Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 50

Chudix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's look like they (Toei Animation's staff) used their whole animation budget for episode 50 (on only for the trailer).

THEONEWHOISMANY

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m hoping they defeat regular Mille and that he comes back as Zeed.
They really shouldn't. Even with Holy Beast-tier Digimon Milleniumon should stomp on them like a lion crushes an ant.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
THEONEWHOISMANY, you need to chill out. We don’t need you spamming your headcanons in every thread.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, if that image is true we were right on Holydramon appearing alongside Goddramon. Regardless of if it's true though, I'm looking forward to Goddramon's big anime debut, it's been a Digimon I've wanted to see in the anime for a long time and I'm excited that his big moment will be helping in the fight against Milleniummon.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, saying "Milleniummon shouldn't be beatable by these guys, much less Zeedmilleniummon!" kind of ignores that we've literally onscreen seen the flashback in which these guys beat Zeedmilleniummon back a lot closer to the start of the show. Them doing it again isn't the issue, the issue is that that was in the middle of a war where they were all Ultimates, and now only two of them are Ultimates (with two about to become that way according to the next episode previews). Then again, though, Milleniummon himself isn't at that level of power.

Zeed not being in the Digivice: is pretty telling though, they'll move onto the actual main series villain after this.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, Millenniumon is kind of a pushover really. People like to cite time manipulation and other powers it seemingly has, but that never stopped Ryo from beating it with the same Adventure partners we're seeing now (except, going off the anime at least, the 2020 versions of the partners are significantly more impressive).

Anyways, I was wary of this episode not living up to the hype in terms of animation, but everything we've seen, including that promo screenshot, is looking very impressive. I really can't wait for next week.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am just sad that it is not omegamon who beats it but seeing 2 great dragons instead beating it is still nice.

I take it omegamon will make an appearance against the final boss.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, Millenniumon is kind of a pushover really. People like to cite time manipulation and other powers it seemingly has, but that never stopped Ryo from beating it with the same Adventure partners we're seeing now (except, going off the anime at least, the 2020 versions of the partners are significantly more impressive).

Anyways, I was wary of this episode not living up to the hype in terms of animation, but everything we've seen, including that promo screenshot, is looking very impressive. I really can't wait for next week.
Milleniummon is part of that small group of Digimon whose reputation does not match reality.

We also find Arcadiamon there who even at Baby level can kill Mega Levels... but who gets beaten by AeroVeedramon.
Omegamon X, endowed with the all-powerful All Delete ability, able to delete any Digimon... except all those against who he used it.
VictoryGreymon, capable of one-shot Yggdrasil... which places him on the same level as Agumon Burst Mode.
Or Alphamon, the legendary Royal Knight who has defeated only one opponent in his entire existence.

There are so many "most powerful Digimon" that you wonder if there are any weak left.

And the explanation for this phenomenon is quite simple.
Unlike Pokémon which has a unique and well-defined canon, in Digimon every medium is canon, meaning that all series, manga writers and game developers can use Digimon as they wish and create new ones at will.

And what do you want when you write an adventure and action story ? That your main character and your villain seems powerful.
And what's the easiest way to do this ? To make them fight characters who are already known to be powerful.

And that's how we end up with Arcadiamon and Dexmon (and Armageddemon) defeating Omegamon, which proves that they are strong as they defeated a Digimon known to be strong.
This is how Millenniummon defeats the 4 Sovereigns, who at the time were considered the highest authority in the Digital World.
This is how VictoryGreymon defeats Yggdrasil, the God of the Digital World, which proves that he is very powerful (but NEO is even more very powerful).

However, this strategy necessarily ends up biting it’s own tail.
Authors come to use their colleagues' "invincible" Digimon to showcase their own invincible Digimon, so much so that they end up with conflicting power levels.
The best-known example is certainly Seraphimon.

Today, Milleniummon is just a victim of his own medicine, I personally do not pity him.

The only ones that escape are the characters who were only entitled to one appearance, but I'm sure that if NEO or Chronomon, for example, were to reappear, they would also be put back in their place.

You can't have 10 "Strongest Digimon".

Pokémon had the intelligence to establish a clear hierarchy in its universe very early on, which is therefore not a victim of the power-creep.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In pokemon you have normal, rare, mythical and legendary, it's impossible to make top 10 as well, of course it will be legendary pokemons of course, but there are too many now, pokemon also tends to have weakness and strength system which makes it even harder to make top 10. If you have watched pokemon movie and animes, how strong a pokemon is also dependent on story, infact that is how most anime work unless if you watching issekai.

In digimon you have baby I and ii, child, adult, perfect, ultimate, super ultimate which is just a variable, you have groups (faction), higher beings (superior beings), which are basically super rare digimons that don't really exist unless certain requirements are met like susanoomon, ordinemon, huanglongmon, ogudomon etc..I would expect a top 10 to include groups and rare digimon. High end digimon tend to have high destructive ability and great level of defensive utility to the point it makes them invisible, some digimon are outright impossible to beat unless if the digimon on the opposite end have something that opposes them like ogudomon x vs jesmon gx, arcadiamon su vs ulforceveedramon, Ragnalordmon vs voltaboutamon just a few example.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looking at Goddramon, that body is too huge and the head is so tiny lol zeus thrist those muscles.

If anybody worries about Milleniummon being defeated, then let's pray for highest quality animation that gives Milleniummon meaningful defeat... If it's good enough for you.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can not wait for the episode!! Stunning animation and Goddramon looks nice. Wonder what will trigger the evolution and if Devimon will play a part. I hope Omegamon with help will defeat Milleniumon or may be something else will happen?

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In pokemon you have normal, rare, mythical and legendary, it's impossible to make top 10 as well, of course it will be legendary pokemons of course, but there are too many now, pokemon also tends to have weakness and strength system which makes it even harder to make top 10. If you have watched pokemon movie and animes, how strong a pokemon is also dependent on story, infact that is how most anime work unless if you watching issekai.

In digimon you have baby I and ii, child, adult, perfect, ultimate, super ultimate which is just a variable, you have groups (faction), higher beings (superior beings), which are basically super rare digimons that don't really exist unless certain requirements are met like susanoomon, ordinemon, huanglongmon, ogudomon etc..I would expect a top 10 to include groups and rare digimon. High end digimon tend to have high destructive ability and great level of defensive utility to the point it makes them invisible, some digimon are outright impossible to beat unless if the digimon on the opposite end have something that opposes them like ogudomon x vs jesmon gx, arcadiamon su vs ulforceveedramon, Ragnalordmon vs voltaboutamon just a few example.
A Pokémon top 10 based on the Lore is exceedingly simple to make.
Besides, here is a test:
1) Arceus
2) Giratina
3) Dialga/Palkia
4) Ultra-Necrozma
5) Solgaleo/Lunala

Whether you watch the anime, play the games or read the manga, the Legendary Pokémon hierarchy will always be the same.
For common Pokémon, they don't have a defined potency, it just depends on the individual (Ash's Pikachu is several leagues above a random Pikachu).

Trying to rank Pokémon by their stats would be more complicated, but also completely futile, stats are a gameplay mechanic, they don't indicate the actual power of a Pokémon.

In Digimon, it's just impossible to make a top 10. Of course it's safe to say that it would only be made up of Levels Megas and Ultra, but nothing more.
Here are 2 tests:
1) Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode
2) Susanoomon
3) Imperialdramon PM
4) Jesmon GX
5) VictoryGreymon

1) GraceNovamon
2) Omegamon MM
3) Chronomon
4) Dukemon CM
5) Huanglongmon

These two tops are equally valid because they bring together Digimon who were only entitled to one relevant appearance in the franchise (if not none), and it is therefore impossible to compare them.

None of the Digimon you mentioned are impossible to beat.
Arcadiamon SU has appeared twice and was neutralized both times.
Ogudomon X and Bolboutamon are just the new Milleniummon, they seem invincible because they were only allowed to one appearance, if they were to reappear their actual level would be much better established.
Ogudomon X has already been defeated, which proves that he is not invulnerable.

Lord Patamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm so excited because is just 2 days left to see Goddramon's debut on anime and even more because it is Patamon's mega 😃😃😃😃😃

The reboot made a huge justice to Patamon that even on his lower forms did huge things (just by hatching destroyed ElDoradimon's Castle, and as Tokomon created a force field to protect Takeru from DoneDevimon's attack, and then with Takeru's help, managed to get Agumon to get back in control which resulted in that brilliant WarGreymon defeating DoneDevimon). With Pegasusmon he remained active on the battles while recovering his power to be able to Angemon again which the final touch was the hope of Takeru and the little digimon gathering inside his being. Then he had to fight his own darkness which resulted to be Devimon and again with Takeru's help he won and unlocked his digivolution to HolyAngemon :3

And now on episode 50, he will have a new mega which is Goddramon. The little guy sure is something huh? :3

TacetTempestas

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Had to make an account to clear things up because people don't seem to understand. Millie's powerlevel is the epitome of inconsistent even in his own canon. Strap in because this is going to be a bit to take in. Let's start with some very basics from the Wonderswan games. I'm about to blow everyone's mind, but in Anode/Cathode tamer, the first chronological Ryo game, base form Millie lost to Child level digimon. Now, granted, they could "summon in" higher levels for special attacks, had Ryo/Taichi/Digivice plot armor, but Millie still lost. Following the events of Anode/Cathode, more standard teams of perfects/ultimates defeat Millie in Tag Tamers, a key point here, is that both Ryo and Ken defeat him individually. (There is this whole mirror world plot. Don't worry about it too much.) Thirdly, we come to D1 Tamers, where there isn't much of note other then Millie took on the Four Holy Beasts to make up for jobbing to child levels in the first game. I do feel it's worth pointing out for some bizarre reason Archnemon and Mummymon are stronger then most ultimate levels in D1, while on the subject, Omegamon consistently had higher stats then Millie as well, but that's off topic. Anyway, onto the point of confusion: Brave Tamer. Where Zeed first appears. There are several things in particular from this game where many misconceptions come from, regarding Millie's powerlevel.

Before I continue, allow me to point out that Zeed is no joke. It is indeed one of the strongest digimon no doubt, but it isn't invincible. While this one in particular nearly conquered every timeline, however it also exhibits powers no other Millenniumon in cannon has, such as the replication of previous villains and the fabrication of entire virtual worlds (which are real to the digimon I guess.) In truth, the reason for everything Wanderswan Millie did was because it was actually Ryo's partner, and here is the banger, I don't have the exact quote but I recall Millie claiming "Ryo is the only one who can stop him". This has been read into the wrong way, or misinterpreted in translation. In that particular scenario Millie had, and would just return no matter how many times it was defeated. This has been paraded around as outright invulnerability and omnipotence but this isn't the case. Wonderswan Millie could mess with the timelines and effectively rig the system, only because of Ryo, ENIAC, time travel bs was a "miracle" able to defeat him for good. Monodramon forced a jogress with Millie giving it what it ultimately wanted and placating it.

There have been several other Millenniumon across canon, none have been this strong. Powerful, with time and space abilities, but not to the extent of Wonderswan Millie. Adventure 2020 Millenniumon could still easily destroy the world, I have no doubt. However, for anyone disappointed allow me give you a bit to cheer you up. Goddramon's first appearance was the same game as Millie, in Anode/Cathode V-dramon was obtainable as an event Digimon with calling in Goddramon as special move. Furthermore, Holydramon and Goddramon's evolutions in 2020 have been explicitly called "miraculous". Miracles were a big deal in the Wonderswan games.

An ending note for this wall of text if I got anything wrong please let me know I will correct it. It's been ages since I last played the Wonderswan games and some aren't even translated.