English Digimon Card Game Delays- Starter Decks in US & Everything in Europe

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digimon_tcg_english_january8_2020.jpg

A duo of delays have been announced (2) (3) for the English release of the Digimon Card Game.

The announcement given by the official card game social accounts:
Unfortunately, Covid-19 continues to have a significant impact on our production and distribution networks worldwide.

Starter Decks ST1-3 have been delayed in production and will be available in hobby channels from mid-February. We apologize profusely for this delay.

For Europe, we have been advised by our distribution partners that stock will not arrive until the 25th January. Unfortunately, this will result in a delayed release in some European territories. Once again, we are very sorry for the shipping delay.

So the starter decks are delayed for the US until February. And based on where you are in Europe stock won't show up until the 25th (although the way it is worded suggests stock 'has' shown up in some countries.)

The pre-sale for the first wave of English Digimon Card Game releases is out. It includes the first 3 starter decks and special booster 1.0 (a larger than normal booster set containing a selection of cards from the 1st 3 Japanese boosters. When paired with the upcoming special 1.5, it contains all the cards as those boosters in Japan.)

All the day 1 cards (the 3 starter decks, special booster 1.0, and a bunch of promo cards) we have clean images for, which can be found here.
Various rules and other updates for the early release of the Digimon Card Game English version can be found here.
We also have info about the release of Starter Decks 4, 5, and 6 and Booster Set 4 in English here.
Early packaging and promo card details for special booster 1.5 can be found here.
Details of the upcoming Premium Pack & Great Dash Pack can be found here and here.
Details of the January Tamer Party promo cards & rule and Q/A updates can be found here.

Attachments

• digimon_tcg_english_january8_2020.jpg
    digimon_tcg_english_january8_2020.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 12,507

AritzCM

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This gives time for the confinement of my town to end in time to go buy the boosters! Yaay!

Vittorini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, we will have to wait a bit longer to open another box. Luckily for us, there is so much stuck coming in 2021 !

Golden_Fate

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wanna pick up the cards so badly, but I doubt I'd be able to find someone to play with. Give me more time to decide I suppose.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So they'll still be available in some parts of Europe in January? is that what they're saying?