Episode 23 Discussion/Speculation

Terriermon Fan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just saw the episode. It was great XD!

Espically when Raramon said OKAY! That was so cool.

I was kind of sad how they fought Gotsumon. I thought he was cool.

Why couldn't the writers still keep him. >>;

*NightFire*

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At least Gotsumon/Meteormon didn't die like a wimp. He put up a good fight.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it interesting that Gotsumon hated humans, yet he fell prey to such human emotions. So when you think about it, Gotsumon's not totally at fault for acting like an ass burger... the humans made him act that way. Since it's hypothesized that Digimon are affected by human emotions, it makes you wonder how they'll find a way to live peacefully together in the end. Perhaps not at all. (Prepare for a sad ending?)

Infinity Blade

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Terriermon Fan said:
Just saw the episode. It was great XD!

Espically when Raramon said OKAY! That was so cool.

I was kind of sad how they fought Gotsumon. I thought he was cool.

Why couldn't the writers still keep him. >>;
Well, look at it like this. Other than SaberLeomon, up until now Gotsumon's been the only REAL villain. (For more than one episode.)

So, as one villain falls, it's time for his exact opposite, the villain lurking in plain sight, to rise.

Makes for a nice parallel, I think.

gerjomarty

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
onkeikun said:
I find it interesting that Gotsumon hated humans, yet he fell prey to such human emotions. So when you think about it, Gotsumon's not totally at fault for acting like an ass burger... the humans made him act that way. Since it's hypothesized that Digimon are affected by human emotions, it makes you wonder how they'll find a way to live peacefully together in the end. Perhaps not at all. (Prepare for a sad ending?)
I feel that they've been neglecting the concept of Digimon being affected by human emotions in recent episodes. They haven't really went in depth into Touma's Seven Deadly Sins explanation, and unless emotions have been an underlying factor in all of the digimon so far, it seems like they've forgotten about it.

I remember Touma saying about how the dimensional wall is collapsing and that he thought this was being caused by Mercurimon, but it's got to be someone else. Maybe it's Kurata? Perhaps the whole series ends up with a merged human and digital world because the dimensional wall collapses completely? (Don't think that's a very happy ending either, if the emotion theory is correct...)

Kira Yamato

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
just because no one seemed to have mentioned it, RiseGreymon actually used Solid Strike in this episode