Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 36

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch episode 35 first!

Time for the extended preview for Episode 36, Operation Satellite Sniper!

As we've seen before, this is about double what appeared at the end of the show itself.

Our discussion thread for episode 35 is here if you want to discuss the episode after watching it.

Attachments

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We're finally dealing with the ISS? Good. Izzy's constant updates on it got real old real fast.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MetallifeKuwagamon and BladeKuwagamon. Nice to see them showing up.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So based on the previous episode, it looks like we're getting
BlitzGreymon.
Pretty wild, but not unexpected. I'm excited, but also confused since the episode focus seems to be on
Izzy first and foremost, but Tai and MetalGreymon also got a lot of focus in the preview.

Generally, you'd expect
HereculesKabuterimon's debut and/or a WarGreymon appearance, but Blitz here is just odd. It's possible we just get Blitz without anything new for Izzy and Tentomon, but one idea I came up with is a Jogress between MegaKabuterimon and MetalGreymon. A red Greymon evolution that primarily uses electricity-based abilities? It's not farfetched, especially based on how Tai and Izzy's relationship has been built up since Episode 1.

So I guess we'll see if they do anything special like I suggested or if they just go about it how you'd expect. Either way, I'm excited.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Nightwing You know, the analyser preview got me worried that BlitzGreymon will steal a perfectly good Izzy spotlight / HerculesKabiterimon debut, but your alternative is pretty nice. I'm a bit skeptical, but after the creative use of SkullKnightmon as a Tailmon corrupted form, maybe there's hope.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol So Taichi will help Izzy but Izzy didnt even offer to help Tai when Kari was in danger xD

@Nightwing love your idea *itll give the izzy/joe/mimmy/even matt (with their partners) more screentime before they all get mega

but then again what if Blitzgrey is the boss of the next episode >w<

Brubarb

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So based on the previous episode, it looks like we're getting
BlitzGreymon.
Pretty wild, but not unexpected. I'm excited, but also confused since the episode focus seems to be on
Izzy first and foremost, but Tai and MetalGreymon also got a lot of focus in the preview.

Generally, you'd expect
HereculesKabuterimon's debut and/or a WarGreymon appearance, but Blitz here is just odd. It's possible we just get Blitz without anything new for Izzy and Tentomon, but one idea I came up with is a Jogress between MegaKabuterimon and MetalGreymon. A red Greymon evolution that primarily uses electricity-based abilities? It's not farfetched, especially based on how Tai and Izzy's relationship has been built up since Episode 1.

So I guess we'll see if they do anything special like I suggested or if they just go about it how you'd expect. Either way, I'm excited.
Ooooohh a jogress between AtlurKabuterimon and MetalGreymon could be passable because BlitzGreymon is all red haha, but they look nothing like each other!

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm what other enemy would appear for them needing to evolve to BlitzGreymon since MetallifeKuwagamon looks pretty weak. Maybe it will evolve into GrandisKuwagamon? TyrantKabuterimon could be a possibility too.

Also hyped to see how BladeKuwagamon actually looks like!

Last edited:

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As much as the idea of BlitzGreymon fills my soul with a level of apathy I didn't think possible, the fusion idea does sound clever. However, I feel that the writers are gonna have to try real hard to sell a bond between Tai and Izzy. It honestly feels like a majority of their interactions have just been exposition dumps and nothing of real substance.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I think next episode is the best episode for Tentomon to go Ultimate. I don't know what to expect because the preview and the digimon silhouette teaser don't match.

I don't see Blitz being a jogress since I don't know what digimon to jogress with WereGarurumon to evolve into the Cres.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't see Blitz being a jogress since I don't know what digimon to jogress with WereGarurumon to evolve into the Cres.
HolyAngemon might work, but that also means the other four children will be left out.
Not if they fuse with each other and get two completely new Mega forms out of it.

I really doubt any Jogresses is going to happen though, the main two always get the most shit.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah and it's so random

Seeing that silhouette teaser, I think one of the reason for MetalGreymon to evolve into Blitz is because in this week episode 35 he...
...got hit by the black lightning.

Snow

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it’s solely another Taichi/Agumon Moment I would be really disappointed because even tho OG adventure had Taichi and Yamato being the OP characters it still made sure to give each chosen their moment, but this reboot feels more like frontier/02 with everyone being so much weaker and less important than Taichi heck even the evolution scenes indicate that :/ that’s what I liked about Tri because everyone got their moment well mostly..

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
However, I feel that the writers are gonna have to try real hard to sell a bond between Tai and Izzy. It honestly feels like a majority of their interactions have just been exposition dumps and nothing of real substance.
Don't worry, they can just show a bunch of shots of Izzy riding around on Taichi's head, that clearly works in Adventure:.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MetalliferKuwagamon and BladeKuwagamon? I hope they are enough dangerous threat unlike... A certain season.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As much as the idea of BlitzGreymon fills my soul with a level of apathy I didn't think possible, the fusion idea does sound clever. However, I feel that the writers are gonna have to try real hard to sell a bond between Tai and Izzy. It honestly feels like a majority of their interactions have just been exposition dumps and nothing of real substance.
They'd just resort to their usual technique of 'flashback montages'.

Saying that, the implication of seeing alternate Ultimates for Agumon (and presumably Gabumon) does raise a potential warning flag concerning the other partners final forms for me.

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad that at last we'll be over with the ISS sub-sub-plot.

The AtlurKabuterimon and MetalGreymon fusion idea is nice. But I still hope BlitzGreymon won't show up in next week's episode.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Saying that, the implication of seeing alternate Ultimates for Agumon (and presumably Gabumon) does raise a potential warning flag concerning the other partners final forms for me.
IIRC Hikari is the only other one outside Taichi/Yamato to have two final forms, Ofanimon and Holydramon. Which, yeah, would mean that Plesiomon fans can go shove off (including me), but why would they care.

Takeru gets back Angemon eventually though.