Episode 23 Discussion/Speculation

Gizadude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re: Episode 23 Speculation

Gotsumon must be pretty upset about Saberleomon;s possible loss whic could lead to his rampage.Or maybe Kurata has something to do with this.

DigistarDBZ

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Gizadude said:
Gotsumon must be pretty upset about Saberleomon;s possible loss whic could lead to his rampage.Or maybe Kurata has something to do with this.
Whatever the reason, he's not talking nice to Mercurimon, it looks like. Probably accusing him of being too soft on the humans.

I'm wondering if Satsuma's going to potentially lose his position due to his stance about all of this. If this is the case, he won't feel obligated to just stand around in the Human World and hope Masaru and the others get back all right. ;D

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Well, he has Kudamon to protect him. And Kudamon is way more powerfull than another charcter portrayed by the same Voice Actress, Setsuka ( Soul Calibur 3 ).
Instead:
Setsuka: My life is not yours for the taking.
Talim: Yes, sure ( Totally pwn Setsuka )
This:
Kudamon: My Satsuma is not yours for the taking !
Hashiba: What can you do, little rat ?
Kudamon: This ! ( kills Hahsiba )

As for Insekimon: Seems like he pulls a bit DBZ.

Chaos Saiyajin

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Do I sense and DBZ Oozaru-esque rage for Insekimon for some reason? :-\ ;)

Sounds interesting, though I hope Yatagaramon gets to kick some ass. Please, let Peckmon evolve...

Sakurabisu

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Is it just me, or is it Gotsumon RiseGreymon's swiping at? He looks like he's still grey.

Galactic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Why is Hashiba that angry to Satsuma? What are the troops raiding DATS HQ? Why is the trio + Kurata going to DW? What does Gotsumon do after he evolves? Find out next ti -

What? Why are you staring at me like that?

Ainz

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Galactic said:
Why is Hashiba that angry to Satsuma? What are the troops raiding DATS HQ? Why is the trio + Kurata going to DW? What does Gotsumon do after he evolves? Find out next ti -

What? Why are you staring at me like that?
The most obvious reason why he could be angry might be because he has failed to prevent wide spread destruction on multiple occasions, Mercurimon's appearance, the recent damage inflicted by the digimon army and SaberLeomon, before is permanent demise. DATS may be under new jurisdiction, and since Kurata claims to be Prof. Daimon's boss, Hashiba might hand of power to him. Kurata in the Digital World - I'm thinking of lots of reasons why he might be there:

-To find out the whereabouts of Yushima
-To find/show where Prof. Daimon is
-To continue to erase digimon inhabiting that particular area of the digital world
-Bring one of those machines to shoot a laser discharge at Mercurimon

and a whole lot of other possibilities.

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

All of sound like they actually could happen.

Another one might be to reveal himself as Analogman.

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Porbably like all the other Digimon out there who aren´t Masaru´s Yoshino´s Touma´s or Ikuto´s.

ivysaur12

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I want them to put Ikuto in the opening, damnit!

Anyways, I hope Meteormon doesn't die. He's been much more of a bad guy then either Mercurimon or SaberLeomon.

Sakurabisu

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I wonder if the Hashiba/Satsuma conflict is about sending armed forces to the Digital world? Maybe they're carrying the same weaponry as the robot had?

Mercurimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Sakurabisu said:
Is it just me, or is it Gotsumon RiseGreymon's swiping at? He looks like he's still grey.
'

Actually, you might notice he has slender model's legs. *Whistles* lol, him with longs legs, that is just laughable. He also is bigger than he was as Gotsumon, and definately stronger from what we see of RizeGreymon missing.

I actually would not mind seeing an Agumon colored digi-egg, a Gaomon colored digi-egg, and a Lalamon colored digi-egg. They really should die for being traitors. I officially don't like them because they are turning on their own kind. Masaru and the others go to the digital world WORKING WITH those soldiers. (You see them arrive and soldiers waiting for them. In fact, wouldn't mind if Youshino and Tohma and especially Masaru died... Then we could turn the themesong into Ikuto, Satsuma, Old Man, and the Chessmon Girls. (That would be kick ass.)

I am rooting for Mercurimon. How dare they do that to SaberLeomon, and furthermore, how dare they just barge into a world that THEY DON'T BELONG IN and start killing things. If they kill Mercurimon I say every digimon in the Digital World should rebel and kill the humans, all the humans. He is a God so I think he is safe... SaberLeomon should have tore that machine to shreds and not ever let it get close to him.

So yeah, I am rooting for Mercurimon and Gotsumon. They are the victems.

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Keep in mind that the Savers Digimon are only protecting thier Partners. And the Digimon killed by them will be reborn ( Okay, not SaberLeomon ). Also most Digimon who enter the real World went Berserk.

And I´m not sure if Masaru and the others will agree with the way of the soldiers. They seem forced to work with them.

Raptorscribe

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Mercurimon said:
Sakurabisu said:
'

Actually, you might notice he has slender model's legs. *Whistles* lol, him with longs legs, that is just laughable. He also is bigger than he was as Gotsumon, and definately stronger from what we see of RizeGreymon missing.

I actually would not mind seeing an Agumon colored digi-egg, a Gaomon colored digi-egg, and a Lalamon colored digi-egg. They really should die for being traitors. I officially don't like them because they are turning on their own kind. Masaru and the others go to the digital world WORKING WITH those soldiers. (You see them arrive and soldiers waiting for them. In fact, wouldn't mind if Youshino and Tohma and especially Masaru died... Then we could turn the themesong into Ikuto, Satsuma, Old Man, and the Chessmon Girls. (That would be kick ass.)

I am rooting for Mercurimon. How dare they do that to SaberLeomon, and furthermore, how dare they just barge into a world that THEY DON'T BELONG IN and start killing things. If they kill Mercurimon I say every digimon in the Digital World should rebel and kill the humans, all the humans. He is a God so I think he is safe... SaberLeomon should have tore that machine to shreds and not ever let it get close to him.

So yeah, I am rooting for Mercurimon and Gotsumon. They are the victems.
So, they're traitors for siding with people who are legitimately their friends, and fighting against creatures that appear in the real world to take advantage of humans' emotions?

You have to look at what Mercurimon appears to be to DATS. Mercurimon has voiced his hatred of humans, and seems to, by their eyes, be orchestrating a premeditated attack on humanity. Of course, he's innocent and a victim of circumstance, but the evidence is stacked against him. We know he's not guilty, the writers probably don't mean for him to be guilty - but to everyone in the fictional universe, he looks pretty damn guilty, and they have no reason to assume otherwise because they haven't seen what we have.

Its unfortunate that they've arrived at this conclusion, but they have to protect their world, their families. The price of inaction, in their eyes, is death, and from their point of view, Mercurimon is coming into their world and stirring up shit already, so they have to take the fight to him.

As for Gotsumon being a victim - he's far from it. He's paranoid and prejudiced, and has made many cowardly attacks on an ALLY just because of his species. Gotsumon was distrustful and hateful to Ikuto from the beginning, and disobeyed his master's orders. He's a liar and a traitor to not just Ikuto, but Mercurimon himself. Gotsumon isn't a victim, he's digging his own grave.

There's being a traitor, and then there's following people blindly just because they're the same kind as you. I'm sure they'll learn what Mercurimon is all about at some point, and people like Masaru, Tohma, and Yoshino will adjust their POV accordingly. Yes, there are bad humans, like what Kurata seems to be, but guys like Masaru and the rest of the main DATS team are far from being like that.

ShiNocturne

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

ivysaur12 said:
I want them to put Ikuto in the opening, damnit!

Anyways, I hope Meteormon doesn't die. He's been much more of a bad guy then either Mercurimon or SaberLeomon.
I second that. I really wish they'd add Ikuto in or something, or maybe they'll do it once Peckmon digivolves, or Chika joins in or something.

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Typically we won't see a new OP until episode 26 or so. You'll probably get your wish then since he was introduced so early on compared to some series. Gives the animators plenty of time to add him to the OP.

Ainz

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I have one weird thought that we might see if Kurata has an iC, if shown very discretely although I seriously doubt it. I wonder if he's all set to take down mercurimon or if he even has a chance.