Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 31

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch episode 30 first!

Time for the extended preview for Episode 31, A New Darkness, Millenniumon!

As we've seen before, this is about double what appeared at the end of the show itself.

Our discussion thread for episode 30 is here if you want to discuss the episode after watching it.

Attachments

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like Lopmon is indeed Cerubimon reborn/devolved. MetalPhantomon -> Reapermon is probably getting canonized and we're getting our mysterious Metal Empire?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow Reapermon, it's been 19 years since you were last relevant (im not counting collectable medals in Cyber Sleuth etc). This is his first major appearance in 19 years. Surely he's not a minion for MetalPhantomon lol? the franchise has been weird with MetalPhantomon, the main antagonist in D-Cyber, and his profile says he's an evolution of Phantomon... despite being at the same level

and what was that dog at 21 seconds? that doesn't match Labramon's mouth. That might be a new Digimon? i dont recognise that dog with a robot mask (which may be a disguise?) or maybe its the secret Champion in the Metal Empire Pen Z and the robot mask is part of its design?

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
... and his profile says he's an evolution of Phantomon... despite being at the same level
MetalPhantomon is a natural X-Antibody carrier, so he's probably analogue to a Phantomon X, making him a same level evolution ok.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, it's Reapermon! Guess it wanted a rematch against Wargreymon after it was banished into obscurity following Rumble Arena.

VampireAngemon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn, I've always imagined Gokumon being an evolution of MetalPhantomon but it's never happened in any media. I hope that black lightning strike is evidence that's what happens here.

And the big rusted ruin Lopmon is floating over appears to be that robot dog Digimon's head, so I wonder if it's giant.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if they will make distinctions between Millenniumon forms since in the preview it is clearly MoonMillenniumon...

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

-What- is going on with these sizes?

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Clearly we are dealing with G1 Transformers... they can change scale as they see fit.

Also if i recall correctly we've seen him riding round on dark maildra plenty of times.. so i'm gonna assume they messed up with the first shot. Since well that scene probably couldn't of happened with the fact that Skull knight riding on Dark Maildra is kinda like a person riding on a horse. I know its digimon and all but pretty sure we wouldn't fit on a horse's head to well.

Last edited:

Naal

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Taichi and co. sure is taking their sweet time in the forest and SkullKnightmon and co. sure is taking their sweet time reaching their HQ.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Clearly we are dealing with G1 Transformers... they can change scale as they see fit.

Also if i recall correctly we've seen him riding round on dark maildra plenty of times.. so i'm gonna assume they messed up with the first shot. Since well that scene probably couldn't of happened with the fact that Skull knight riding on Dark Maildra is kinda like a person riding on a horse. I know its digimon and all but pretty sure we wouldn't fit on a horse's head to well.
DarkMaildramon seems to change size at will too, since AxeKnightmon was able to ride it as well despite AxeKnightmon being much taller than SkullKnightmon.

Unless he has an army of varying sized DarkMaildramon I guess...

taz111

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't Angemon and Angewomon change their sizes frequently throughout Original series movies? I always thought certain digimon had this capability due to the amount of data they are pushing out and using etc.

Also, is this episode airing next week? or the week after?

Last edited:

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
his profile says he's an evolution of Phantomon... despite being at the same level
Which part of his profile says he is an evolution of Fantomon? It only says that he is a fully mechanized Fantomon, so like a sub-species.

Anyway, I also had MetalFantomon > Gokumon as my headcanon so I'm very excited to see if it will happen. And the dog at the end, I wonder if it will have wheels like the other three from PenZ Metal Empire XD

DigiGrader

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Isn't metalphantomon already an ultimate level? what is the point of slide evolving into gokumon?

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reapermon!!! Yas! Now this is exciting, I miss playing Rumble Arena.

Is that new Digimon wearing a rusted Mega Gargomon Helmet? It looks somewhat similar regardless.

This is what I love about this series, the prospect of new Digimon and old underused digimon reappearing, so more of that plz!

Also Yay so Lopmon is significant and the cryptic silent shots we've seen in the two preceding eps meant something! It probably is the Cherubimon that was among the 7 Holy Digimon, which is great.

Can't wait for the story to propel and learn more about Milleniumon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Isn't metalphantomon already an ultimate level? what is the point of slide evolving into gokumon?
He's perfect level
his profile says he's an evolution of Phantomon... despite being at the same level
Which part of his profile says he is an evolution of Fantomon? It only says that he is a fully mechanized Fantomon, so like a sub-species.

Anyway, I also had MetalFantomon > Gokumon as my headcanon so I'm very excited to see if it will happen. And the dog at the end, I wonder if it will have wheels like the other three from PenZ Metal Empire XD
Which prob means someone Mechanised a Phantomon

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can't help but think that the new Digimon is actually a new Trailmon...

Also it appears that SkullKnightmon keeps a pocket MoonMillenniummon with him. Do you think it's the real MMon or there are multiple MMons?