Episode 22 Speculation/Discussion

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Please continue the discussions here.  The old topic is locked.  You may use it for reference
http://www.withthewill.net/showthread.php?tid=3882

We will attempt to add in a spoiler tag, or at least a workaround for one in the near future. In the meantime, please be discreet when posting mind blowing spoilers if the episode isn't widely available yet. I would suggest maybe making the font really small for the time being.

Yuuki

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn you Toei. Sure, you show us Touma and Masaru fanservice. Now we see nude Ikuto AND Chika? DO NOT WANT.

Well, besides that...can't say much from the screencaps. I'm wondering if Leomon's seiyuu from Adventure and Tamers (I think he does Sanji in One Piece and Genma in Naruto) is the voice of SaberLeomon? Anybody know? If so, we all know what'll happen. >>;

On a final note....I like the Sayuri fanart. >>;

Splash

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yuuki said:
Well, besides that...can't say much from the screencaps. I'm wondering if Leomon's seiyuu from Adventure and Tamers (I think he does Sanji in One Piece and Genma in Naruto) is the voice of SaberLeomon? Anybody know? If so, we all know what'll happen. >>;
Not the same voice. But he still dies.

Where's the spoiler tag? D:

Mercurimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I honestly do not think SaberLeomon will die in this episode. I think he will get smacked around and run.

Gizadude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DARn Toei!!! So sick of this female fanservice. Then they give us Chika as comfort?! At least let Yoshino show her Bra off or something. Anyhow this episode looks to be intersting , although Saberleomon loks like he gets his but handed to him and runs.

Immo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't watch the episode so far, torrent's at 12%, so these are just speculations.

Mercurimon said:
I honestly do not think SaberLeomon will die in this episode. I think he will get smacked around and run.
But what's with is fang? Masaru destroyed it... I don't think that Saberleomon will survive :eek:

I can't imagine that he can escape the Savers as soon as they combine their attacks to kill him. 3 Perfects are strong enough to defeat an Ultimate, I guess. Remember Zudomon crashing Metaletemons chest with his hammer in Adventure 01... Saberleomon did the final judgement on him with his crawl, but I think that Zudomon could've done this by his own, too.

Saberleomon is strong, but if all of the three Digimon combine their attacks it will be hard for him to block it.

DigistarDBZ

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He is, SaberLeomon was strong enough- perhaps stronger than Mercurimon- and could've mopped the floor with them if something didn't interrupt the battle and cause the tide to turn so drastically that the punch from a human could destroy one of his fangs. But I'm not sure when or if a new spoiler tag will be installed anywhere in here, so I'm not sure if I should say what it was. >.>

ChiBKey

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gizadude said:
DARn Toei!!! So sick of this female fanservice. Then they give us Chika as comfort?! At least let Yoshino show her Bra off or something. Anyhow this episode looks to be intersting , although Saberleomon loks like he gets his but handed to him and runs.
The last time I recall a male fanservice, it was Ikuto's mom in bondage. I suppose they're keeping our heroine away from the definition of sluttish. :-\

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DigistarDBZ said:
But I'm not sure when or if a new spoiler tag will be installed anywhere in here
Just in case people miss my edit on the first post,

We will attempt to add in a spoiler tag, or at least a workaround for one in the near future. In the meantime, please be discreet when posting mind blowing spoilers if the episode isn't widely available. I would suggest maybe making the font really small for the time being.

If the episode has been out for a few days, you can assume that it's widely available and that anyone reading the thread will have already seen it. If the episode has only for example, been available on BT for less than a day, you may want to employ the above suggested practice at least until we can get a better solution going. It does mean if someone wants to read the text they may have to copy and paste it into notepad or something though.

Vande

I am Justice
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Screw spoiler tags!

So for the benefit of people (aka me) who won't see this til next week what did happen?

Ainz

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Japanese are so perverted, so much nudity in this episode, if anything, even more so than previous episodes

ChiBKey

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a-okay with spoilers. No biggie. At least I get to watch before its American dub release.

The Japanese are perverted... -_-
*goes back watching Maburaho*
In a serious note, though... I see bare butts here! Since when we're getting prone to nudity?

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's no problem if for the time being we just go with the "don't read if you don't want to know" approach.

Galactic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[size=2pt]Okay, so Kurata appears out of nowhere in DATS HQ, SaberLeomon in real world, the trio is no match to him, Kurata sends some kind of machine that shoots a beam to SaberLeomon, SaberLeomon becomes stunned, Masaru punches SL's saber and it crushes, RiseGreymon kills SL with Trident Revolver, SL's egg sparkles and disappears with floating bright dots. In the next ep, some kind of troops come to the HQ, Hashiba talks to Satsuma and Satsuma has a sad(?) look, trio+Kurata go to the DW, Gotsumon evolves[/size]

A nice ep, certainly.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
(Personally doesn't think you need spoiler tags in a discussion thread? It feels like it should be a given that people wouldn't look in this thread if they don't want spoilers. But I made the text really small anyway. ^^ )

Wah, this episode's plot was awesome. I really enjoyed everything about it, which I've honestly felt was lacking in the previous episodes. Along with the wonderful animation, it motivated me so much to write a detailed summary. I'm a sucker for sap, you see. Whoever wrote the storyline, I hope they keep it up. :3

[size=3pt]Episode opens up with Kurosaki leaving food for Ikuto in front of the room they provided for him in DATS. She brags about how she put all of her skill into making it, but then quickly admits she bought it at the convenience store instead. Right next to the tray is another tray of food that hasn't been eaten. Inside the room, Ikuto is huddled on the bed and tells Falcomon to eat it.

The rest of DATS is observing the Digital Gate that opened up in the sky on the screen. Gaomon says that someone opened it up on purpose. Tohma says it couldn't be from within DATS, because they don't have that sort of technology. Kurosaki comes in, and Masaru asks about Ikuto. She replies that he won't eat or answer her. While they're talking about him, Kurata suddenly appears in the middle of the room, sitting on a chair. He approaches Agumon and dishes out facts about him - while sneezing in his face. When Agumon asks him why he has such knowledge, Kurata answers, "Because I'm a Digimon otaku."

Satsuma interjects with "Is that you, Kurata-kun?" and Hashiba comes into the room to praise Kurata's good deed for opening the Digital Gate. Hashiba tells Masaru that Kurata used to be his dad's boss on the exploration party. Kudamon says that it's rules to turn Digimon into digieggs before transporting them back, but Kurata said there was no choice because it was an emergency situation. Anyway, he's more interested in Ikuto-kun. He asks if they could give him Ikuto because he's interested in the boy who grew up in the Digital world. Hashiba agrees, saying they were planning to put him under their care anyway, but Masaru interrupts and says they should ask Ikuto first.

Just then, Megumi spots Ikuto trying to leave on her monitor. Falcomon is holding him back. Masaru rushes forward to try and stop him, and Ikuto says that it's better off for everyone if he wasn't around. Masaru says, "Where are you planning to go? You don't belong anywhere! ...So come to my place! I'll take care of you!" (???????????…)

The adults are looking on the screen, back in the control room, and Satsuma gives his permission. Hashiba protests, but Satsuma says this is something that must be settled by DATS alone. Kurata says that's true, and he says he will give up. Both Kurata and Hashiba leave, and Kurata says, "See you all again," as the door closes on them.

Opening sequence!

Masaru and Ikuto arrive at the Daimon residence, and Chika gives them a loud welcome. Masaru introduces Ikuto as his friend. Chika notices the big box next to Ikuto, and thinks that Agumon is hiding under it. She grabs it, telling him it's rude to look like that in front of guests... and when she pulls it up, she sees Falcomon. Both of them are frozen stiff, obviously remembering their previous encounter. Falcomon nearly cries of fright as he tries to say something, but Chika says,

".........You stink."

...and drags both Ikuto and Falcomon to take a bath. She's strong enough to toss both Falcomon and a naked Ikuto into the bath too, apparently. xD Masaru says he'll join them, and gives Chika's head a big rub. Chika sticks her tongue out behind his back, and Agumon accidentally pushes her aside as he says he'll join too. But because both Agumon and Falcomon take up the entire tub, Masaru ends up unable to get in. xD

At the dinner table, Masaru introduces the two again to Sayuri and Chika as "Ikuto and Bird." "It's Falcomon!" both Ikuto and Falcomon cry out, and Chika says, "Ah, they talked." Then they start to eat... but before the "-masu" in "Itadakimasu" is even said, Masaru and Agumon are already shoveling food in their mouths. Ikuto and Falcomon gape at them, before trying some heart-shaped food... and after that one bite, they're also stuffing themselves as quick as they can. xD

In Masaru's room, the four are playing something similar to Jenga, with mahjong pieces. They each have to drag a piece off the board without toppling the pile over... or else they get a flick on the forehead. Ikuto topples it... and while he's running away from his punishment, Chika is about to take her bath... except there's no more hot water. xD

Later in the night, Sayuri wonders if this was all due to having Agu-chan around... their house has gotten more lively with other voices, since all Masaru ever used to do was fight.

In the Digital World, Gotsumon comes staggering back to SaberLeomon. He sincerely apologizes for his defeat. SaberLeomon asks him if he remembers the worst day their world had ever suffered, and Gotsumon does. It was the day when a terrible energy from the human world swept into their world, and turned into a sandstorm. The humans took advantage of that storm to invade the Digital world and trample their comrades. It's a completely unforgivable act. SaberLeomon says he will go himself to send judgment, and Gotsumon offers his services. But SaberLeomon says he isn't needed. To expose Mercurimon's cowardice, he will go alone, without anyone's backup.

Morning at the Daimon residence. Ikuto is sleepy-eyed and looking for the bathroom. He passes by the kitchen, where he sees Yukidarumon's back facing him. She's wearing an apron and making breakfast. Ikuto walks forward and hugs her from behind, saying, "I've caught you!" Yukidarumon turns around, but Ikuto's vision clears and he sees that it's actually Sayuri. Sayuri asks him if he's slept well, and Ikuto's face crumples. He pushes Sayuri away and runs out, right into Masaru. Ikuto screams that he's leaving, but Masaru grabs him and asks "Why? You can stay here!" But Ikuto struggles, shouting "No! No! NO!" and waking everyone up.

Masaru's earpiece beeps, and he's told there's an Ultimate digimon. SaberLeomon is slicing up buildings and causing destruction. Yoshino and Tohma are already running towards the scene, and Masaru says he'll be there.

Ikuto turns to leave, but Masaru grabs his shoulder. He asks if Ikuto is planning to sacrifice himself, and Ikuto says, "If I go, he might stop attacking. All of this is my fault!" Masaru says that he's an idiot; he shouldn't believe what they (Gotsumon and other Digimon) said because he's done nothing wrong. Then he asks if Ikuto thought yesterday's dinner was good. Ikuto stares at him in confusion, and when Masaru glares at him, he agrees. Then Masaru continues speaking, "We were supposed to have more of that good food for breakfast right now. But we have to leave without eating, all because of that something-something Digimon.

"Those who interrupt our mealtime must be served JUSTICE!!!"

The operators and Satsuma have been listening in through Masaru's earpiece, and Kurosaki tells him to leave already and not waste time saying stupid things. Ikuto says, "But... you can't win against SaberLeomon!" Masaru says, "Is that why you won't fight? If you don't fight, you won't even have a chance of winning in the first place." Then he says, "I'm going," and heads out... just as Chika says, "In your pajamas?" Masaru makes an about-face and says, "Tell me that sooner." xD

Sayuri says she'll keep their food warm and wait for them; if they have a request, she'll make it. Agumon says, "FRIED EGGS!" and Masaru says, "CURRY!" ...and Sayuri says, "Okay, let's make it fried-egg curry" (curry with fried eggs on top xD) Sayuri asks Ikuto if he's okay with that, and while Ikuto hesitates, Falcomon says, "Make two for me and Ikuto!"

MachGaogamon and Lilamon are already fighting SaberLeomon, and being completely overpowered. SaberLeomon calls them fools for teaming with humans, and they should all taste the blade of his wrath. Masaru jumps in with a "Hold it right there!"... he's standing on top of post above SaberLeomon. With a "Don't think you can do what you please on my turf!" Masaru jumps down to punch SaberLeomon. But although his digisoul appears, it doesn't harm the beast Digimon. RiseGreymon appears to join the fight, and the three Perfects attack together. Falcomon and Ikuto arrive at the scene just then thanks to Falcomon's senses... they were running after Masaru and Agumon and had trailed behind.

Despite the trio's attack, SaberLeomon is waaaaay too strong. He gives much damage to RiseGreymon with just one attack, and after brushing Lilamon away with his Infinity Arrows, he pushes a paw down on MachGaogamon's head, about to crush him. Ikuto appears right in front of SaberLeomon and yells at him to stop. Falcomon yells out, "Ikuto!" from behind... he hadn't noticed when Ikuto had slipped away. SaberLeomon recognizes the name. Ikuto says,

"Humans destroyed the Digital world. But it's not good for Digimon to destroy the human world!"

SaberLeomon says, "You were human to begin with. You wouldn't understand the Digimon's pain." Ikuto shouts, "You're wrong!!" but SaberLeomon attacks him. Falcomon pushes him away in time, and Masaru runs up to him. Ikuto says he wants to stop SaberLeomon, and Masaru tells him to worry about himself more.

Then the Big Problem child turns to SaberLeomon.

"Yo, SaberLeomon! How dare you do that to the defenseless Ikuto! I've decided, you're going DOWN!"

SaberLeomon taunts him, asking if he can really defeat him. Masaru orders RiseGreymon to stand up, but he doesn't have the strength. SaberLeomon states there's no way he can stand after his attack, but breaks off mid-sentence upon seeing a strange purple-and-green machine-like being staring at him from above.

SaberLeomon asks this thing, "Who the hell are you? Move!" but the entity aims right at SaberLeomon's forehead and shoots a beam. Something courses through SaberLeomon's body, freezing him. The entity disappears, and Masaru takes this chance to punch one of SaberLeomon's fangs.

"SaberLeomon! Feel Ikuto's pain!" Masaru yells, and his fang breaks off.

Landing on his feet, Masaru yells at RiseGreymon to show his guts. Awestruck by Masaru's strength, RiseGreymon finds the power to stand up again and send out a Trident Revolver. SaberLeomon dies cursing the humans.

Ikuto stares on, and Masaru kneels before him saying today's curry has got to be good. Tears coming to Ikuto's eyes, he simply says,

"Yeah."

RiseGreymon tells aniki to look at the digiegg... as electricity courses through it, SaberLeomon's digiegg disappears. While they're wondering what's going on, Kurata appears before them clapping. "That was a splendid fight!" he says, "I was greatly inspired!" He changes the subject:

"What was that Digimon?"

The DATS members have never seen it before, and it isn't listed in their databank. Kurata muses, "That thing was very strong. If it hadn't created an opening, things would have turned dangerous." He goes on to say,

"In any case, the Digimon have completely made us humans into their enemies. We should do something about this... Don't you agree? Professor Tohma."

Tohma looks at Kurata wordlessly.

At the Daimon residence again, everyone has big heaping bowls of fried-egg curry... and it looks so good. *_* The boys are drooling and already chowing before they even finish the "-masu"... again. xD

In the bathroom, Masaru is using the showerhead while Ikuto is in the tub. Masaru tells him not to make a mess or Chika will start yelling. Ikuto asks him hesitantly,

"Hey... is it okay for me to be here?"

Masaru says, "Hah?" and Ikuto quickly says, "Never mind," and buries half his face in the water. Masaru turns off the shower and smiles.

"Of course."

Agumon and Falcomon ruin the moment by opening the door and yelling, "We wanna join!" Masaru yells at them, "I told you not to come in!" and a big mess is made all around. xD

Ending sequence!

Preview, Masaru and the others go back to the Digital World... this time for Mercurimon. Masaru says he'll beat him this time, but Tohma corrects him, saying they've come to talk, not to fight. But even though they might want to talk, it doesn't seem like Mercurimon is willing to do the same. Gotsumon attacks them, and evolves.

From the preview itself, it looks as though Ikuto and Falcomon are forced to stay behind. Hashiba forces DATS to do something against Satsuma's wishes? And Kurata seems to persuade Hashiba that he should go to the Digital world and "help" the children. Apparently, Hashiba has a very good opinion of Kurata while he has a low one of Satsuma. [/size]

Sapphire-Phoenix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow... you're awesome, onkeikun... O_O Thanks a lot for the extremely... awesome summary ^o^ You're the best!

...Masaru... Ikuto... Naked... In the same room... Wow. What awesomeness. Bah. They so should be a couple XD It's so obvious.

Ainz

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hashiba and Kurata seemed to be around each other quite a lot in this episode, which all the more makes me think that they are both suspicious, especially considering what both their ranks are - Governmental control to Kurata beening in charge over academic control, according to that summary

MugenSeiRyuu

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting Episode.

I wonder if that Machine was only able to stun SaberLeomon because it hit him directly between the eyes. However he was for sure weakened by that, allowing RiZeGrey to kill him. And Masaru was for sure overpowered this Epsiode.

Talking about Yoshino-FanService : Despite having her normal Chest-Size, she wears her Jacket like in Episode 20, where she had a a larger chest.

Regarding Kurata: I wonder if he is allergic to Agumon.

Ainz

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought this was air signal, but I might be wrong:

Also, some pics of that machine: