Episode Count and More Extras for Digimon Adventure: Blu-ray & DVD Box 1

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A few updates for the upcoming first Digimon Adventure: Blu-ray and DVD Box!

We knew it would have 2 discs, and it's now been confirmed the episodes on the discs are episodes 1 through 12, so the entire series up through the episode that airs later this week.

Plus a few more extras have been announced!

They initially announced a trailer/PV collection for on disc content, and they have now announced clean versions of the opening and ending themes.

And then we also have an update for the booklet being included with the set. They've announced it will contain an interview with Yuko Sanpei (Taichi), Yumiko Kobayashi (Koushiro), Chika Sakamoto (Agumon), and Takahiro Sakurai (Tentomon.)

Some nice expected (clean op and ed) and unexpected (more interview content) for the set.

The first Blu-ray and DVD box are scheduled for release on December 2nd and pre-orders are up at CDJapan: (Affiliate links)
Digimon Adventure: Blu-ray Box 1
Digimon Adventure: DVD Box 1

If you want to deal with intermediaries, we also know a few store exclusives:
Amazon Japan will have 3 clear files for their exclusive BD version. (Amazon Japan has a lot of pre-orders locked down for shipping due to various reasons. If you want this version I suggest waiting until 'right' as it comes out and trying to jump and grab it from Amazon Japan directly.)
Animate will have a currently unannounced exclusive item.

Previous details on this release can be found here.

Attachments

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope Billiam Thies is right and they improve Birdramon’s animation (that is today, actually animate her).

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope Billiam Thies is right and they improve Birdramon’s animation (that is today, actually animate her).
What's wrong with birdramons animation? Maybe I missed something but I haven't noticed anything wrong?

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's wrong with birdramons animation? Maybe I missed something but I haven't noticed anything wrong?
lol I kinda have a problem with it too ....the battles are great and all but feels a bit stiff
I like the feathers falling at times....but maybe just needs more movement (more flapping??)

Mattman324

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's pretty hard to notice something is wrong with things that don't exist, like "Birdramon being actually animated." Unfortunately the box set probably won't make Birdramon actually capable in combat either, so even if it does fix that...

Guilmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know Blu-ray fixes are common when it comes to seasonal shows, but does anyone know if that's also the case with year long running shows? I imagine the animators will be too busy with their hectic work schedule week after week to be able to make any major changes for the blu-ray release.

Mattman324

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know Blu-ray fixes are common when it comes to seasonal shows, but does anyone know if that's also the case with year long running shows?
Yes. To bring up a particularly noteworthy example (in that even by Toei standards the animation on the TV version was godawful), Gaiking Legend of Daiku Maryu had 39 episodes and its DVDs were significantly better looking. To bring up an example you'd probably actually know of, Dragon Ball Super did the same thing, and was about two and a half times as long as Digimon Adventure: is going to be.

Guilmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes. To bring up a particularly noteworthy example (in that even by Toei standards the animation on the TV version was godawful), Gaiking Legend of Daiku Maryu had 39 episodes and its DVDs were significantly better looking. To bring up an example you'd probably actually know of, Dragon Ball Super did the same thing, and was about two and a half times as long as Digimon Adventure: is going to be.
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. It'll be interesting to see if they do the same for Digimon then.