Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 32

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch episode 31 first!

Time for the extended preview for Episode 32, Soaring Hope!

As we've seen before, this is about double what appeared at the end of the show itself.

Our discussion thread for episode 31 is here if you want to discuss the episode after watching it.

Attachments

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, when we first learned MetalGreymon would debut againt MetalTyranomon, I thought we would get Garurumon VS Fangmon, and maybe even a "WereFangmon" as the enemy, and that didn't happen. But Fangmon is appearing anyway.

Too bad they wasted a chance of having Fangmon as Garurumon's opponent, to reference its profile.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From my limited Japanese understanding, it would seem that Pagususmon will somehow appear from the narration at the end...

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From my limited Japanese understanding, it would seem that Pagususmon will somehow appear from the narration at the end...
There are certainly enough hints to suggest Pegasmon. The episode title, Soaring Hope, is Pegasmon's title from 02. Pegasmon is also an available evolution in the Digivice: toy for whatever reason.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, when we first learned MetalGreymon would debut againt MetalTyranomon, I thought we would get Garurumon VS Fangmon, and maybe even a "WereFangmon" as the enemy, and that didn't happen. But Fangmon is appearing anyway.

Too bad they wasted a chance of having Fangmon as Garurumon's opponent, to reference its profile.
We don't know yet. Fangman still has the chance, it could evolve in the next episode and the battle with WereGarurumon would happen after that.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd love for Pegasmon to appear but at the same time i dont want it to happen. Just because theres enough people going 'They have to make a 02 reboot next' and if we get pegasmon... well that will only make those people insist that it somehow confirms Adventure 02: Because we all know theres no way it could be a playful nod and nothing more right?

Also... I want a dub yesterday... though only because dub SHOULD mean toys and chance for a Komondomon playset because it just feels like thats somethng that digimon has missed out on whenever an opportunity presented itself.

Adventure- whamon playset to go with the lil PVC figure? nope
02- cant think of anything that would work other than may be Kaiser's base
04- we actually got figures for the various spirits action figure stylewhy not a trailmon playset?
Savers- eldoradimon playset we did see pvc figurines return during the data squad line.

But of course Bandai passed on all those easy fun ideas. I'm sure they'd pass on a Komondomon playset but at least we'd have a possibility for a figure at the very least maybe with smaller PVC figures as accessories that can ride its back.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Though it's probably Pegasusmon, I feel mixed about him showing up.

WoolishlyGrim

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd like it to be HolyAngemon, not because I have any problem with 02 but just because it keeps the evolution lines neater. It's almost certainly Pegasmon, though, unless the creative team are trying to pull a bait-and-switch with the title, which seems a little too coy for the team that put WarGreymon's name directly in the title of his debut episode.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooooh Fangmon! The animation sure upgraded him well. Instead of cartoony looks!

Cerberumon...? Why he is never get the good side at least for once....?

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw I was kind of hoping that they’d ride snide Komondomon

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think holyangemon won't appear in the next episode yet, and that's great.
I would prefer that he appears in more dark episodes like the ones against piedmon.
I guess next episode it will be wargreymon and garudamon plus angemon.

Naal

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What I'm curious about is will Pegasmon evolve from Patamon with Digimental or not. Thought judging from the flow, it would be a normal evolution (probably hinting at some branched evolution?)

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Doesnt he need another type of digivice to digivolve to pegasusmon?
And what's the point of bringing him now so late in the game

DazzleDream

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some series treat armor digimon as ultimates. If tha was occurring here then pegasusmon could appear as a branching evolution.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some series treat armor digimon as ultimates. If tha was occurring here then pegasusmon could appear as a branching evolution.
If he doesn't have the energy for Angemon then he doesn't have the energy for Ultimate either. So this would just be a form he has access to with his little energy.

Drimogemon didn't need an egg in data squad for Digmon and the Rearise stories Veemon didn't need eggs for Flamedramon, Rapidmon, and Magnamon.

The Pegasusmon in the digivice: uses the same exact Digivolution animation as Angemon so appears to be treated as champion with no digi-eggs in sight.

Last edited:

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just don't understand why he doesn't have energy, he only fought once while taichi and sora has been fighting for many episodes.
They go ultimate too not only champion.

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just don't understand why he doesn't have energy, he only fought once while taichi and sora has been fighting for many episodes.
They go ultimate too not only champion.
Because Adventure: and consistency are things that never are allowed to meet.

AngelOmega

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Holy Digimon seem to be more special and use more power in lesser forms. Its' not like Agumon. Angemon (an adult) went against an amped strong Perfect. It seems understandable to me that Patamon doesn't have the strenght to evolve to Angemon but has for Pegasusmon.

Even in 02 after Patamon could evolve gain to Angemon, Pegasusmon was rarely shown. Excited for this.

Timkun55

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it is Pegasusmon, and branching evolutions are a thing, then that would also pave the way for a certain two other Digimon to get branching evolutions đź‘€

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Timkun55 That's probably the intention.

About Patamon's energy issue, I think it's partially due to him having been just reborn. It's been at most a few days, so him not having stamina is feasible. And as other people pointed out, he seems to have used a great deal of energy in fighting DarkKnightmon and teleporting everyone around.