Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 58

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch episode 57 first!

Time for the extended preview for Episode 58, Hikari, New Life!

As we've seen before, this is about double what appeared at the end of the show itself.

Our discussion thread for episode 57 is here if you want to discuss the episode after watching it.

Attachments

• デジモンアドベンチャー: 第58話予告 「ヒカリ 新たな命」 (BQ).jpg
    デジモンアドベンチャー: 第58話予告 「ヒカリ 新たな命」 (BQ).jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 10,275

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kinda wished they parted ways instead of staying together xD

I wonder if alt evo for Tail/Gatomon ^O^

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode is actually interesting because Takeru and Hikari episode alone themselves to the danger.

Soulmon. Huh

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are we really 8 episodes away from concluding this series? It seems unlikely.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are we really 8 episodes away from concluding this series? It seems unlikely.

Hikari and Takeru focus episode, Herakleskabuterimon, Vikemon, episode or two of stuff, "oh shit the big bad guy is in the internet" episode probably including Seraphimon and Ofanimon, first part of final battle, final battle featuring Alter S.

And then whatever they do for the next part of Adventure, I dunno.

Taurus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Alt mega evo, Ophanimon.
Man, Ophanimon is the main mega this season. And as for the next episode, people expect Ophanimon and Nefertimon, but since it's a filler episode, none will appear.

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't wait for the episodes where Seraphimon and Ofanimon will make an appearance.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Alt mega evo, Ophanimon.
Man, Ophanimon is the main mega this season. And as for the next episode, people expect Ophanimon and Nefertimon, but since it's a filler episode, none will appear.
Holydramon and Ophanimon are her mega forms. Alternate isn't an insult.

People expect Nefertimon only because they have seen Pegasmon. They used Pegasmon to postpone Angemon to Holyangemon a little. Nefertimon can't serve the same purpose when the finale comes in less than ten episodes.
But she can be there for mere fan service, I'm a fan myself.

Perhaps those in charge of Adventure: have a different definition of a Filler Episode. At least this episode is tied to Hikari's previous adventure. Have a look at poor Hououmon to see how a filler episode can perfectly host a mega debut.

Lord Bearmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
People expecting Nefertimon exactly because it's a filler episode. It'd be a one-time armor evolution like Ponchomon.

Taurus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Alt mega evo, Ophanimon.
Holydramon and Ophanimon are her mega forms. Alternate isn't an insult.

People expect Nefertimon only because they have seen Pegasmon. They used Pegasmon to postpone Angemon to Holyangemon a little. Nefertimon can't serve the same purpose when the finale comes in less than ten episodes.
But she can be there for mere fan service, I'm a fan myself.

Perhaps those in charge of Adventure: have a different definition of a Filler Episode. At least this episode is tied to Hikari's previous adventure. Have a look at poor Hououmon to see how a filler episode can perfectly host a mega debut.
But ending 5 showed us that Ophanimon is a main evolution. Also Holydramon did not evolved through the crest, as the main megas are. Holydramon herself said that it was a specific miracle evolution. That evolution would not have happened if the others had not started believing in Taichi that he would win. Then all the crests appeared in the form of rings around Angewomon and HolyAngemon and resulted in alternate mega evolutions. So,the main megas evolve only through a own crest.

robiu013

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Alt mega evo, Ophanimon.
Ophanimon is definitely not happening next episode. There were zero hints at it and the oponnent is SkullBaluchimon ("an Ultimate Digimon").

Nefertimon, who knows? In a way I can almost see it happening, tbh. Pegasusmon and Ponchomon weren't foreshadowed at all and especially in Ponchomon's case, we can see that it really doesn't matter just how filler an episode is, they can make room for an unnecessary side evolution. Either way I won't be surprised.

WoolishlyGrim

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ophanimon probably isn't going to show up next episode, we would have almost certainly either seen her on the 'Next Digimon Covered In Koushiro's Corner' card, or seen her in the preview, or had her name in the episode title. This is not a series that is coy with incoming new evolutions.

But also, I think calling next week's episode a filler is probably inaccurate, and not just because the fandom has been misusing that term constantly, but also because it's clearly going to expand on the cycle of reincarnation, and we've kind of been getting hints at a second(? Could very well just tie into the Great Catastrophe set of villains. Could very well just be a case of a recurring theme that is meant to build the mythology of the world, rather than a discrete group) set of villains whose Thing is personifying death and decay. That's basically what Entmon was, after all, and kind of what Zanbamon was, and SkullBaluchimon fits that theme pretty well.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Alt mega evo, Ophanimon.
Ophanimon is definitely not happening next episode. There were zero hints at it and the oponnent is SkullBaluchimon ("an Ultimate Digimon").

Nefertimon, who knows? In a way I can almost see it happening, tbh. Pegasusmon and Ponchomon weren't foreshadowed at all and especially in Ponchomon's case, we can see that it really doesn't matter just how filler an episode is, they can make room for an unnecessary side evolution. Either way I won't be surprised.

Pegausmon was, it was included in the vpet and on top of that it's episode was named after pegasusmon's catchphrase. I recall many people guessing Ponchomon after seeing maracas. Both ended up being guessed/known by a lot of people for pretty compelling reasons (Pegausmon's more so than Ponchomons).

anyway surely this is way too late for random Nefertimon

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm OK with one main evo and one miraculous evo. We are arguing for some names that doesn't have a very clear meaning. One may call Omegamon MM an alternative form of common Omegamon and you'd get the idea without confusion.

Adventure: is not a place for Holydramon/Ophanimon battle with how they treated both, and both of us know what we are talking about. If you hate the use of alt evo for Ophanimon or feel like offended, I will edit what my previous posts.

An ultimate digimon?
Machmon was an ultimate digimon. (Metal Garurumon)
Nanomon isn't mega level too. (Herakle Kabuterimon)

They didn't swear SkullB is the only enemy in the next episode, and he is not prohibited from evolving to mega even if he is the only enemy.

Like I said, I like Nefertimon. But Adventure: can't have more than 70 episodes. A mega level digimon in a filler episode is still better than a random armor evo in a filler episode.
(Reminder for the second time: almost every mega level, bar miraculous holy dragons evolved for the first time in an episode that looked like a filler.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm just glad we get a Hikari centric episode with Angewomon before Ophanimon shows up in a later episode. It looks to be a good episode for her and one that's definitely needed.

I guess this is the series designated Digitama episode. Appropriate that it's Hikari protecting them! Soulmon & SkullBaluchimon look like interesting enemies to face off against. Looking forward to this!

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The true threat of MetalGarurumon's episode was Parasimon, an Ultimate (even if classically a "weakling"). We don't know who HerakleKabuterimon will be actually fighting. The summary mentions Nanomon as the villian, but it can use another Digimon as muscle or evolve itself.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
An ultimate digimon?

Hmm? Machmon is Adult/Champion level. Parasimon is that Ultimate level parasite.

Yeah Nanomon is just Perfect level. Can't wait to see that puzzle episode.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The true threat of MetalGarurumon's episode was Parasimon, an Ultimate (even if classically a "weakling"). We don't know who HerakleKabuterimon will be actually fighting. The summary mentions Nanomon as the villian, but it can use another Digimon as muscle or evolve itself.
Bingo! The summary mentions SkullBaluchimon as the villain, but it can evolve to another Digimon.
An ultimate digimon?

Hmm? Machmon is Adult/Champion level. Parasimon is that Ultimate level parasite.

Yeah Nanomon is just Perfect level. Can't wait to see that puzzle episode.
All I say is that we didn't get to see a mega level threat yet in summaries or preview. This doesn't prove there won't be any.

Hououmon's episode is an extreme example. No mega level threat in summary, preview, or in the whole season!

I have nothing against Nefertimon, but Adventure: refutes all of your attempts to explain why Ophanimon can't appear there.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WarGreymon vs Crossmon (U)
BlitzGreymon vs MetallifeKuwagamon (P)
MetalGarurumon vs Machman by Parasimon (A by U)
Hououmon vs volcano (no level)
Rosemon vs BanchoMamemon (U)
CresGarurumon vs Zanbamon (U)

There's nothing wrong with the protagonist defeating lower level digimon. Like we sometimes see otherwise: our protagonists defeating higher level digimon.