Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 33

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Presumably, if SkullKnightmon is Tailmon it's precisely because they're two Digimon who've never been connected before, as they can hint at the reveal in advance to allow the twist make sense, while also leaving it nebulous enough that it isn't a foregone conclusion that we've known was coming since Angemon's egg was stolen.
Exactly this, if it was a LadyDevimon it'd be too obvious.
It helps that SkullKnightmon works into the Black Knight character archetype almost perfectly lol.

I usually don't like using TV Tropes as a source for anything, but I don't expect everyone to know about the Black Knight archetype off the top of their heads lol.

It helps that they've threaded hints throughout the series though. Besides the direct connections to Kari, we've also seen both SkullKnightmon and DarkKnightmon use a bow and arrow, Angewomon's signature weapon, and one key line of dialogue for them was mentioning something about corrupting light to darkness and hope to despair when trying to corrupt Patamon's egg. Whether it's DarkMaildramon or SkullKnightmon, you can interpret that line as saying the Holy Digimon of Light was already corrupted by that point in time.

All that and the things Shotguner's already mentioned is a pretty good amount of evidence for the theory, I feel. I'll stop here though, since there's a difference between commenting on an Episode PV and discussing a theory lol.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My money is also on SKullKnightmon!

Dark Maildramon, while linked to Gatomon as an evolution, hasn't been important enough. Unless they wanna surprise us and subvert expectations I don't see them going that route.

More importantly, there are two scenes which I felt were a dead give away, one we see SkullKnightmon's eyes glitch inside Devimon's castle briefly like it's being controlled (to be fair that could've been it being controlled by Millie) but the other one was super convincing and that was it reacting to Lopmon like Patamon.

Other aspects favoring him:

The Light to darkness, hope to despair line, we already know the Holy Digimon were in evil's clutches.

Kari going with him willingly and not seeming terrified like she knows it's her purpose

Them giving end episode profiles to SkullKnightmon and DarkKnightmon

Using a bow like Angewomon, and the lance reminded me of Ophanimon's Javelin.

It seemed to react to the egg hatching light almost like it was in pain

No voice actor

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What if they're both Tailmon? Tailmon's soul/DigiCore is in a suit of armor as SkullKnightmon, while her body has been evolved into DarkMaildramon?

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am too one of the people who never heard SkullKnightmon is Tailmon theory, but I am too one of the people who thinks the DarkMaildramon fits more to be Tailmon.

And, friendly reminder to everyone who read the episode synopsis to please put spoiler tag because not everyone read them including me. And I think this thread is not for them.
I feel the theory is only a few episodes old. First seemed to pop up in ep 28 or was it 29 when they did a close up of skull knights head where his lil red horns resemble cat ears.

Plus the fact that she wasn't going willingly pointing in the direction of something about him makes her trust him.

I could see maybe dark maildra making her feel reassured but after some wording in the summaries it does seem to point to the knight and not the steed

Leoil01

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gatomon is probably skullkightmon not darkmaildramon the reason being darkmaildramons in profile its basically there to keep check on skullkightmon it says if his heart isnt completely dark it will turn on him

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The theory that Tailmon is DarkKnightmon seems more and more pleasable. I like the fact that preview doesn't reveal much. Also I still believe Devimon was on of the other Holy Digimon, Tailmon then is DarkKnightmon a corrupted Light to Darkness and Patamon also became ShadowSeraphimon which would mean Hope to Despair.

All of this is like a theme were Light is corrupted by Darkness but in end is purified. Can not wait for the next episodes!

Also wouldn't it be more possible for all of the 8 Digimon to have become Omegamon Merciful Mode and defeat Zeed in the past?

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The theory that Tailmon is DarkKnightmon seems more and more pleasable. I like the fact that preview doesn't reveal much. Also I still believe Devimon was on of the other Holy Digimon, Tailmon then is DarkKnightmon a corrupted Light to Darkness and Patamon also became ShadowSeraphimon which would mean Hope to Despair.

All of this is like a theme were Light is corrupted by Darkness but in end is purified. Can not wait for the next episodes!

Also wouldn't it be more possible for all of the 8 Digimon to have become Omegamon Merciful Mode and defeat Zeed in the past?
Not really, for the simple fact that Tailmon's Ultimate during the war was Ofanimon, not Holydramon. Yeah, it's arbitrary and they could decide to change it, but so far the only instances of Merciful Mode are a fusion of 7-8 very specific Digimon (tri) or just an alternate Jogress of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon (Re:Arise)

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why would Merciful Mode even show up here? It's supposed to be a "merciful" assassin and there aren't any cats that need putting down. So far.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Not really, for the simple fact that Tailmon's Ultimate during the war was Ofanimon, not Holydramon. Yeah, it's arbitrary and they could decide to change it, but so far the only instances of Merciful Mode are a fusion of 7-8 very specific Digimon (tri) or just an alternate Jogress of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon (Re:Arise)
Well I think its not like being Ophanimon instead of Holydramon matters but rather being the Digimon of the 8 Chosen.

Why would Merciful Mode even show up here? It's supposed to be a "merciful" assassin and there aren't any cats that need putting down. So far.
Well Meriful Mode or another mode that had all them fused so as to defeat Zeed with all their power in a single attack.