English Card Game Updates - Preview of RizeGreymon Promo Card & Bulcomon & Omnimon X from Booster Set 5 plus Rule Updates

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A few English card game updates!

First up, the RizeGreymon promo card that comes with the Premium pack. This is the English equivalent of the Winner's Card that was released alongside Battle Pack 3 in Japan. The Premium Pack is officially out on May 28th and includes two copies of the RizeGreymon card.

And then we have a few previews from the English version of Booster Set 5, which is out later this year. The early previews are from them being used in a rule update example.

First of these is, Bulucomon! The relatively recent Digimon will get his first English card as part of Booster Set 5.

And then we get a premium of Omnimon X!

And then the Bandai-ing...

Various promo cards (such as RizeGreymon) on the English version cardlist are being included in the cardlist in the set their non-alternate versions are from, so cards like RizeGreymon are listed with the cards from Booster 1.5, instead of the promo cards, making the cardlist a bitt iffy.

And then, Blucomon/Bulcomon uses 'Bulucomon', one of the more convoluted potential ways to translate/say his name.

And then Omnimon X formats the spelling of X Antibody 2 different ways on the card.

And last up, a few updates to the card game from the website...

Errata
A card has been added to the errata list.

BT3-092 MaloMyotismon
Before- [All Turns] When another Digimon is deleted, gain 1 memory
After- [All Turns] When another Digimon is deleted, gain 1 memory for each Digimon deleted.

Rule Clarification (Also the source of the Bulucomon and Omnimon X card images.)
For cards with 'gain 1 memory' effect, such as BT5-022 Bulucomon, P-004 Gomamon, BT2-085 Joe Kido.
The cards currently have inconsistent wording. All three effects should activate when an effect controlled by you or your opponent causes your opponent to trash a digivolution card during your turn. (Note that {Joe Kido} requires you to suspend it.)
Future cards will use a revised text to make it more clear.

All the day 1 cards (the 3 starter decks, special booster 1.0, and a bunch of promo cards) we have clean images for, which can be found here.
We also have all the images from Special Booster 1.5 and a bunch of promo cards, which can be found here.
We also have info about the release of Starter Decks 4, 5, and 6 and Booster Set 4 in English here.
The first details for Booster Set 5 Battle of Omni can be found here.
The first details for Booster Set 6 & Starter Decks 7 and 8 in English can be found here.
English card game distro updates can be found here.
Booster 4 & Starter 4, 5, 6 Promotions, Anniversary Cards, Pulsemon, Name Change Rules, & More can be found here.

Attachments

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And then Omnimon X formats the spelling of X Antibody 2 different ways on the card.
Ok, someone's taking the piss at us. It's got to be. We're being played like a fiddle, this has to be intentional. The constant weirdness with translation is one thing, but translating the same thing two different ways on one card is a bridge too far, I think.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bandai needs better translator I think.

Or, better typewriter.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh. I assumed it was Blucomon, since that's what Wikimon uses. Weird name to choose to spell right.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't know about that. Thought Blucomon was totally normal. Bulucomon... Felt so...Distorted.