Evangelion revived

Spite

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9464

While I was happy with how Evangelion ended, it seems this doesn't really touch on the original so I can't yet cry out in agony wondering how they will ruin it. Anything is better than a live action Evangelion anyway (I hope that never happens). But I'd still prefer it if they just left the franchise alone. I suppose after making a new Gunbuster I should've expected this to happen though.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Kaoru before he showed up in Tokyo-3. Eh... who knows what it'll be about, but I'm sure emo kids are on the menu.

Thoughts?

Chaos Saiyajin

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
:eek: KICK ARSE!

*rejoices* YAY!!!! :D :D :D :D

This is gonna be awesome. A friggin' prequel? :D

Flarg

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooh sounds neat. I haven't seen all of Evangelion but I've seen enough to enjoy and know what happens. I suppose I'd like to see these new movies.

Himitsu

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dunno what to think. On one hand, the Anime that got me into Otaku'ism isn't dead yet, and I'll see new footage. On the other... What could Gainax possibly improve?

Nebs

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I said it on ANN & I'll say it here. Instead of making whatever the heck these movies are gonna be about, Gainax should really consider animating "Evangelion Re-Take." In my mind (as well as anyone else whose read the Re-Take series), Re-Take is the TRUE ending to EVA, regardless of the fact that Gainax had nothing to do with it. It really is the best thing to happen to Evangelion in many years, IMO.

The 4th volume came out late last month, & the scanslation finally came out last week. I haven't stopped obsessing about it since. *points to avatar*

Raider

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, so Wikipedia was right on this one; guess I lost that bet, lol. Of course, since it is Eva and all, I could hardly care less ^_^

Himitsu

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whats Evangelion Re-Take? can I find it online/Where? I kinda stopped paying attention to Eva once I'd seen The End of Evangelion, so I know nothing...

Raider

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually I believe the official project is titled Rebuild of Evangelion; although I might be mistaken.

Spite

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Himitsu said:
Whats Evangelion Re-Take? can I find it online/Where? I kinda stopped paying attention to Eva once I'd seen The End of Evangelion, so I know nothing...
I believe Nebs refering to this doujin: http://kurogane.animeblogger.net/2006/02/07/eva-re-take/

I downloaded it awhile ago, but haven't read it yet. =/ At least nobody has said "animate Eva-R!"... I found that boring, not that I finished it, but I hated that english kid in the yellow Eva (forgot his name).

TamerDrac

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is really neat to know. I personally love the Evangelion series, yet I never found torrents and I can't find the initiative to buy the ten remaining collections I do not own. So, I just watch the first 10 episodes over and over. :) But I've heard the series does end weird. It's cool to know more movies are coming out and I'll definitely also check into that manga.

gerjomarty

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Evangelion is one of the very few anime I watched regularly apart from Digimon, as it used to be on TV. I really loved it, and I'm glad that there will be a sort of revival of the anime. I seen the complete collection for £80 (~$150) but that's far too much.

Can't wait to see what this will be like.