Early Survive Info From V-Jump- Agumon Evolution Branching & Other Updates

Dragnoran

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope for partner change system, I'm not big fan of Agumon and I would like to play with Gabumon or Veemon
There will be ways to use other digimon but you absolutely wont be able to change the storywise partner

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pot Shots aside, I'm more interested in the Gameplay ramifications if Agumon is the only one to have alternate evolution routes. I am entirely convinced that Storywise, Digimon can't make a boring game. It's usually gameplay that turns me off from playing which is why I hate World X so much and never finished Championshit. If Agumon is going to be the only one with Alternate evolution lines, that drastically reduces the strategy and replayability value you can employ. I entirely hope this isn't the case, but if it is I can't say I didn't expect it.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am entirely convinced that Storywise, Digimon can't make a boring game.
Adventure PSP was "what if Digimon Adventure, but as a video game, that doesn't make the plot of Adventure change at all to match being a video game, and because of the grinding it takes longer than just rewatching the show would," that was pretty boring storywise. You could also count Ver S, I guess? Since it's just "you raise a V-Pet, also there's hackers fucking around".

I get your point though.

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am entirely convinced that Storywise, Digimon can't make a boring game.
Adventure PSP was "what if Digimon Adventure, but as a video game, that doesn't make the plot of Adventure change at all to match being a video game, and because of the grinding it takes longer than just rewatching the show would," that was pretty boring storywise. You could also count Ver S, I guess? Since it's just "you raise a V-Pet, also there's hackers fucking around".

I get your point though.
To be honest, I was watching Adventure while playing Adventure PSP at the same time so maybe there is a problem with that one. In my defence, I've also never played any Wonderswan games besides Anode/Cathode and Half of Tag Tamers, so I wouldn't have known about Ver S either.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If Agumon is going to be the only one with Alternate evolution lines, that drastically reduces the strategy and replayability value you can employ.
Not really. Because if the other characters had alternate evolutions they would still be stuck with the evolutions you got through the story. And if they DON'T have alternate evolutions, that means there's gonna be more recruitable mons to fill in the gap.

Holo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If Agumon is going to be the only one with Alternate evolution lines, that drastically reduces the strategy and replayability value you can employ.
Not really. Because if the other characters had alternate evolutions they would still be stuck with the evolutions you got through the story. And if they DON'T have alternate evolutions, that means there's gonna be more recruitable mons to fill in the gap.
Honestly I think it may depend on how elaborate the karma system is. For example, obviously our karma is going affect agumon and the evolution route he takes will reflect our choices. But it's possible that along the way there may be interactions to be had with the other characters that inspire their choices. Say in my first playthrough I act like a real jerk to my digimon and make all the worst choices regarding him that I can. He's probably going to go down the virus path. But along the way maybe I somehow inspire righteousness in my allies and that leads them to their best possible choices for the situation and they get vaccine evolutions. Now in my second playthrough, maybe I'm still a real monster to poor agumon but this time I'm equally bad with my allies. They may go virus as well. If not maybe even die. But that's just my guess as to how it could have max reply value in terms of branching partner evolutions 🤷‍♀️

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly I think it may depend on how elaborate the karma system is. For example, obviously our karma is going affect agumon and the evolution route he takes will reflect our choices. But it's possible that along the way there may be interactions to be had with the other characters that inspire their choices. Say in my first playthrough I act like a real jerk to my digimon and make all the worst choices regarding him that I can. He's probably going to go down the virus path. But along the way maybe I somehow inspire righteousness in my allies and that leads them to their best possible choices for the situation and they get vaccine evolutions. Now in my second playthrough, maybe I'm still a real monster to poor agumon but this time I'm equally bad with my allies. They may go virus as well. If not maybe even die. But that's just my guess as to how it could have max reply value in terms of branching partner evolutions 🤷‍♀️
it has been mentioned a few times that there is a "Free Time" mode where you can find other story characters in various areas and interact with them to deepen your "bond" with them. This almost certainly affects gameplay and likely also affects the story.
So pretty valid theory.

Habu has also mentioned that you're not stuck with an Agumon evolution if he winds up a certain path but you most likely will not be able to get all his paths in your first playthrough.

Holo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it has been mentioned a few times that there is a "Free Time" mode where you can find other story characters in various areas and interact with them to deepen your "bond" with them. This almost certainly affects gameplay and likely also affects the story.
So pretty valid theory.

Habu has also mentioned that you're not stuck with an Agumon evolution if he winds up a certain path but you most likely will not be able to get all his paths in your first playthrough.
Not being able to get them all in a single playthrough makes sense to me. I mean, if I nosedive into being an atrocious person and turn my digi-boy into a monster, it'd be pretty weird to be able to turn my act around enough to send him all the way to the other end of the karma spectrum before the end of the game. So I can for sure understand that.

Thinking more on the free time aspect though... I sort of wonder if that may roll into each character's own respective flaws and whatnot. For example, one of your allies (if I remember correctly) is stated as being neglectful of lopmon which makes it feel lonely. So... I'm wondering if free time would allow you to steer him in another direction (and away from his neglectful nature), and, in the long run, alter the evolutionary route that lopmon takes. Because to me, that sort of a relationship sounds like it slates lopmon for a virus evolution driven by negativity should we not intervene. Again though, that's just my interpretation 😅

Last edited by a moderator:

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's actually stated that you can switch between evolutions somehow, I don't know where I heard it from though.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's actually stated that you can switch between evolutions somehow, I don't know where I heard it from though.
I quoted and linked that passage on the previous page of this thread

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I quoted and linked that passage on the previous page of this thread
Yeah, that's right. My brain's just fried with all this juicy survive stuff we've been getting.

AquaKai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've also never played any Wonderswan games besides Anode/Cathode and Half of Tag Tamers, so I wouldn't have known about Ver S either
A bit off-topic, but for your knowledge, Ver. S was a Sega Saturn game. There is another virtual pet simulator for WonderSwan though, it's called unsurprisingly Digital Monster Ver. WonderSwan.
And I have to say, the Adventure games for WS had terrible and boring gameplay. Would choose a v-pet simulator like the above or Championship (which I loved) any day over them.

I don't like strategy games much(still haven't finished the only Fire Emblem I own) and I'm not crazy about visual novels either, but I fear Survive will turn out a complete failure, especially if one has too high expectations.