Extended Preview for Digimon Adventure: Episode 18

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch episode 17 first!

Time for the extended preview for Episode 18, Countdown to Tokyo's Annihilation!

As we've seen before, this is about double what appeared at the end of the show itself.

Our discussion thread for episode 17 is here if you want to discuss the episode after watching it.

Attachments

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I'm thruouhgly disappointed in
Nidhoggmon
. Was hoping it'd look better

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So... That is new Ultimate form of Orochimon... Nidhoggmon or Nighoggmon whatever?

It's sharing both designs of Orochimon's serpent body and million of "eyes" of Eyesmon. He looked somewhat more monster rather than snake dragon.

Devimon returns. I guess he probably stored up tons of data or malice aura like Eyesmon did so he can evolve to surprise us if he got new form lol

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nidhoggmon
Ikr was looking similar to its other forms lol

Omg Gatomon and Patamon soon!!!

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nidhoggmon
It looks amazing imo.

It looks like omegamon will make another appearance.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wasn't expecting that design from it, but honestly it works. It reminds me of the D-Reaper in some respects which fits what's going on with the scenario, and it inherits traits from both Eyesmon and Orochimon so it doesn't feel out of place in a 'line' with them. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action, though I'm curious how it will attack as it seems somewhat immobile.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I haven’t even watched the current episode yet but I watched this teaser out of the hope I could see Nidhoggmon. I think it looks like a cool concept. It will probably look a lot better when we see it in motion and get some official artwork of it. I don’t tend to think the anime does full justice to a lot of the designs, a ton of more complicated Digimon that are super cool look dreadful in it, so I’m willing to bet that will be the case here.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm looking forward to seeing it in action, though I'm curious how it will attack as it seems somewhat immobile.
It doesn't seem immobile at all; at least, not any more immobile than a snake. You can literally see that its tail is miles long and probably encompasses the whole city.

KageX

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nidhogmon does at least seem to visually adhere to the appearance of a Lindworm, a "Norse Dragon", serpent like creatures with arms or forelegs but no hindlegs that can have wings but usually don't.

They are not supposed to use the forelegs for movement but slither like a snake. So yes Nidhoggmon is based on these kind of Dragons, which Nidhoggr itself is supposed to be.

Interestingly it's body texture looks reminiscent of the Gospel Bug Beast from the Megaman Battle Network Series.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If Nidhoggmon's extreme long body/tail acts like Slifer animation in Yugioh then it is totally rad-awesome.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm looking forward to seeing it in action, though I'm curious how it will attack as it seems somewhat immobile.
It doesn't seem immobile at all; at least, not any more immobile than a snake. You can literally see that its tail is miles long and probably encompasses the whole city.

I don't see how it having a long tail means it can move around, that just means it has a long body. In fact, if its as you say and the tail encompasses the whole city then it may just be entwined with it and unable to shift its position as it crushes it.

That said, I'll admit I'm basing my thoughts off of just a few seconds of footage so I can very easily be wrong.

Nidhogmon does at least seem to visually adhere to the appearance of a Lindworm, a "Norse Dragon", serpent like creatures with arms or forelegs but no hindlegs that can have wings but usually don't.

They are not supposed to use the forelegs for movement but slither like a snake. So yes Nidhoggmon is based on these kind of Dragons, which Nidhoggr itself is supposed to be.

Interestingly it's body texture looks reminiscent of the Gospel Bug Beast from the Megaman Battle Network Series.
This is true as well, it does seem to take more cues from the classic imagery of dragons from that mythology then the modern one. It's actually pretty cool that they dug a little deep with the design since we don't get as many lindworms in media.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't see how it having a long tail means it can move around, that just means it has a long body.
That's my whole point. It doesn't even need to "walk". All it needs to do is do an ab-crunch and it'll move miles. It also obviously doesn't care about collateral damage, based on its actions as Eyesmon and Orochimon.

Dharakjoo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Orochimon's Ultimate form, this will be a tougher challenges to the DigiDestined.

Tarama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...it inherits traits from both Eyesmon and Orochimon so it doesn't feel out of place in a 'line' with them.
Exactly my thoughts, I love the design.

Welcome to Pendulum Z Nature Spirits, new digimon!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting. I usually see a lot of big snakes in pictures but never seen their tails fully. Well not to anime/manga too bad for "reality".

It's Bandai art will prob make me like it lol
Gotta admit, I want to see it in order to "like" it lol

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe as a static enemy it doesn't look too impressive, but we shall see how does it fight. It's nice that after all Devimon was not forgotten and left to die...

Mon-Ohma

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can't say I'm terribly impressed by what I see of Nidhoggmon.

I was initially expecting something perhaps a bit more 'majestic' looking (as far as flying Norwegian Worms go). Something more akin to Goddramon, as opposed to a pseudo D-Reaper with chubby wings. :/

It's a bit of a lazy looking design if I'm honest, and makes Orochimon look a bit odd as the choice of middle form. They could have easily just made up another Digimon in its place.

Still it will be nice to finally get more of Devimon. Y'know, a villain that can actually talk. :p