Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 22

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They could always have MagnaAngemon turn into Priest Mode
I hope not. Priest Mode has been done already, and it's a non-combat form, the design is also kind of bland. HolyA needs something new and super awesome. Plus, there's that whole issue with V-Tamers. It took them forever to be able to use Arcadimon, they still haven't used Future Mode or Demon Super Ultimate, and anytime they use UlForce, they have to make it clear that it's not Zero. I think the rihts to the V-tamer designs and characters are with the mangaka, not Bandai.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope not. Priest Mode has been done already, and it's a non-combat form, the design is also kind of bland. HolyA needs something new and super awesome. Plus, there's that whole issue with V-Tamers. It took them forever to be able to use Arcadimon, they still haven't used Future Mode or Demon Super Ultimate, and anytime they use UlForce, they have to make it clear that it's not Zero. I think the rihts to the V-tamer designs and characters are with the mangaka, not Bandai.
Priest Mode was in Xros Loader V-Pet. It doesn't have V-Tamer issue like Future Mode I think.

Besides, the Priest Mode is a mode change mentioned in HolyAngemon Battle Mode's profile. It's just there.

But then again, I too am not one of the people who want Priest Mode as mode change of Adventure:'s HolyAngemon.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is no rights issue, just fans who have a longstanding habit of making things up when they don't have an explanation they like for any number of things.

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is no rights issue, just fans who have a longstanding habit of making things up when they don't have an explanation they like for any number of things.
Except that there is. UlforceVeedramon Future Mode had to be permanently removed from Digimon Masters over right issues. It was even in the patchnotes.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except that there is. UlforceVeedramon Future Mode had to be permanently removed from Digimon Masters over right issues. It was even in the patchnotes.
No, Bandai told them they couldn't use him. Anything past that is fans making up nonsense.

Is that a rights issue, yes, is that the 'rights issue' people claim it is, no.

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That crystal Devimon has looking a lot like MoonMilleniummon...
They aren't going to throw Milleniummon at someone before the halfway point, not even its... arguably weakest version? Even with the pacing the show has now it would degrade their ability to make Milleniummon a big lategame threat, which they like to hold it out for occasionally.

Make that three. X-Antibodies, with exceptions of a few, are straight up abominations. Not to mention a nightmare to properly animate in a long-running show.
Shame Taichi will never go down a different Greymon path, Rizegreymon X is one of the better ones (and has that awesome Crest of Courage propulsion system)

No, Bandai told them they couldn't use him. Anything past that is fans making up nonsense.

Is that a rights issue, yes, is that the 'rights issue' people claim it is, no.
Even if it were some prescient rights issue with V-Tamers, what is and isn't affected seems completely random. Regulumon hit but not Callismon? Future Mode but not Arkadimon Super Ultimate or Daemon Super Ultimate (given New Century apparently showed it off)? Holyangemon Priest Mode was gone for years, but then showed up in a Xros Loader, but Dominimon is gone?

I think it's less "rights issues" and more "they just don't care about the non-Future Mode ones and are saving that for some reason" - they don't need to bother with another random Leomon evo or "literally just worse Seraphimon" because it's never going to be relevant, and Future Mode is obviously the one thing they'd want to save for something specific if anything. It's sort of like how two of the three Chaos Digimon from World 2 have been completely forgotten about, but Chaospiemon came back that one time - the other two don't have issues stopping them, they just haven't bothered bringing them back yet, but they needed to fill a specific hole and Chaospiemon filled it.

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If there wasn't a rights issue, they wouldn't have had to
1. Market a clearly V-Tamer inspired figure as a Savers product.
2. Make Demon X-Antibody's design so suspiciously similar to Demon Super Ultimate.

We haven't' been told there's a rights issue, that doesn't mean none exists. It's not something they'd have to publicize after all, since it's a private business dealing.
Even if there isn't technically any legal reason they can't use them Japan puts a very high emphasis on professionalism, including professional courtesy. I'm going to use Kingdom Hearts as an example, Disney flat out owns anything from that series that isn't specifically from another Square franchise (FF, TWEWY etc), meaning all original characters, locations, and concepts belong to Disney. But they never use them without consulting Nomura first, out of professional courtesy (they said as much themselves when they added the Keyblade to Disney infinity, this is also part of what is keeping Sora out of Smash). It could be a similar issue with V-Tamer, where Bandai simply doesn't want to use any V-Tamer material without consulting the artist first, as it could be seen as disrespectful.

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
2. Make Demon X-Antibody's design so suspiciously similar to Demon Super Ultimate.
I don't see any similarity other than features that regular Demon already has.
The face is definitely Super Ultimate-inspired, being much more human-like with a very similar eye-mask.

Aside from that, though not unique to SU specifically; there are several elements that are clearly based on Demon's V-Tamer incarnation. His arms are symmetrical. There are "pearls" on the joints of his fingers and toes. Instead of the modern metallic plating, he has pure energy in his shoulders and waist. He literally has V-Tamer's Digimental on his belt and forehead. etc. etc.

That reminds me, the X-Antibody's belt is literally Super Ultimate's belt, but with the Digimental attached in the center. Of course, that doesn't mean I support any sort of conspiracy about "rights", but Demon X is undeniably using elements from Demon SU.

Last edited:

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can see a bit resemblance in the face, but the other you mentioned is just a stretch.

Being symmetrical is nothing unique.
You can barely see the "pearls" on SU's fingers from the artwork but it looks more like a metal bead and it doesn't even have any on his toes unlike the X form.
SU has nothing other than a fluff ball for his shoulder, nor any "pure energy" on any part of his body.
Regular Demon already has a "digimental" on his forehead and a belt, and all three forms have very different designs of them.

Anyway I think this is getting out of topic and I'll be going before the police comes.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Being symmetrical is nothing unique.
You can barely see the "pearls" on SU's fingers from the artwork but it looks more like a metal bead and it doesn't even have any on his toes unlike the X form.
SU has nothing other than a fluff ball for his shoulder, nor any "pure energy" on any part of his body.
Regular Demon already has a "digimental" on his forehead and a belt, and all three forms have very different designs of them.
Symmetry is unique when compared with regular Demon, which is the whole point.
Pearls, beads, why does it matter? The point is that regular Demon doesn't have neither.
His entire waist is clearly made of energy. And Demon X has pretty spherical shoulders too (though made of energy).
And the last one is a big fat lie. I'm not talking about something figurative. He literally has V-Tamer's Digimental, a specific object with a unique design and strong ties to Super Ultimate-level, physically on his body. The one on the forehead is slightly modified, but the one on the belt is a one-to-one replica.

Last edited: