Early V-Jump News- New Digimon V-Pets Are Coming, "Series Z"?

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Makes me wonder if we will get possibly a new digimon called Zetamon I'm really curious about what this series is about hell if we are lucky they could(but not counting on it) have second thoughts on Zexmon the prototype for Chaosmon.

But Z evolution sounds extremely cool a lot of interesting ideas in this discussion.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Echoing the sentiment that whatever "Z" is, I hope it's not another X-Antibody-esque alternate form or whatever. I hope it's more creative than that.
I doubt I speak for anyone except myself, but I legitimately hope this is actually a new type of product. Between my DM20, Pendulum (my favorite v-pet until I get my Tamagotchi On), and the first 2 DM X, I'm feeling a little suckered. It's so redundant to get essentially the same play experience for what we end up paying. I didn't get the X3 partly because I was still playing with my X2 and partly because... despite all the new Digimon in the device, it just felt like an actual rehash of the first two, with most of the same characters from the first X.

I'd like a new v-pet, something a bit more expansive, not just the same gameplay loop with a couple new sprites. I feel like Tamagotchi has tried to innovate in many ways over the decades, but these devices just feel stuck in the past.
Also this. It was okay for the 20th anniversary devices since those were nostalgia throwbacks, but I'd like to see the formula evolve a bit more.
I hope they add color this time. Classic 16x16 sprites with color is great.
I'd be down with that.

Tarama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd be down with that.
Actually, when Last Evolution Kizuna teaser showed us the smartphone digivice (I don't know what it is actually because I don't watch Kizuna yet) back then, I was hoping for something really new for V-Pet.
That smartphone digivice can be a new level V-Pet.
Wide screen, full color, many digimons. By many I mean MANY. From the first one like Botamon to like HeavyLeomon now.
The gameplay is leveled up. We can go to an adventure like classic pixelated game. Story with many quests. It has mini games. It has chatting feature to other friends who owns the same device so we can gather in one big digimon community online.
Some old digimons who didn't get the love and were forgotten by some fans could actually make a comeback in that new V-Pet. The digimon can still be in 16x16 but in color. The higher the pixel the better. So we can enjoy classic pixelated game vibe with great setting, aerial view, without abandoning the stripe/pixel as the identity of V-Pet. The device has the option for us to change the colorful display to classic black and white. It's up to us.
It's just like smartphone but only for digimons.

I know if that happens it will be very very expensive. But I believe every digimon fans would buy that.

It's just my wishful thinking, but I really hope someday we all get to play that kind of V-Pet. I really do.

Last edited:

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really hope the Z vpets are mostly original new Digimon. We really haven't had that since the original Pendulums.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I doubt if there are really "Z" evolution or new upgrades. "Z" is just merely name pattern comes with pair versions like other V-pet series.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really hope the Z vpets are mostly original new Digimon. We really haven't had that since the original Pendulums.
Same here, mostly, but also there are a lot of underused Digimon I'd like to see given some love. It'd be great if they gave Ketomon and Hopmon the same treatment as Kiimon and Yaamon for instance.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Same here, mostly, but also there are a lot of underused Digimon I'd like to see given some love. It'd be great if they gave Ketomon and Hopmon the same treatment as Kiimon and Yaamon for instance.
I'm really surprised they weren't the babies in the x3. It seemed like the perfect oppurtunity.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they'll use more Digimon not normally used. Also I doubt Z is a new evo. ...Heh. Z-Pets.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'd be funny if Z-Forms are a new evolution, and the reason they skipped Y was to avoid further Pokemon comparison. šŸ˜„
Though I doubt there will be Z-Forms when they still have so many X's to fill in.

If there's any connection, maybe it refers to the new world/society from Chronicle X after the worlds fused.
In any case, as long as there are some cool new Digimon included, I'm happy.
...Heh. Z-Pets.
šŸ˜‹

Prince of Darkness

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish they put whole Arcadimon evo line.
I'd also like to see Digimon from V-Tamer like Regulumon and Dominimon.
It would be awesome to incorporate more items like in DMX but also some evolution and de-evolution items like Spirits and Digimentals for Armor and other evolutions.
Expanded quest mode and maybe internet connection for online battles.. hmmm