Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 47

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch episode 46 first!

Time for the extended preview for Episode 47, The Villains of the Wastelands!

As we've seen before, this is about double what appeared at the end of the show itself.

Our discussion thread for episode 46 is here if you want to discuss the episode after watching it.

Attachments

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really curious what the purpose behind this episode is, besides potentially using Digimon that have gone completely unused (if the speculation I’m seeing everywhere is right lol), and Nohemon as well.

Like, I never expected to see Nohemon get any focus, so this is cool... but I’m not sure why we need this when we could get a different Mega debut or a WarGreymon/MetalGarurumon team-up or even an Angel-based team-up (all of which can still happen of course). It seems to be about Tai and Nohemon, so now I’m wondering if we get an “irregular” Evolution and get a new Armor debut here. There’s a couple design similarities between Nohemon and FlaWizarmon for example, but I guess we’ll see what happens.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Atamaakechimon is finally being used after 20 years, holy shit. The guy that made it, if he still likes Digimon lol, must be having the best day of his life. Also, I butchered the shit out of that name, I'm curious if anyone here can actually spell it without going to the Wiki to copy paste it. Like dang, I'd be surprised if that name was used in English, it's a mouth full and I don't even know where to start on trying to spell or say that name. Anyway: with Tinmon cameoing in the 2020 card game and this guy that only ever got used in the "Digi-Window" toy (just like Yoyomon, who will be in the DRB soon neat maybe that's how they noticed him?) who knows what could pop up next. Bit of a ramble, but I'm excited to see uh, I'm not gonna try and spell its name again, but the fan made Dinosaur that carries its pre evolution in its mouth (lol, guy cheated and got to make two fan made Digimon).

Also no idea what the Dinosaur he's fighting is, maybe another long lost fan made Digimon? only one that comes to mind and looking at the "list of fan made digimon" on wikimon brings me to Earthdramon maybe? it's prob something new, but it'd be nice to see two long lost fan made Digimon fight each other.

This is filler episode (they're still doing them? geeze Toei) has me excited for the return of such a niche Digimon, and also the possibility of a new dinosuar for whatever that second one is?

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This feels like a weird place for a "filler". With the last two episodes introducing new evolutions and specially the last one being connected to the main arc, it seemed we were ready to go back to plot-centric episodes.

I hope there's a focus on making Tai step up as the leader, that could be nice for when the true battle begins.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Wizard of Oz filler...yay!! xD
I really love the use of old/rarely used digimon though!!!

....but really hoping it focuses on Joe (from seeing preview) and not just Tai again haha

doublewizard

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also no idea what the Dinosaur he's fighting is, maybe another long lost fan made Digimon? only one that comes to mind and looking at the "list of fan made digimon" on wikimon brings me to Earthdramon maybe? it's prob something new, but it'd be nice to see two long lost fan made Digimon fight each other.
I was also thinking it might be Earthdramon, I couldn't find any other Digimon that matched. Since this episode is already adding one obscure Digimon it wouldn't be farfetched to add another one!

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The other Digimon looks like Gaossmon's head atop a larger body.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another filler... Wow!

I was expecting either a string of Megas to start or a continuation of the last ep.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm pretty sure the first Digimon is Gaossmon. Ignoring the "body" suspiciously covered with a cloak, the "head" looks like Gaossmon's whole body. The blue color, the red eyes, the two spikes on its back, and of course its distinct sharp mouth.

Chudix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We don't need filler episodes right now...

Only 20 episodes of the series left, so we need the good written continuation of the main plot and the rest of mega evolutions (6 or 8 if we count holy dragons).

Unfortunately is antoher Taichicentric episode, he got a lot of episodes earlier. They should develop other characters. I'm starting to hate Taichi after the news series...

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nohemon?! Finally because Nohemon was only just there at Frontier movie and didn't... do anything special.

Hm? Two digimons I never seen before.... But one of them felt so familiar... The Chompy "Agumon" comes with the mini version of himself sitting on the Chompy "Agumon"s head or his tongue, yeah that is him? Something starts with... A?

Taichi is still getting more and more screentimes. Wow

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm pretty sure the first Digimon is Gaossmon. Ignoring the "body" suspiciously covered with a cloak, the "head" looks like Gaossmon's whole body. The blue color, the red eyes, the two spikes on its back, and of course its distinct sharp mouth.
Or an evolution of him maybe, Gaossmon isn't that big (I mean I guess this one could be, but that'd be weird)

Leoil01

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tai hasn't had any main focus since blitzgreymon they have been developing the others it like tai does any thing other than support now and people complain jeez

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Atamaakechimon getting in would absolultely make my week for me, holy shit, this is probably the absolute last thing I expected out of that design. Please, Adventure: writers, do this one thing for us.

robiu013

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was also thinking it might be Earthdramon, I couldn't find any other Digimon that matched. Since this episode is already adding one obscure Digimon it wouldn't be farfetched to add another one!
Visually it looks like a clear reference to Atamadekachimon, who was like an easter egg Digimon you could unlock on Digimon Window (whatever that was). (Source: https://wikimon.net/Atamadekachimon)

I have to wonder though whether they actually intend to add it to the anime, because of it's shadowy appearance in the video. Not to mention Atamadekachimon is kind of a "nothing-digimon". It's like a big-headed Agumon. That's it's whole shtick.

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't want another filler episode. We had several of them before today's episode.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Atamadekachimon gotta be that. But the other one... It looks so... Quite plain? I'd say.

doublewizard

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Visually it looks like a clear reference to Atamadekachimon, who was like an easter egg Digimon you could unlock on Digimon Window (whatever that was). (Source: https://wikimon.net/Atamadekachimon)

I have to wonder though whether they actually intend to add it to the anime, because of it's shadowy appearance in the video. Not to mention Atamadekachimon is kind of a "nothing-digimon". It's like a big-headed Agumon. That's it's whole shtick.
Oh sorry, maybe it's because I trimmed out some of the message I was replying to but both Muur and I were talking about the other Digimon silhouette shown in the preview, not Atamadekachimon.

It definitely looks like it has Gaossmon's head, but the size is all wrong. So either there's some trickery going on or it's an evolution. I would assume it's the latter because it would be weird at this point for an antagonist to be child level lol. But I guess it's also fair to say that it's weird to still be having filler episodes this far into the series too, so who knows at this point.

Shiningmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yet another boring filler episode to come, even the Tyranomon-Like and the other with his too long name doesn't appeal (especially since it's going to be Taichi-centric when he doesn't need it anymore: he has all his shinkas available so no need to do an episode centered on him, rather make episodes centered on the others with unlocking of the last shinkas, damn !!!!)

Seriously there are 20 Fucking episodes left before the end of the series and we still don't have the other Kyukoku-tai (knowing that there are 3 additional ones plus another fusion ...) and that in addition to Millennium, there is the big one villain that we forgot a little (thank you for Shin Tamago Digivice teasing and especially the passage with Devimon in episode 18)

I'm afraid but I'm also waiting for the synopsis of Mai to see if we start again on fillers or if we continue on the launch of Metal Garurumon / HolyAngemon ....