English Packaging & Info for Card Game Booster EX-01 Classic Collection, with Digi-Battle Themed Logo

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
english_tcg_classic_june1_2021.jpg
english_tcg2_classic_june1_2021.jpg

Details of the English release of Booster EX-01 Classic Collection in the English version of the card game!

A few specialty card shops are reporting a release for December, and had small packaging shots, although we were able to get something a bit larger.

The packaging has a circuit-board pattern with WarGreymon reference book artwork. The Japanese Classic Collection logo is styled after the legacy Digimon logo, which was used for the original card game in Japan. Here, the logo is designed to look very reminiscent of the logo of the Digi-Battle Card Game, the original English card game.

The packaging also confirms the booster will have 73 cards, the same as the Japanese version of the booster set.

We still haven't seen much from this booster yet, but the most recent information we have from the Japanese version can be found here.

This isn't the first time that we've seen visual references to the Digi-Battle card game from the current card game in the west. The special edition of the promo pack came in a folder designed to look like Digi-Battle packaging.

Thanks to Justice4Katarina and a few others for information that let us track down the packaging image. We aren't sure where the large booster pack shot originally came from.

All the day 1 cards (the 3 starter decks, special booster 1.0, and a bunch of promo cards) we have clean images for, which can be found here.
We also have all the images from Special Booster 1.5 and a bunch of promo cards, which can be found here.
All the images of Booster 4 Great Legend, Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, and Power Up Pack, Great Dash Pack, and More Promo Cards cane be found here.

The first details for Booster Set 5 Battle of Omni can be found here.
The first details for Booster Set 6 & Starter Decks 7 and 8 in English can be found here.
English card game distro updates can be found here.
Booster 4 & Starter 4, 5, 6 Promotions, Anniversary Cards, Pulsemon, Name Change Rules, & More can be found here.
New Tournament Kit, Tamer Party Cards, & Errata Card Details can be found here.
Rule & Q&A Updates, Errata Cards, & Clean Memorial Pack Images can be found here.
New Promo Cards, Distribution Updates, Errata Card, & Questionnaire can be found here.

Attachments

• english_tcg_classic_june1_2021.jpg
    english_tcg_classic_june1_2021.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 18,036

Yotaman

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really expectant for the old design. As much as I love the art of the new cards, the nostalgia I get from the old art has a unique flavor.

Gomamonshinkaaa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really expectant for the old design. As much as I love the art of the new cards, the nostalgia I get from the old art has a unique flavor.
Same bro.. I love (almost) all digimons, but one of the values I see is on the nostalgia aspect. And nothing can replace the old art style.

hopefully they will make old style art boosters.