English Card Game Updates- New Promo Cards, Distribution Updates, Errata Card, & Questionnaire

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some English card game updates!

koromon_parallel_may28_2021.jpg
greymon_parallel_may28_2021.jpg
wargreymon_parallel_may28_2021.jpg

First up, new promo cards! And not just new for English. I don't think we've seen these 3 cards at all. These new parallel/alternate art cards are for: BT5-001 Koromon, BT5-010 Greymon, & ST1-11 WarGreymon.

The promo cards will be given away in upcoming Online Premiere events in June. Koromon will be given away to all participants, while Greymon and WarGreymon need to be won. There will also be a chance to win an invitation to a future event.

Koromon and Greymon will be considered not tournament legal until the formal release of Booster Set 5 Battle of Omni in the west.

And then we have a few stock/distro updates...

Reprints of Special Boosters 1.0 and 1.5, along with Starter Decks 1 through 3, have been delivered to distributors.

Plus, Walmart will begin to Stock Special Booster 1.5 and Starter Decks 1 through 3 starting in June.

Next up, an errata card...

meicoomon_errata_may28_2021.png

Meicoomon, from Booster Set 4, has been added to the list of errata cards.

BT4-041 Meicoomon
Before- Attribute: Unidentified Type: Unidentified
After- Attribute: Unknown Type: Unknown

The 'Before' text is what was printed on the actual card. All copies of the card regardless of printed text should be treated as 'After' now.

And last up...

Bandai has put up a questionnaire regarding Premium Pack 1.

Seeing some cards before we saw the Japanese versions was nice. It'll be interesting to see how they get distributed in the Japanese version of the card game. (It feels like there is an Agumon card missing...)

All the day 1 cards (the 3 starter decks, special booster 1.0, and a bunch of promo cards) we have clean images for, which can be found here.
We also have all the images from Special Booster 1.5 and a bunch of promo cards, which can be found here.
All the images of Booster 4 Great Legend, Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, and Power Up Pack, Great Dash Pack, and More Promo Cards cane be found here.

The first details for Booster Set 5 Battle of Omni can be found here.
The first details for Booster Set 6 & Starter Decks 7 and 8 in English can be found here.
English card game distro updates can be found here.
Booster 4 & Starter 4, 5, 6 Promotions, Anniversary Cards, Pulsemon, Name Change Rules, & More can be found here.
New Tournament Kit, Tamer Party Cards, & Errata Card Details can be found here.
Rule & Q&A Updates, Errata Cards, & Clean Memorial Pack Images can be found here.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 8,302

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They really need to stop printing cards with the wrong stuff so they don't have to errata them.

As for those cards, they're really cool. Will be interesting to see if the west starts getting exclusive card arts (which would be kinda worrying for Ciel/Noir for me)

Akiruaz

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Wargreymon looking cool

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is this the first lengthy "Except" dub related mistake the English card game has had to correct for? Because man, Greymon support getting hit with the old Frog The Jam/Red Eyes Black Chick thing is probably going to be a perverse source of humor for me for this card game's life.

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lol they make themselves difficult in every translated card by "[other than X-Greymon]" stuff.

They should start choosing better names next time they want to localize digimon names.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oof, Archetype Exception Clauses are always painful to see. Definitely would have been wiser to put "This card does not count as X Digimon" on BurningGreymon and the others instead as that would have ended up as less work.

Cool art though. <3

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lol they make themselves difficult in every translated card by "[other than X-Greymon]" stuff.

They should start choosing better names next time they want to localize digimon names.

I mean I'm pretty sure they used DoruGreymon because of pronunciation. If they translated it as either DoruGremon or DoruGuremon people would pronounce it wrong when it's meant to be pronounced as "doru-grey-mon". You'd have "doru-greh-mon" (DoruGremon) or "Doru-Grrrmon" (DoruGuremon) and thats not how theyre supposed to be pronounced. Doing it as DoruGreymon makes it clear that that's how it's supposed to be pronounced. Sure would've been simpler if the japanese just did it as DoruGreymon instead of dropping the y and making it DoruGremon. It doesnt change the pronunciation in Japanese as "Dorugureimon" and "DoruGuremon" are pronounced the same there. (also yes, the DRB says its "DoruGuremon", but that's translating it kinda weirdly when they don't translate Greymon as Gureimon, which is how Greymon is pronounced in Japanese). Similar reason as to why its "Ravemon" in English, "Ravmon" would be pronounced wrong by English speakers. It's pronounced "Reivumon" there, so "Ravemon" gets the name across better. So I think DoruGreymon is the correct choice to make sure the pronunciation for western speakers is accurate. Maybe "DoruGraymon" would work instead actually, since that woudn't effect pronunciation and would make sure it's not a Greymon-species Digimon.

Not much excuse for BurningGreymon and KendoGarurumon other than marketability, though.

Last edited:

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not much excuse for BurningGreymon and KendoGarurumon other than marketability, though.

I mean, that wasn't even the only time they did it in Frontier, there was also "Metalkabuterimon" and "Korikkakumon".

But then they translated Kaiserleomon, the only one that actually was like that out of the Beast Spirits, as Jaegerlowemon, because, uh.

OffBrandANON

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it's bemusingly amusing to see a frog the jam in another card game, and to see another example of random dub name changes causing localization issues.