English Card Game Updates- Event Pack & Booster Set 5 Previews, plus Sleeves

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few different English card game updates!

eventpackenglish_missimon_july9_2021.jpg
eventpackenglish_metalgarurumon_july9_2021.jpg
eventpackenglish_unimon_july9_2021.jpg
eventpackenglish_candlemon_july9_2021.jpg

And we start off with card previews!

Over the last few days we've gotten more previews of cards from the upcoming Event Pack that will be given out in the English version of the Digimon Evolution Cup!

This time we get previews of Missimon, MetalGarurumon, Unimon, and Candlemon. Both Missimon and MetalGarurumon feature new artwork, while Unimon and Candlemon feature artwork from prior versions of the cards.

Next up, Booster Set 5!

bt5_gabumon_july9_2021.jpg
bt5_garurumon_july9_2021.jpg
bt5_sagittarius_july9_2021.jpg
bt5_metalgarurumon_july9_2021.jpg
bt5_renamon_july9_2021.jpg
bt5_kyubimon_july9_2021.jpg
bt5_taomon_july9_2021.jpg
bt5_sakuyamon_july9_2021.jpg
bt5_assistant_july9_2021.jpg
bt5_palmon_july9_2021.jpg

These are all the same cards as their Japanese counterparts, simply translated into English. This batch of previews features Gabumon & Garurumon, WereGarurumon: Sagittarius Mode & MetalGarurumon, Renamon & Kyubimon, Taomon & Sakuyamon, and Terriermon Assistant & Palmon.

The English version of Booster Set 5 Battle of Omni is out on August 6th.

In addition, sleeves!

sleeves_july9_2021.png

These 4 sleeve designs that came out recently in Japan will be out this month for the English version of the card game.

For $6.50 you get 60 sleeves of your chosen design.

All the day 1 cards (the 3 starter decks, special booster 1.0, and a bunch of promo cards) we have clean images for, which can be found here.
We also have all the images from Special Booster 1.5 and a bunch of promo cards, which can be found here.
All the images of Booster 4 Great Legend, Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, and Power Up Pack, Great Dash Pack, and More Promo Cards cane be found here.

The first details for Booster Set 5 Battle of Omni can be found here.
The first details for Booster Set 6 & Starter Decks 7 and 8 in English can be found here.
English card game distro updates can be found here.
Booster 4 & Starter 4, 5, 6 Promotions, Anniversary Cards, Pulsemon, Name Change Rules, & More can be found here.
New Tournament Kit, Tamer Party Cards, & Errata Card Details can be found here.
Rule & Q&A Updates, Errata Cards, & Clean Memorial Pack Images can be found here.
New Promo Cards, Distribution Updates, Errata Card, & Questionnaire can be found here.
English Packaging & Info for Card Game Booster EX-01 Classic Collection can be found here.
Evolution Cup Details & Prize Previews can be found here.
LordKnightmon & Vilemon English Card Previews from Event Pack can be found here.
Biyomon English Card Preview from Event Pack can be found here.
Booster Set 5 Box Toppers & Pre-Release Tournament, Event Pack Cards, & Classic Collection Preview (w/ a Surprise) can be found here.
Event Pack & Booster Set 5 Previews, plus Rule Updates can be found here.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 9,635
Last edited:

XDragon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems more likely that each set of 60 is about 6.50

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see the Gabumon/Garurumon cards have forgotten “KendoGarurumon” still exists from Frontier’s notoriously bad localization.

KoushiroIzumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see the Gabumon/Garurumon cards have forgotten “KendoGarurumon” still exists from Frontier’s notoriously bad localization.
KendoGarurumon has an official ruling that it isn't treated as a Garurumon. Mind you I'm still of the mindset they should have pulled a modern Yu-Gi-Oh! and printed any cards for it and the nonGreymons themselves with their "Frog the Jam" conditions to avoid cluttering effect text for other cards like they have already.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
KendoGarurumon has an official ruling that it isn't treated as a Garurumon. Mind you I'm still of the mindset they should have pulled a modern Yu-Gi-Oh! and printed any cards for it and the nonGreymons themselves with their "Frog the Jam" conditions to avoid cluttering effect text for other cards like they have already.

So do the not Greymons. Yet they still list them. If they don't have to list kendogarurumon then they don't have to list the greymons either. This is a dumb inconsistency that makes little sense.

The other cards say "except those three greymons" on every card.

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish they would have put Youkomon in that pose that they put Kyuubimon in.