Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 22

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It can go either way (introducing X-forms of digimon later on or making these upgraded ultimate/perfect level digimon a separate thing -2nd option more obvious).

Now that does have an effect on classification- are these moded ultimates gonna be same in power as x-forms or are they even stronger or a bit weaker than them?? Guess profiles might clear things up.

This does also pose a question on what will happen to mega forms; will they also get upgraded or simply evolve into alternate forms like CresGarurumon/ZeedGarurumon or BlitzGreymon/VictoryGreymon?

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It can go either way (introducing X-forms of digimon later on or making these upgraded ultimate/perfect level digimon a separate thing -2nd option more obvious).
I support the second option.

This does also pose a question on what will happen to mega forms; will they also get upgraded or simply evolve into alternate forms like CresGarurumon/ZeedGarurumon or BlitzGreymon/VictoryGreymon?
Hopefully the Mega forms won't get this kind of treatment. I would rather have alternate evolution rather than the mode chance. I'd say... it's just too much.
I'm not sure about Victory and Z'd, but I'm sure Blitz and Cres will appear in this series.
Not just because the new Starter Decks of the card game have them on the covers and cards, but also Blitz and Cres have appeared in many media since their debut in V-Pet. Unlike Victory and Z'd.
or maybe, Bandai want to stick to the manga that Victory and Z'd belong to Agumon (2006) and Gaomon.

Piers

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Want to believe that this is teasing for proper X-Antibody forms but Watanabe's specifically referring to it as a "mode" and the show's ultimately limited run-time probably closes the lid on that possibility, sadly. :/
Wonder if this weird half-way upgrade is also a concession for the animators, because MetalGreymon X's design is already 3x more detailed.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It certainly could’ve been interesting for the x antibody Digimon to be cgi like the evolved appmon both to save money and emphasize how evolved they are in comparison to regular Digimon. But I suppose with the FunBeemon line being normally animated that ship has sailed

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It certainly could’ve been interesting for the x antibody Digimon to be cgi like the evolved appmon both to save money and emphasize how evolved they are in comparison to regular Digimon. But I suppose with the FunBeemon line being normally animated that ship has sailed
The ship has not sailed since Funbeemon line is the natural carrier. But the ship might not sail because I don't see they introduce X antibody in this series. At least in the announced 66 episodes.

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The ship has not sailed since Funbeemon line is the natural carrier. But the ship might not sail because I don't see they introduce X antibody in this series. At least in the announced 66 episodes.
While it's a natural carrier in regular media, we have no idea if X-Antibody is even a thing in the Adventures: universe. Alphamon is also a natural carrier and nothing about it ever happened in Tri. (Then again, we don't talk about Tri.)

HeavyLeomon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gladly we dont have x-antybody here and looks like its just change modes. I was a bit afraid tbh.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like X forms are a lot more controversial than I thought.
I'd actually like if they appear in the series, as they being so attached to the X Program storyline hurts their overall use in the franchise. They being used here could help X forms become a more common occurrence. Of course, supposing the miasma is not the X Program or too close to it.
The idea of animating them in 3D to save budget / spare the 2D animators is nice, as I understand the complexity of a lot of the X designs makes them hard to animate.

Piers

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
as they being so attached to the X Program storyline hurts their overall use in the franchise.
That's my thought too, and it feels like any usage of X-Program has to once again involve Yggdrasil's spiel of hating humanity and that such.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While it's a natural carrier in regular media, we have no idea if X-Antibody is even a thing in the Adventures: universe. Alphamon is also a natural carrier and nothing about it ever happened in Tri. (Then again, we don't talk about Tri.)
That's what I mean. Being a natural carrier doesn't have to be involved in some Project Ark or X Virus storyline. It's just a bonus status. Like Alphamon in tri. and ClavisAngemon and all Funbeemon line in Adventure:. They are just regular digimon born with some special immune system.

Gladly we dont have x-antybody here and looks like its just change modes. I was a bit afraid tbh.
Same here. Phew.

Last edited:

omegalucas

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure about Victory and Z'd, but I'm sure Blitz and Cres will appear in this series.
Not just because the new Starter Decks of the card game have them on the covers and cards, but also Blitz and Cres have appeared in many media since their debut in V-Pet. Unlike Victory and Z'd.
They also have an already established subspecies/form of Omegamon unlike Victory and Z'd so yeah I think they're the most likely alternates.

The idea of animating them in 3D to save budget / spare the 2D animators is nice, as I understand the complexity of a lot of the X designs makes them hard to animate.
There's always the option to trace over the 3D models like they did in DBS Broly, which would be slightly less work for 2D artists and look more consistent with the rest of the show unlike straight 3D.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eyy, SkullKnightmon does indeed become DarkKnightmon to fight the heroes. He was one of my favourites from Xros Wars so I'm super glad to see him here. I wonder if he'll achieve that form via Jogress, would certainly be weird to see that without DeadlyAxemon.

That crystal Devimon has looking a lot like MoonMilleniummon...
Definitely possible, though my first thought was the crystal that Lucemon was sealed into in the concept art for Frontier. Personally I feel that would work better thematically with Devimon and Angemon. :unsure:

Banimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't wait to see Skull/DarkKnightmons fight it already looks like a lot of effort went into the animation department that was clearly missing from the latest episode, MetalGreymon was done dirty a lot this week.

It certainly could’ve been interesting for the x antibody Digimon to be cgi like the evolved appmon
Honestly I hope this doesn't happen I hate seeing cgi monsters in a 2D show it looks so ugly and out of place most of the time Yu-Gi-Oh is the biggest offender but its one of the reasons I can't watch appli

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I support the second option.

Hopefully the Mega forms won't get this kind of treatment. I would rather have alternate evolution rather than the mode chance. I'd say... it's just too much.
or maybe, Bandai want to stick to the manga that Victory and Z'd belong to Agumon (2006) and Gaomon.
Well, we already know for a fact that they'll all have their original Ultimates. I'm not sure what you mean by "too much", but whether the Ultimates get a Mode Change or the partners get two Ultimates, it still results in the same number of forms overall.

Last edited:

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, we already know for a fact that they'll all have their original Ultimates. I'm not sure what you mean by "too much", but whether the Ultimates get a Mode Change or the partners get two Ultimates, it still results in the same number of forms overall.
You're right. By too much I mean if there's a new mode changes for Ultimates, there will be new digimon especially for Taichi Yamato. I would rather have an already established digimon like Blitz/Cres or even Victory/Z'd being used as the (new) alternate evolutions in the anime instead of adding another mode change to Ultimates. Because the Ultimates' Perfect forms now have the mode change too.

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eyy, SkullKnightmon does indeed become DarkKnightmon to fight the heroes. He was one of my favourites from Xros Wars so I'm super glad to see him here. I wonder if he'll achieve that form via Jogress, would certainly be weird to see that without DeadlyAxemon.

That crystal Devimon has looking a lot like MoonMilleniummon...
Definitely possible, though my first thought was the crystal that Lucemon was sealed into in the concept art for Frontier. Personally I feel that would work better thematically with Devimon and Angemon. :unsure:
If you go by the flow of the preview, it seems as though Devimon uses the crystal to cause Skullknightmon to evolve? I'm really into this theme he's got with all these crystals lying around, honestly.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They could always have MagnaAngemon turn into Priest Mode