Extended Hacker's Memory Trailer! Plus PS4 Trophy List!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for more Hacker's Memory!

With just a few days until release, Bandai has released an extended (nearly 8 minute long) trailer for Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory!

The trailer goes over a bunch of concepts and features from the game, along with short character introductions and voices for a decent chunk of the cast.

It's a rather fantastic little trailer to throw out the week the game is being released.

Are there any surprises that we weren't aware of in the trailer? I'm not sure... I think I saw maybe one or two things... but those might have just been things I hadn't noticed before this.

Update- We have the trophy list!

There may be a few spoilers here, so skip the trophy list if you want to avoid potential spoilers...

Bronze Trophies
Back-Alley Hackers- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 01.
Handyman Hudie- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 02.
Demonslaying (Zaxon's Request)- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 03.
Net-Dancin' Cowboy- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 04.
To the Island of Happiness (Yuugo's Request)- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 05.
Connected Girl- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 06.
Mask Master- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 07.
Cyber-Gloom- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 08.
Tumult of Winter- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 09.
Just Below Zero- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 10.
Dimensional Collapse- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 11.
Astray- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 12.
Butterfly's Long Afternoon- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 13.
Legend of Dark Days- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 14.
Rescue and Return- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 15.
Vanquished Boy- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 16.
I Am Arcadia- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 17.
Our Memories- Reached Yet Another Side Chapter 18.
Memory Fragments- Accessed Hacker's Memory for the first time.
Hacker-of-All-Trades- Solved 50 BBS cases.
Extreme Medal Collector- Collected 600 types of Digimon medals.
999 Damage!- Dealt 999 damage or more with a single attack.
Ultra-Long Combo- Landed a combo of three or more attacks.
Mr. Navit's Rescue Squad- Saved all broken Mr. Navits.
I'm a Champion!- Defeated PileVolcamon in the offline Colosseum.
Cap'n Fashion- Equipped a Digimon with an accessory for the first time.
Top-Notch Coordinator- Equipped all three Battle Digimon with accessories.
Transformation!- Changed avatar in online mode for the first time.
Fiend with Twenty Faces- Bought at least 20 avatars at the Coin Shop.
By Another Name- Changed title in online mode for the first time.
The Ten-Titled One- Got at least ten titles from online mode.
Date Time- Saw a good impression event for the first time.
Today's Fill- Savored every flavor from the Internet cafe's coffee maker.

Silver Trophies
I'm sure we'll meet again.- Cleared Hacker's Memory main story.
Vampire Hunter- Beat back the Vampire King in the depths of the Abyss Server.
Memory Spinner- Accessed all of Hacker's Memory.
Digimon Master- 300 Digimon registered in the Digimon Field Guide.
Renowned Tactician- Cleared five Domination Battles during investigations.
Dawn of a New Legend- Digivolved a Susanoomon.
Butterfly's Dream- Digivolved a Hudiemon.
Bijugate Chaos- Digivolved both Chaosmon and Chaosmon VA.
Someone Special- Saw all good impression events with a human character.
Partner to You Only- Saw all good impression events with a Digimon character.

Gold Trophies
Vanguard- Attained maximum hacker rank.
Infinite Medal Collector- Collected 700 types of Digimon medals.

Platinum Trophies
Perfect Hacker- Collected all trophies.

If you want to import the Japanese release of Hacker's Memory it comes out on December 14th. (Affiliate Links) The Limited Editions are sold out, but we continue to list them in case additional stock shows up (cancelled orders, etc.)
PS4
PS4 Limited Edition
Vita
Vita Limited Edition

The game is currently scheduled for release in the US and the rest of the world on January 19th.

It's currently up for pre-order at Amazon (affiliate link.)

Thanks to Gematsu for the heads up about the trailer and exophase for the trophy info.

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never get tired of that main theme. It's great to see that they aren't going to keep the previous player character completely out of view. I'm also glad to see the Eaters again, it would have been really weird for them to not be present.

Ah man, I can't wait to see how everything goes down!

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Augh, I decided I wanted the LE after all but too late. There’s eBay, but that’s like 50 over retail. I’ll hope to snag something in the next few days, or check back again in a few weeks.

Game’s looking amazing. Can’t wait for stateside release.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, looks like Kishibe will play a bigger role than I initially thought. Ver interesting...

Takumi was in the video, does this mean Ami isn't canon...?
Would be cool if it reads your save data from CS and sets it accordingly to Takumi/Ami, but I doubt that.

CeciliaCrescent

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Would be cool if it reads your save data from CS and sets it accordingly to Takumi/Ami, but I doubt that.
Why not? It seems very easy to do. S/He doesn't even have any voiced dialogue in the original CS so cameo appearances can easily handle a model swap. Japan has CS on the PS4 as well so I don't see a good reason for them not to do this.

Akfly

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Augh, I decided I wanted the LE after all but too late. There’s eBay, but that’s like 50 over retail. I’ll hope to snag something in the next few days, or check back again in a few weeks.

Game’s looking amazing. Can’t wait for stateside release.
I see that the Vita version in the Proxy Search with CDJapan still has a fair price. I can't find a decent PS4 version tho :/

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This trailer is so beautiful!! At first, I was really curious to know why a midquel instead of a brand-new game (I'm not complaining at all though), but after having read the interview of Habu Kazumasa in 4Gamer now I understand everything, and I'm totally in! :) Nice references this time like the Growlmon falling apart in front of Takumi Aiba (btw, it seems that he's the canon protagonist after all), and Tsuchidarumon confirmed for the game too. I really hope there's still room for Matadrmon, GrandDracumon, Apollomon's line, Grace Novamon & Aegisdramon. They are a must in a Story game imo. ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT.

Edit. I'm super intrigued to know what's up with Erika Mishima and the Butterfly Dream of Zhuangzi after watching this video. Maybe she's not a real human anymore?

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice trailer. I'm interesting in that online mode with 9 dudes.

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One thing I can take from this trailer is that this game is gonna be more cinematic that the first Cyber Sleuth, this time around animated cutscenes aren't just for CG FMVs, there is in-engine animation this time around, Fire Emblem/ visual novel "portrait" overlay in CS was fine but the fact that things that happened in these dialogue were a bit off with the background still being a still fram of the ending of a "cutscene causing things like a character leaving and still being there in the background(don't remember exactly where this was but I remember it happening, to be fair it was rather amusing, even if unintentionally.)

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This trailer is so beautiful!! At first, I was really curious to know why a midquel instead of a brand-new game (I'm not complaining at all though), but after having read the interview of Habu Kazumasa in 4Gamer now I understand everything, and I'm totally in! :) Nice references this time like the Growlmon falling apart in front of Takumi Aiba (btw, it seems that he's the canon protagonist after all), and Tsuchidarumon confirmed for the game too. I really hope there's still room for Matadrmon, GrandDracumon, Apollomon's line, Grace Novamon & Aegisdramon. They are a must in a Story game imo. ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT.

Edit. I'm super intrigued to know what's up with Erika Mishima and the Butterfly Dream of Zhuangzi after watching this video. Maybe she's not a real human anymore?
I've seen it a few times, where's MudFrigimon?

Wolfshark

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This game looks neater every trailer. Definitely adding it to my 'stalk' list for eventual purchase once it comes over here. (And hopefully also get a ps4 by then. I plan on buying one mostly for the digimon games)

Also still no sight of the three musketeers. I want my dream team but I haven't given up hope yet.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added the trophy list to the news post.

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do I need spoilers for this? I wouldn't think so since it's in the main post, but also you advised to skip them to avoid spoilers, so...
>Butterfly's Dream- Digivolved a Hudiemon.

New digimon hype! Guessing that's going to be what Erika's Wormmon becomes. Kinda hoping it looks at least a little less goofy than the Hudie logo.

Also wondering what these "Good Impression" events are about. Some kind of relationship system? Could be pretty fun, especially since they have them for digimon too.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's good that you used the tag, and I'd say leave it, but from here on out, nah, no spoiler tags needed. If they're looking at every trailer and bit of info spoilers are expected, so seeing the spoiler tag on your post works as a sort of 'final' wave off.

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Spoilers alert from Trophys:

-Evolve a hudiemon??? we got here a new digimon?

-"Defeat vampire king in the abyss server" finally Grandracmon confirmed. Great news from the trophy list

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
-Evolve a hudiemon??? we got here a new digimon?
if someone didn't make a name mistake then probably?
when i searched hudie in google i got into a singer wikipedia page that says this
She adopted the professional name "Hu Die", meaning "butterfly"
so we know why evolving a hudiemon is called butterfly's dream

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, we've known about Hudie meaning butterfly for a while. It's the hacker organization that the protagonist is a part of.

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, we've known about Hudie meaning butterfly for a while. It's the hacker organization that the protagonist is a part of.
oh i thought it's because they all wearing hoodies lol
well if this organization has the same name as the digimon it could possibly means hudiemon was a part of creating the organization or was created by the organization