Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 33

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch episode 32 first!

Time for the extended preview for Episode 33, The Hikari of Dawn!

As we've seen before, this is about double what appeared at the end of the show itself.

Our discussion thread for episode 32 is here if you want to discuss the episode after watching it.

Attachments

Brubarb

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if my prediction from when Hikari was captured that Skullknightmon is Gatomon will be true.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if my prediction from when Hikari was captured that Skullknightmon is Gatomon will be true.
lol A lot of people believed that too...

Still hoping its Maildramon xD *seeing how patamon turned to pegasusmon...makes the theory a lot more likely (but then the merge? lol)

Hope we see more actions from the prev episode
Blossomon/Golemon/Deckerdramon etc

Last edited:

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wouldn't DarkMaildramon make more sense? It's literally a subspecies of one of Tailmon's Armor forms, and if stuff like BlackSeraphimon is fair game for this series, DarkMaildramon also fits. Like, why else would they create DarkMaildramon when DeadlyAxemon exists? Seriously, that was the biggest question I had when I read SkullKnightmon rides that.

lol A lot of people believed that too...
Is this theory very big? I hadn't heard of it until the recent episode title thread. Though I guess that's because I haven't been following the discussion threads lately.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wouldn't DarkMaildramon make more sense? It's literally a subspecies of one of Tailmon's Armor forms, and if stuff like BlackSeraphimon is fair game for this series, DarkMaildramon also fits. Like, why else would they create DarkMaildramon when DeadlyAxemon exists? Seriously, that was the biggest question I had when I read SkullKnightmon rides that.
For one thing, post-evolution DarkKnightmon wouldn't be able to ride DeadlyAxemon (assuming they "Jogressed" together). Regular Maildramon already had the precedent of being Knightmon's mount, so DarkMaildramon being DarkKnightmon's mount makes perfect sense.

Also, Jogress doesn't seem like a normal form of evolution in the reboot setting, considering Omegamon is the one and only example so far, and Omegamon is obviously particularly "special". Other examples of Digimon evolving through MoonMillenniummon's powers didn't Jogress either, so it would be weird to have an exception for no reason.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it also possible that Skullknightmon is either Wizarmon or serves as Wizarmon-type of character? In original anime Wizarmon served under Myotismon but he had his own goals which is the connection with Gatomon. I tend to think that Skullknightmon is not corrupted Gatomon but he knows where she is (and they are friends too) and he may be trying to reunite Hikari and Gatomon in attempt to thwart Milleniumon's threat...

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lol where do we place our bets on whether Gatomon is DarkMaildramon or SkullKnightmon, or maybe somewhere else entirely.

Shotguner159

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reasons why SkullKnightmon could be Tailmon
- Hikari has a connection with SkullKnightmon
- SkullKnightmon reacts to Lopmon's holy power awakening like Patamon does
- SkullKnightmon has a distorted voice but no credited voice actor like who voices them might be a spoiler
- SkullKnightmon's position with the enemy is roughly the same as Tailmon's position as Vamdemon's servant in the original.
- Hikari willingly becomes one with SkullKnightmon next episode
- Tailmon will apparently act like Hikari's knight

Reasons why DarkMaildramon could be Tailmon
- DarkMaildramon is a subspecies of one of Tailmon's possible armour evolutions.

Hikari's partner turning out to be the Digimon who she has a mysterious connection with who can also feel the awakening of Holy Digimon just makes more sense than her partner being the aforementioned Digimon's silent steed.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since Patamon evolved to Pegasmon with no explanations... So I will believe that DarkMaildramon might be that Tailmon corrupted.
I don't know why some theories involved around DarkKnightmon unless if "he"/she is corrupted evo aka Next Order of Mugendramon's "Cursed" evolution.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I'm betting on SkullKnightmon being Gatomon. Based off of BT5 of the card game and the fact that Kari will be absorbed into SkullKnightmon, I'm hoping we actually get a short fight between WarGreymon and ChaosGallantmon. ChaosGallantmon, as a dark knight of sorts would work as an evolution as it is, but it would also work as a really neat reference to Tamers if a human-Digimon fusion resulted in a Gallantmon of some kind. The likelihood of this is pretty low, I think, but it would be really cool imo. We'll see what happens, though.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll also place my bets on Skullknightmon being Gatomon. I understand why some are pointing towards Darkmaildramon due to the evolution connection, but between the lack of a voice credit, SkullKnightmon reacting to Lopmon's awakening rather then Darkmaildramon, and Hikari acting weirdly as soon as they get into close contact with each other, I feel the build-up is leaning more towards her being the knight then the steed.

Last edited:

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am too one of the people who never heard SkullKnightmon is Tailmon theory, but I am too one of the people who thinks the DarkMaildramon fits more to be Tailmon.

And, friendly reminder to everyone who read the episode synopsis to please put spoiler tag because not everyone read them including me. And I think this thread is not for them.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As far as I can see, people are speculating not saying 'This is in the episode synposis', which may or may not be true. If people say 'this is in the episode synposis' that is when spoiler tags must be used. Speculation is fine, delib spoiling is not.

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DarkMaildramon was the best bet at first, but I agree that Skull/DarkKnightmon is more and more possible for now.
If that's how it is, I think we could go with BlackTailmon -> Knightmon -> SkullKnightmon -> DarkKnightmon, though that's a bit of a stretch.

Darklabo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope Gatomon is neither SkullKnightmon nor DarkMaildramon.

SkullKnightmon has nothing to do with Gatomon, it would come out of nowhere.
DarkMaildramon is more consistent, but making the Holy Digimon the steed of a secondary antagonist would be incredibly anti-climactic.

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Im very sure gatomon is skullknightmon, we can feel it by seeing the connection between hikari and the latter.

Dragonman-82

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope we see Skull Knightmon mega form somehow.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Shotguner159

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Presumably, if SkullKnightmon is Tailmon it's precisely because they're two Digimon who've never been connected before, as they can hint at the reveal in advance to allow the twist make sense, while also leaving it nebulous enough that it isn't a foregone conclusion that we've known was coming since Angemon's egg was stolen.