Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 21

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch episode 20 first!

Time for the extended preview for Episode 21, The Tide-turning Update!

As we've seen before, this is about double what appeared at the end of the show itself.

Our discussion thread for episode 20 is here if you want to discuss the episode after watching it.

Attachments

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if we're getting a dark evolution for MetalGreymon here, perhaps Mugendramon like others have theorized.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm I wonder if Wargreymon or Blitzgreymon (like the recent card lol)

Or just a buffed up Metalgreymon
Whos is going after Darknightmon xD??

ryuujinkurodou

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
C'mon Toei! bring us X-Antibody
Wait! is that MetalGreymon X silhouette?

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@ryuujinkurodou No, that's regular MetalGreymon. The claws of Trident Arm would need to be bigger and the wing segmented and farther from the body. It doesn't debunk the theory, that shot may be pre-evolution.

What's getting me is the eye close-up, the flesh texture feels off, exaggerated. It doesn't feel like it's from MetalGreymon's evolution, perheaps it's from another Digimon. Splashmon, presumably?

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's almost definitely another part of the ongoing eye-theme of the villains, but not necessarily a Digimon. Maybe some kind of organic door.

Naal

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe the close-up eye belongs to ElDoradimon.

Also the kanji for the "update" part is actually translate to (roughly) "steel-turned arms", maybe referring to MetalGreymon X.

Last edited:

Dragonman-82

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm surprised that the preview has Metal Greymon using the Nove Blast attack. In all the other media the digimon lose the old attacks when they Digivole.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm surprised that the preview has Metal Greymon using the Nove Blast attack. In all the other media the digimon lose the old attacks when they Digivole.
It could also be Over Flame, though that's usually depicted as a stream of fire.

lxtrix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Uhm what Garurumon is that?

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Uhm what Garurumon is that?
That appears to be "Splashmon: Darkness Mode" not Garurumon.

Though now that you mention it, it is interesting that Gabumon is nowehere to be seen. Maybe Splashmon absorbs Garurumon in order to take that tiger/wolf-like form this time around instead of the Drippin? :unsure:

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's an interesting idea, it also fits with how Splashmon looks like it's trying to eat MetalGreymon.

Piers

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also the kanji for the "update" part is actually translate to (roughly) "steel-turned arms", maybe referring to MetalGreymon X.
That sounds like Mugendramon imo.
X-Antibody in the anime would be sick af, although:
— Traditionally animating such complex designs would be a budgeting nightmare
— The franchise is generally tight about having X-Antibody be a central plot in regards to the forms

WarGreymon's silhouette in the opening would probably also get undermined if they chucked in surprise evolutions before him.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think it's MetalGreymon X. So far, this Adventure 2020 is quite good dealing with lore and stuff. I just don't see the chance that MetalGreymon will evolve into his X form out of nowhere. Based on the story we've seen till now.

Yeah there're some X digimon like ClavisAngemon and Pupumon in early episodes, but they're a natural carrier. They were born with it.

The silhouette still looks alot like MetalGreymon to me.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean WarGreymon's Dramon Killer claws/gauntlets are made out of Chrome Digizoid

Naal

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, if we're going ultimate/mega, then "upgrade" is better suited than "update" imo.
But I won't be surprised if we actually got an ultimate/mega, although I hope they don't go there this fast.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally, I would hope to hold off the Kids' Ultimates for a while longer, especially since Splashmon is still just a Perfect so some kind of temporary burst mode (whether X-Antibody or otherwise) for MetalGreymon would be more preferable. :unsure: