Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 24

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch episode 23 first!

Time for the extended preview for Episode 24, The Final Stage, DoneDevimon!

As we've seen before, this is about double what appeared at the end of the show itself.

Our discussion thread for episode 23 is here if you want to discuss the episode after watching it.

Attachments

Ninetalesuk

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's actually DanDevimon, not DoneDevimon...

taz111

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, Wow just wow! this episode looks to be a firecracker! The animation seems to have picked up majorly looking at the preview. Also, DanDevimon/DoneDevimon reminds me of Devilman. Looks so fresh and amazing! I'm really excited to see what he can do. Judging from the preview, seems he can corrupt those around him. Also, super pumped they created a new Mega form for Devimon and not a hybrid of the Angemon line.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Then call Toei and complain.

The episode title as given is DoneDevimon, and that's what we are going to use since it's a new Digimon and that's what they are going with.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The official subs spelled it "DoneDevimon." I do agree that it's probably supposed to be a wordplay with Dante and Dande, but depending on the romanization for its DRB profile, DoneDevimon could be the official name whether we like it or not.

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, not Deathmon. And DoneDevimon is probable the secret NSo Ultimate. Which means squidbabymon isn't. Maybe that'll be the secret ME Adult?
It's kind of odd to me DoneDevimon looks more like a step up from Devimon than NeoDevimon, bUt at the same time looks more like an Adult or Perfect than an Ultimate. I hope Tai and Matt have to retreat. It would be really unfortunate for just them (and T.K) to win this huge fight, and I'm still kind of hoping they'll come back with 7 or 8 Mode Changed Perfects to really finish him.

Last edited:

Ninetalesuk

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The official subs spelled it "DoneDevimon." I do agree that it's probably supposed to be a wordplay with Dante and Dande, but depending on the romanization for its DRB profile, DoneDevimon could be the official name whether we like it or not.
I'm wondering if the English name is like MedicalGallantmon or LoadKnightmon... the way they say it. Eh, moving on...

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh thank Yggdrasil it's not Deathmon!

DoneDevimon, everyone. I love the design already.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Venom, what are you doing here and when did you bond with Spawn?

Surprised they didn't just opt for Daemon since he's a very easy choice for Devimon, but I'm guessing they didn't want to use a Demon Lord for their arc villain so they went with a new form. At least he can work as a parallel to the other Mega Level Angemon so it's not bad.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm so strongly reminded of Venom!

Glad they went for a new evolution rather than using Deathmon/Ghoulmon, though I would've killed for Daemon, this is by far the better choice.

Excited to see how it plays out and what miracle occurs.

KageX

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly the "emitters" on his back which can form Miasma Arms are pretty nice.

Venom, what are you doing here and when did you bond with Spawn?
And I fully expect them to be used for "multiple shapes" ala Spawn and Venom.

With all this focus on "New Possibilities for Evolution" in the series and how that seems to be the Villain's Goal I have to wonder if DarkKnightmon might get a New Evo down the line now that he is the Dark Crystal's new Designated Minion.

And while it seems obvious the Dark Crystal is Moon Milleniumon I have to wonder if that is not just a fakeout, and even if it is Milleniumon the Dark Crystal is just the creation of something else like Apocalymon.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While the crystal is MoonMillenniummon, it doesn't really mean Millenniummon is automatically the mastermind or something. For all we know, that's all that MoonMillenniummon will ever amount to: a nameless tool used by the villains for dark evolutions. After all, Splashmon, a major villain in Xros Wars, was just a minor door-guardian.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Venom exists in Digimon now huh

I was gonna say the name kinda sucks when people were calling it DanDevimon, but DoneDevimon sounds a lot better

I too was one of the people expecting Ghoulmon, so colour me surprised.

The overall design, can't say I'm that much of a fan - though I like the reference that appears to be to Spooderman.

Naal

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like Taichi will get his dark evolution here.
I hope this will not be a Nidhoggmon 2.0.

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Donedevimon is one thing, but from the looks of things, this is finally going to be that Mugendramon evo we've been waiting for.

EDIT: ah shit i've been igamon'd.

Eitaroutarouman

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I prefer new Digimon, and I feel having the OG villain evolving into something that's been around for ages is kinda anticlimatic. Also, sure hope this isn't another Omnimon appearance...

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Maybe Angemon will stop Don/DanDevimon xD

Omg imagine if they make Metalgrey turn to its original blue variant

HeavyLeomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was pretty obvious, i told u, we are in november, this month is the release of penZ first wave, there still 1 remain ultimate in Nso chart... It was so clear for me.
Looks like metalgrey is about to evolve? Mugendramon? Chaosdramon? I Hope a new Digimon.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New Devimon Mega kinda looks like Apocalymon too lol

Kids in the real world need a stronger enemy...still felt too much focus on Tai/Yamato again...

KageX

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I just noticed, DanDevimon resembles Amon from Devilman, the Demon who fused with the protagonist Akira.

Amon is often depicted with a Red Face and Yellow Eyes while the rest of DanDevimon greatly looks a bit like Devilman Akira.

So DanDevimon may very well be a Devilman Homage. Huh, neat.