MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few English related updates...

ghostgame_site_eng_october29_2021.png

First up, the Toei Ghost Game website has added an English version, with English equivalents for various pages.

The various sections have English text, and it uses the modified English version of the show logo.

This also gives us a really good quality clean version of that specific logo...

ghostgame_logo_eng_october29_2021.png

And then...

English subtitles have been added to the full music video for Faction, the opening theme for Ghost Game.

It uses the captioning system on Youtube, so it's the same video from before.

Previous updates for Faction can be found here.

A few 'not quite related' updates that make things a bit more convenient for English speaking Ghost Game fans.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 7,127

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, did Adventure: get this treatment?

If not, does this pave the way to an English dub? :unsure:

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, did Adventure: get this treatment?

If not, does this pave the way to an English dub? :unsure:

It'd be weird to not end up with an english dub of 2020 but if they do wind up dubbing Ghost Game then fine lol a dub is a dub

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’d be totally fine with skipping 2020 For GG. Short of them doing a full on gag dub, because that’s the only way I‘ll be able to sit through it again. It’s not like it doesn’t lend itself easily to one.

sappyfoo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm, did they do this for the adventure reboot? Because I don't remember them doing this with adventure like they did with GG. I'm REALLY hoping this means that they may do a dub of GG. I'm totally fine with them skipping a dub for the reboot. I did like the reboot despite the downfalls to it but even though GG is only 3 episodes in I am already in LOVE with it. So I truly hope they dub it. Shoot I would love a dub of both but I'd prefer GG to get a dub. Either way I still watch it on CR. My husband doesn't really get into Digimon but I asked him to give GG a shot and watch it and my Drasil he had so many questions and actually really seemed to enjoy it. He's excited for the next episode and I'm so confused how he rejected all the other shows (mostly just rejecting watching it) but he really digs GG. It cracks me up and also makes me super happy he enjoyed it.

SoulCoreAttack99

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe it might happen... But it's up to Toei to do that though once they find a distributor like Shout! Factory, who did Digimon Adventure tri. and Last Evolution Kizuna on Blu-ray and DVD.

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^ I hope not shout...they were so inconsistent with tri movies
felt like they got lazy towards then end lol

Cardcaptor Takato

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i doubt that Ghost Game getting an official English website really means much as to whether or not it will get an English dub. The only other Toei anime besides DB Super and One Piece to get a dub in recent years has been World Trigger and it doesn't have an official English website to the best of my knowledge. I don't really see it likely that Ghost Game will get a dub. The Digimon TV shows haven't gotten any dubs since Fusion and they've only dubbed the movies. It's easier to get a voice cast together to dub a movie series once or twice a year than committing to dubbing a 50+ show where you don't know how successful will it be and non Adventure-related Digimon content has traditionally been difficult to sell even with a dub. The market for kids anime in the US also isn't as big as it used to be back in Digimon's heyday. Outside of mainstream Shonen Jump titles that tend to be more marketed towards younger teens in the US even if they're kid shows in Japan, the only kid shows that still get dubs nowadays are Yugioh and Pokemon and those are now directly to streaming platforms instead of cable TV. And Bushiroad dubs Cardfight Vanguard but that's also released directly to streaming and it's their own commissioned dub. Zoids Wild got a dub but hardly anyone watched it and it didn't make much of a lasting impression in the West. And most of Toei's other kids shows in recent years like Gegege no Kitaro and Precure are released sub only on Crunchyroll. World Trigger has been more the exception for Toei because that show is also marketed in the US more at mainstream anime fans than as a kid's show even though it for kids in Japan. Most likely Toei wants to use this site to raise more awareness that Ghost Game is in the US and you can watch it on streaming platforms. It is a nice bit of clever marketing that stands out especially nowadays when everything tends to be done on social media that it's nice to have a more official website like this separate from Twitter or Facebook.