Encounters Updates- Theme Song, Interview, New Year's Image, & Adventure Promo Images

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Encounters Updates- Theme Song, Interview, New Year's Image, & Adventure Promo Images

Always nice to get an update on this...

While we can't play Digimon Encounters, the Chinese mobile game has had a number of interesting things pop up regarding it since it's announcement.

The newest is an official theme song, provided as part of an intro video on the Encounters page on Weibo. The song 'Sparking Light' is sung by Konomi Suzuki, who has sung theme songs for Absolute Duo, Fairy Tail, No Game No Life, Watamote, and a number of other titles.

On top of that, they put up another video!

This one appears to be interview/Q&A content with a number of the Encounters stafff. Hopefully we can get translations of some of this, as it seems interesting.

Then we get a New Year's image!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A fun little image.

Last up...

On the pages for Encounter on Chinese app store TapTap, a number of promotion and instruction images have been swapped out for new images featuring the Adventure kids and Digimon.

The artwork ranges from brand new artwork seemingly done by in house artists, to 20 year old promotional Adventure art (sometimes seemingly retraced), to artwork from the PSP game, to a few images that I believe have only been used in the last few years.

Most of these appear to just be the Adventure characters added to Encounters informational images for promotional use, and based on what little I can make out, don't appear to mention any Adventure specific things appearing in the game.

A lot of updates for Encounters with some interesting touches, for something that very likely most of us will never play.

Thanks to our friends at Digimon World Espana for the heads up regarding the TapTap images.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been wondering what they've been up to. That pic with the girl and Lillymon is adorable and gets a <3 from me. Whilst it's obviously just a generic model, I love her and Lillymon is a good boost too!

That was a cool opening. The models shown at the start seem to be from ASR to me, rather than the ones from Cyber Sleuth.

I guess maybe the protag starts with Agumon. Or Gatomon. Or Veemon, lol. Though he was shown running with Agumon. ...or Blucomon. I guess we wont really know unless someone can get their hands on it. Like, I really want them to lol, this seems like a good game. On mobile :O. One day we'll see his Mega. Or maybe it exists and people in China just haven't shared it with us yet lol

I wonder if those group digivolutions in the interview are supposed to represent story characters, or are just random evolutions. theyre all just from the anime anyway other than Gargomon to Antylamon. or more likely they're just to show off some footage I guess lol. still, looks decent

Your Encounters new year pic is tagged as ReArise btw

Last edited:

frankiemon827

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
interesting...I just noticed that most of the Chinese words described on those adventure kids' pictures are also titles for digimon adventure tri movies...

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
V-mon playing the expectant parent is the most amusing thing I've seen in this franchise in a while.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hopefully this is a good mobile digimon game, though I still don't believe them so much, since it's china, but both Linkz and ReArise has been meh and boring, so yeah...

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is cool. Bit of a shame it's only in China but maybe we can get the info from it.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm thinking it'll be ported to Japan around the time they release Blucomons vpet password

plus they're using Japanese actors

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I went to the Chinese version of Youtube and saw the start of the game. The pic up there is actually the default female protag, which makes me sad she's only in the Chinese.

The start of the game has Agumon greet you as your partner. Then you see a Leomon fighting Myotismon. Then you help him. Myotismon summons Sukamon, Bakemon and Ogremon. Leomon turns into GrapLeomon. Agumon turns into Greymon, then MetalGreymon then one shots all four Digimon. Grap then reverts back to Leomon, MGmon to Koromon. Then Leomon takes them to some sort of city, and then Koromon turns back into Agumon. All videos I saw then showed the protag getting an Ikkakumon from the first gacha, then Leomon joins their party. Then they beat the crap out of a Goblimon, then I stopped watching there.

So that's how the game starts.

Last edited:

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I went to the Chinese version of Youtube and saw the start of the game. The pic up there is actually the default female protag, which makes me sad she's only in the Chinese.

The start of the game has Agumon greet you as your partner. Then you see a Leomon fighting Myotismon. Then you help him. Myotismon summons Sukamon, Bakemon and Ogremon. Leomon turns into GrapLeomon. Agumon turns into Greymon, then MetalGreymon then one shots all four Digimon. Grap then reverts back to Leomon, MGmon to Koromon. Then Leomon takes them to some sort of city, and then Koromon turns back into Agumon. All videos I saw then showed the protag getting an Ikkakumon from the first gacha, then Leomon joins their party. Then they beat the crap out of a Goblimon, then I stopped watching there.

I've seen the game already, and it's pretty meh, typical chinese games, even though supervised from Bandai Namco itself.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I've seen the game already, and it's pretty meh, typical chinese games, even though supervised from Bandai Namco itself.
give a quick run down of the story/characters?

how do you get blucomon lol, and did he have a mega etc

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
there's a youtube gameplay already, I really don't like the battlefield camera (far top down), and the command is pure auto. Tutorial is pretty slow, the exploration means really nothing so far, and yep, the animation is basically reused assets from CS/HM. Story is pretty far null, no story. Pretty meh for an official Bandai Namco mobile game, the bootlegs did much better ironically.

Probably this is why I saw some mainland chinese on twitter begging bandai to make chinese version of linkz & rearise already instead of ordering the shanghai branch bamco to create a game exclusively for chinese market. I began to understand their complaint.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well it seems to be doing well either way. I was on the chinese app store, and it was in the tending top ten on the three days I checked and was on the recommended tab as the second highest recommended game and has a ridiculous amount of 5 star reviews. number one was some sort of idol raising game

I hope our Bandai are getting this money lol

whats sucks is I wasnt able to DL the game myself. I was able to access their app store, but I wasnt able to DL it, I guess it knew I was on a british IP. then again, the game started DLing, but it seems I had to update the store to be allowed to or something but I dont speak chinese so it was mean.

I was using the chinese version of the blue stacks app player.

rossi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
this is very cool