Ultimate-evolution silhouette" moment, like Hikari before him (and Taichi, Koushiro and Yamato before her). Most likely the moment for his crest to show up, too.

That would leave Taichi's crest... and Sora's, IIRC. Wonder why didn't her crest show up in Houomon's episode.

Speculating on the next few episodes (and assuming the 66 episodes info was and remains correct):

61: Crest of Hope
62: Crest of Love?
63: Crest of Courage
64: Learn of the "Great Catastrophe". Storm final boss area.
65: Meet final boss (in whale form?). Angels evolve.
66: Defeat final boss (in tentacle ball form?) with Omegamon (Alter-S?). End of series.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And the XW love keeps on coming. I appreciate seeing the Death Generals again since they haven't appeared much in other parts of the franchise, though it makes me wonder if we'll see the other three before the series ends.
Toei: sure! *has gravimon throw Leomon into the sun, killing him evolving into Apollomon*
Fixed that for you, @Muur XP
Who then gets killed by the "Great Catastrophe" to show how evil it is.

WoolishlyGrim

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At this point, I'm half wondering if the series will end around ~66 episodes, but with the announcement of a second season scheduled for after Ghost Game, or a movie scheduled for some point in the future. That's all just idle speculation without any evidence, though, at the moment all we can do is wait and see. It's possible that the series might end up being 70+ episodes, or it's possible that there might just be a really rushed ending.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well if we look at 61 being august 15... 62 would be 22, 63 29 64 week 1 of sept,, 66 week 3... while we don't have a set date for Ghost Game we do have the october window ... so yeah maybe it'l lbe morel iek 67 or 68 episodes. Also I almost feel like the powers that be are just messing with Leomon at this point after all his seiyuu was certain he was gonna die within a couple episodes... but here we are 40 some episodes later and while he hasn't been a regular he keeps showing up just to go "hey i'm still alive" or rather "Nope not letting you get off the hook that easily mr Leomon voice."

Lilimonblooms

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sunflowmon😍😍
I hope she can digivolve to Lilamon in this ep too!
And holyangemon is finally here

robiu013

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe something like 72-75.

66 episodes is a pretty reasonable estimation if you ask me. Given how the show runs, they really only need 2 episodes to wrap up the great catastrophe battle. I really don't think they need to drag it out for an additional 6-10 episodes and would prefer they don't do it, if all they do is some episodic enemy of the week stuff.

Ghost Game is also already confirmed to replace it in october.

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Frankly, I don’t really see the point in this show continuing any further. What passed for a plot these last thirty or so episodes is extremely ropey.
All the post Millenniummon stuff so far comes across as little more then glorified padding, with the additional final forms being thrown in purely as an afterthought/fanservice.
And they’ve made it clear by this point no-one outside of Taichi really matters in the long run.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Takeru's silhouette episode probably, I hope MagnaAngemon uses Gate of Destiny, we haven't really seen him in action much. I was just thinking about the lack of regular Elecmon in the series, glad to see him back along with so many other cameos.

The Krookodile Hunter

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All I want is for Leomon to NOT die in this series. So far so good....

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All I want is for Leomon to NOT die in this series. So far so good....

Quite opposite to me. I want Leomon to finally die, he survived so long that it's really about time to die.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
66 episodes is a pretty reasonable estimation if you ask me.

If Adventure: has 66 episodes, it will end in September 18th. That's too soon, since Ghost Game starts on October.

The only way 66 episodes could fit is that there is a week without episode and Ghost Game starts in October 2th.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting to see all these (obscure) cameos, like NiseDrimogemon, whom we've never seen in the Anime.

robiu013

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
66 episodes is a pretty reasonable estimation if you ask me.

If Adventure: has 66 episodes, it will end in September 18th. That's too soon, since Ghost Game starts on October.

The only way 66 episodes could fit is that there is a week without episode and Ghost Game starts in October 2th.
I'd say it still checks out. A week with no new episode is not an uncommon thing.

Besides, Toei Animation Europe has circulated the 66 episode total information themselves and the info has been on Myanimelist for months by now. I am not aware of any good reason why people speculate it could be more than 66 episodes myself other than that there are some minor holes in the calendar, if Ghost Game is to replace 2020 immediately after it's run.